Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

Important Advice For New Nollywood Screenplay Writers - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Important Advice For New Nollywood Screenplay Writers (241 Views)

Portable Set To Be Featured In New Nollywood Movie In Asaba (video) / Old Nollywood Vs New Nollywood / LABOUR OF LOVE (part 3) - New Nollywood Nigerian Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Important Advice For New Nollywood Screenplay Writers by VcStunner(m): 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
Understand that this is an ongoing learning process and that there is no way of getting better except to keep writing continuously. In this short piece, I will share with you an experience I have had and a piece of advice I got from Larry Wilson. Shall we?

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION

This might sound crazy but the hell it is the craziest thing to do as a screenwriter. Why? well, except you are writing a novel or other kinds of books, then you can take a year thinking about your next line. But you see my friend, in this thing of ours, you have to learn to give your self deadlines and work really hard to meet them. That is the biggest inspiration a screenwriter ever gets says Larry Wilson. Oh well, Larry is a Hollywood guy. Let's talk about Nollywood a little. Producers here don't rate us that much because we are some low-budget hungry writers trying to eke out a living. That's their opinion, what's your opinion about your work... that leads me to my next point.

BE YOUR OWN BIGGEST SCRIPT CRITIC, ANALYST, AND READER.

The beauty of scriptwriting is that you are the creator of this imaginary reality! You have the liberty to alter it at will whenever you choose, and always remember this when writing. Say for instance in your plot twist "Larry is the brother to Mary or so you made us believe in Part One only to come in the second sequel and make Larry her father". Now go back to your story and ask your self if the twist is necessary? Did you add it because your story is closing and you are low on inspiration? If you feel it, we can feel it too. Pay attention to these and never let a low-life producer walk you out of their office because they did a job you could have done yourself.

DON'T EVER WRITE WITH BUDGET IN MIND, THE FILMMAKER WILL FIND A WAY.

Follow the link to read full article
https://vhfilm..com/2020/06/career-changing-screenwriting-advice.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Higher Coronavirus Mortality Rates For Black Americans And People Exposed To Air / Worthy Of My Praise Gospel Video / See Who And Who Was Happy To Act In The Bad Boys Franchise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.