Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety (9970 Views)

Lagos police arrests gangsters, murderers & armed robbers / Ikorodu Robbers Bomb Their Operational Vehicles As They Escape (photo) / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by McCoy91(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2011
heavenly feeling:

This is very sad. This failed(?) night operation will encourage them to go for more day operation and ofcourse you that is death to bankers,customers,police,passersby etc. And these set of people are either your relatives or neighbors.
A govt.(country) that can not protect her citizens against both internal and external aggressions is a failed and an irresponsible govt. GEJ and other april 2011 election aspirants take note!
I think this is an unreasonable comment. There is no country in the world, no matter the development, popularity and effectiveness of the government that is devoid of heists or bank robberies. The blame should be on the bank for failing to have guards or be ok with them being AWOL. Btw, I am not a GEJ stan. Its annoying how every thread on nl these days has to be traced to tribal or political lines. .
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Mobinga: 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2011
Silly news. Sun news.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by justdtruth: 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2011
I laugh at some of the stories we read in the newspapers. Robbers attacked a bank with dynamite and other sophisticated weapons, operated for over 3 hrs without police intervention. The joke; someone was actually able to count them, give a description of how they grouped themselves and how the operation was done. If you have ever witnessed a situation like this in Nigeria before, you would definitely laugh at such stories.
Unfortunately, this is the same scenario you have with a lot of other stories in Nigeria. There is hardly any news out there that states exactly what happened. I would advise that we see this news as a means of knowing what is going on only but not as facts.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Nelson6(m): 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2011
thnk God no one was hurt even after all no efforts no money was stolen , . i applaud the bank for its effective security system, more banks ought to upgrade their security levels
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by totorimi: 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2011
Did I hear this thing happened in Lagos. Is Fashola still in charge, I cant believe it maybe it happened in the Ogun state axis not Lagos because since Fashola came to power, this type of unbriddled attack has not been recorded so I suspect it happened outside Lagos. The poster should be specific on which part of the divide the bank is located. I am sure it is in Ogun state where anything goes.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Idrico(m): 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2011
I stayed in ayobo and you won't believe that there are two police station so close to the bank.In 9ja only God is our security.The branch has resumed operations on Tuesday.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by hustla(m): 2:36pm On Jan 25, 2011
forensic ma @ss
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by SweetT1: 2:44pm On Jan 25, 2011
Does anybody know which bank this is??
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Carlosein(m): 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2011
What is the name of the bank or is this a secret which if told will hinder police investigations or the lack of it undecided undecided
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Parnassuss(m): 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2011
Bomb this, bomb that.
tufiakwa, soon idiots go dey use bomb brush teeth. Naija and our over-sabi!! angry angry
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Mobinga: 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2011
pple beliv dis? Smh.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by dacool1(m): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2011
Nigeria is becoming interesting. That is a sign of technical development. Good job but they need to work harder. Get powerful explosives

Police keep up the good work always getting to a crime scene after about 5hours, I'm not disappointed it is the usual routine in nigeria.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by audio: 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2011
Everything about this story is suspect. Unless there was an eye witness, where did the exact details of the story come from?
Even worse of course is that if it's true, armed robbers can mount a 3 hour operation with no resistance? I mean what's the point of even having a police force. It seems the the only thing there good for is mounting road blocks and killing civilians or becoming pawns for political power brokers.

Are Nigeria's problems actually fixable?
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 25, 2011
Maybe, the incident wasn't well reported by the Journalist, but, really, It did happen!! I went a visiting that day, and slept over in the area. Really, It was such a night of terror, But, thank God that no life was lost.

The bank's intercontinental,
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Carlosein(m): 4:12pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^i guessed it would be intercontinental. but why was it not mentioned in the report?

they had all the time to embellish the story but none to name the bank. na wa o.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by phantom23: 4:52pm On Jan 25, 2011
"When Saturday Sun visited the bank yesterday, two Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) were stationed at the bank. Also, there were police vans in the bank premises. "

When the robbers visited the bank, where were the Police officers stationed?
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2011
The robbers lost their investment on Dynamite and gun-hiring and bullets, mmmmmiiiiiaaaooowwww I laff in CatsCity Language !!!
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by philipinho: 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2011
I think I like these guys, they came when they know nobody's gonna get hurt, Good GAME PLAN but bad TACTICS, So I say: BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME,
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by philip0906(m): 5:26pm On Jan 25, 2011
philipinho:

I think I like these guys, they came when they know nobody's gonna get hurt, Good GAME PLAN but bad TACTICS, So I say: BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME,
shocked shocked
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by denny4ril: 5:41pm On Jan 25, 2011
FOOD FOR TOT: HOW WERE THEY COUNTED WHILE OTHERS WERE PANICKING? WHO GAVE THE NUMBERS AS 50?
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by ISAIDSO: 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2011
thank God no life was lost in all of this,but it really calls for concern bcus our general elections are just around d corner,and with the use of explosives here and there i just hope everything goes on well, chow.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2011
philipinho:

undecided undecided
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by spontane(m): 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2011
There is actually a ''Red Alert" on planned attacks on banks nationwide. Ecobank in Benin was also robbed last week and millions where carted away. This is outrageous!!!
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by McCoy91(m): 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2011
Mobinga:

pple beliv dis? Smh.
Why not, na? Because its The Sun? Lol
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by renewnaija(m): 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2011
hustla:

forensic ma @ss
Dude you just read my mind.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by dkings101(m): 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2011
The bank in question is Intercontinental Bank and the bank is so close to Ayobo Police station which is just 100 steps by walk away from the bank. Imagine, they robbed for 3 hrs, where r the police? Is it not same police that shot at random and hit a child with the bullet stocked in the child's head which fashola help with the operation? They only knw hw to bully ordinary citizen but can't face robbers with their arms and ammunition. I guess the other end the robbers stationed themselves was facing the police station and there were so intimidated to face them.

I heard they made away with cash and no Bank manager would want to confess or disclose that they made away with cash or else their customer would come to withdraw their monies the following day.
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by no1madman(m): 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2011
u4nbl:

i think police shud be ashamed of themselves.
Dem go police academy just 2 learn how 2 hide. . .

D Robbers no try. . .dem 4 uproot and carry d building. . .
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by mamagee3(f): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2011
What the heck is this?
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by otoidea(m): 12:19am On Jan 26, 2011
haba! 50!!!!!! lmao, na army? n sum1 was prolly sitting by his window counting, undecided #okbye
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by uyiscott: 4:49am On Jan 26, 2011
na so politician come turn dis country to war zone sad rubbers should go 4 them
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by marcus1234: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2011
Re: Robbers Bomb Bank With Dynamite In Lagos: Police Is Worried About Their Safety by MOORCHMOORE(m): 10:26am On Jan 26, 2011
I knew that a day will come when guns would be replaced with explosives. We are getting there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Think This White People Love You (check Pic) / Taiwo Oyekanmi: Ogun Govt. Places 50 Million Bounty On Director's Killers / See What A Wicked Dad Did To His Female Baby(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.