Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

SA School Kids Asked To Make Slave Auction Posters for Project (PICS) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SA School Kids Asked To Make Slave Auction Posters for Project (PICS) (4363 Views)

Uganda High School Kids Arrive Prom Date with Chopper, Tesla, Benz, Lambo / White SA School Kids Brawl In Viral Video, Boy Suspended (PICS) / Social Distancing Among Nursery School Kids In France After Resumption (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA School Kids Asked To Make Slave Auction Posters for Project (PICS) by okeyben10: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
Not such a terrible activity.

The problem is how it was presented by the teacher. Calling it a fun activity made light/a mockery of the experience of the people who suffered the injustice.

Maybe it wouldn't have been a sensitivity issue if the students had been asked to empathise with d slaves and say how it made them feel.

We shouldn't stop teaching some aspects of history simply becos it makes some people uncomfortable. That is how they wanna hide what happened in hiroshima and negasaki and even the nigeria civil war or d black/white fight in tusla

Whether we like it or not, d slave trade happened

1 Like

Re: SA School Kids Asked To Make Slave Auction Posters for Project (PICS) by Boanerges007: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
Well, teaching on the topic is not a bad idea but that assignment is just too off point.

I know of an easy way to earn Ethereum. I can teach you if u can dm me.
Re: SA School Kids Asked To Make Slave Auction Posters for Project (PICS) by TMKsouth: 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
okeyben10:
Not such a terrible activity.

The problem is how it was presented by the teacher. Calling it a fun activity made light/a mockery of the experience of the people who suffered the injustice.

Maybe it wouldn't have been a sensitivity issue if the students had been asked to empathise with d slaves and say how it made them feel.

I like this. cool
Re: SA School Kids Asked To Make Slave Auction Posters for Project (PICS) by Iceyjayz: 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
TMKsouth:

I like this. cool
Lazy fool get outta our forum, this ain't randland modafvcker!
Re: SA School Kids Asked To Make Slave Auction Posters for Project (PICS) by TMKsouth: 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
Iceyjayz:
Lazy fool get outta our forum, this ain't randland modafvcker!

Hi!
Re: SA School Kids Asked To Make Slave Auction Posters for Project (PICS) by Ayotemide(f): 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
That 'Education regulator' has racist tendencies or racist members in its board and until that board is overturned this 'fun' activity might come up again. Arrest the roots of racism
Re: SA School Kids Asked To Make Slave Auction Posters for Project (PICS) by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:09am On Jun 11, 2020
Most times when I hear people nowadays mentioning racism like it is a new word. Hope you have read the slave trade about the killings rape and many abominable acts by the whites(British), Dutch, Spaniards, Portugese and the Arabians. Remember China was more advanced but never saw sailing all over the world. They didn't just come with their weapons and raided the continent, they traded. With who? Us. Shoes,gold,mirrors,clothing was more appreciable than life? Some went as far as selling their Chiefs, snitching to the whites about their people secrets, traded artifacts and many more, sold their siblings and parents. Come on Who are We? This same attitude is still there. The president will give you bags of grains, bikes, vehicles and petty things. You will still vote for that Individual because you want to gain. Some will go behind,arrange substandard goods and sell to their people ehn?
Leaders will steal money, take it abroad and keep it in Big banks and great countries.
This same countries will now loan it to you with added Interest ehn?
Nobody should speak about #BlackLivesMatter#. I doubt we do know this. Blacks are big hypocrites. Insult me for all I care but the truth is better#FaceYourCountry#You can't change history, Racism has been,will be and Continue to be in existence.
Re: SA School Kids Asked To Make Slave Auction Posters for Project (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This A Serious Or Crazy Student? (photo) / 15 Of The Most Venomous Creatures On Earth / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.