Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Seadog Confraternity - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Seadog Confraternity (7770 Views)

On The Pyrates Confraternity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seadog Confraternity by hulala(m): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2007
Who knows anything about Seadog Confraternity ??
Re: Seadog Confraternity by Raymo(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2007
Take your time.
Re: Seadog Confraternity by grafikdon: 11:42pm On Jun 20, 2007
More like the Seafags Confrat. . .
Re: Seadog Confraternity by fromuk(m): 12:11am On Jun 21, 2007
ahoy identify
Re: Seadog Confraternity by grafikdon: 12:18am On Jun 21, 2007
Na wa for WAEC o so Naija students still stick their fingers in their ass and sniff? This thread should be closed. angry
Re: Seadog Confraternity by layemmy(m): 7:16am On Apr 11, 2008
In the early days of the University College of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria, higher education was a near exclusive preserve of children from wealthy homes. The product of this middle upbringing, scions of business tycoons and colonial aristocracy, brought into the University College all their notions of class privilege and indifference to the social realities of the nation.

The handful of students from poorer backgrounds either stuck doggedly to their books, looking forward to the day when the prize of an academic degree would compensate their present indignities, or strove assiduously to be admitted to the sophisticated circle of their flashier peers. Ashamed of their peasant or worker background, some played on the ignorance of their parents who made prodigious sacrifices to enable their children join the aristocratic sets, in appearance and acquisitions at least. So thoroughly did they absorb the habits and ethics of the class to which they desperately aspired that they, in effect, even outdid the "natural" elite of the university campus.

At this time, University College, Ibadan was affiliated with the University of London and was one of the two higher institutions of learning (in the real sense of the words) in Nigeria.

Not surprisingly, student clubs were a reflection of these ambitions; so also was the orientation of the Student' Representative Council, which often made demands on the rest of the Nigerian community as if it was a body of exotic strangers from outer space.

The 1950s also marked a heightening of the nationalist movement and the sad recourse to tribal alignments in the country. Quick as always to absorb the worst tendencies of many national movements, the University College, Ibadan, itself became a breeding ground for the worst kind of tribal thinking clubs, the Students' Representative Council, all forms of student activity, including sports, became mere expressions of tribal pettiness.
.culled from nas-int.org
Re: Seadog Confraternity by bluehorizo(m): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2008
Can someone pls LOCK AND DELETE THIS THREAD??
Re: Seadog Confraternity by ifylove505(f): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2008
Can someone please [b]LOCK AND DELETE THIS THREAD??

Y? It's all part of learning.If u don't want to contribute to it, fine and good,but dn't say what u just said.
Re: Seadog Confraternity by AkedeOba(m): 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2008
Seadog confraternity ? ??
How much kaikai have you drunk this morning sir . Seadog confraternity simply doesn't exist .
If you meant to say Pyrates confraternity you are probably not man enough to say that name. I am serious. wink
Re: Seadog Confraternity by layemmy(m): 9:28am On Apr 26, 2008
bluehorizo:

Can someone please LOCK AND DELETE THIS THREAD??

i kind of notice you wouldn't keep that gorilla like mouth far away from issues you have nothing to do with and it note worthy that in every pyrate forum you are always posting one junk or the other.wetin you dey look for sef but if you don't stop putting your mouth in issues that does not affect you let don't let my pray the gods of the high sea to strike you down oo i haven't said it so don't i allow me sat it
Re: Seadog Confraternity by selense(m): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2009
Ahoy! To all dogs, who no come no go know wetin happen. All those lubbers wey dey suregbe sey make we go dence, una neva go jojo b4? Una 4 no dey talk lawulawu. Make una luck una cavity, All dogs, we gat to promote our fraternity. Muchant!
Re: Seadog Confraternity by selense(m): 11:42am On Nov 17, 2009
Ahoy! To all dogs, who no come no go know wetin happen. All those lubbers wey dey suregbe sey make we go dence, una neva go jojo b4? Una 4 no dey talk lawulawu. Make una luck una cavity, All dogs, we gat to promote our fraternity. Muchant!
Re: Seadog Confraternity by ARmanx(m): 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2009
Awumen Rugged Alora Bucket! fo life
Re: Seadog Confraternity by Abagworo(m): 3:02am On Nov 18, 2009
na wa! no respect
Re: Seadog Confraternity by selense(m): 3:40am On Nov 25, 2009
Me'en, seems my fraternity is goin in2 extinction. Ahoy! Identify. Where are the dogs, is it true? No more ABC's just salted dogs remaining XYZ's. O! Boy, they won rilli make jungle mature. Muchant!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Language Too Different From Country To Country / Ghanaian Kente/kaba&sleete Vs Nigerian Gele/aso Oke / Brief History Of Ilesa And The Ijesa People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.