Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences (1049 Views)

EFCC Officials Caught Slapping ABU Students At A Private Hostel / FUTO Gives N1,000 Each To Best Graduating Students At The Convocation / The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Joskiro50: 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
I'm a medical student of one of the North-Central Universities. Barely 3 weeks into the new semester, then came ASUU strike, followed by the lockdown.

Initially, I saw this as an opportunity to study and study and study. But as time went by, the student in me began to wither. Every effort to awaken my study zeal has proven abortive.

The stories from my immediate senior colleagues are quite different. They seem to be really studying hard. I'm not surprised because they have their second Professional Exam (MBBS) by the corner.

And judging by the way some of my coursemates pour "stuff" on the group chat, I'm convinced that most of them are also utilizing this break in studying. Meanwhile, I've been consoling myself that I'd still get to study when school finally resumes. I'm busy with other things most of the time.

So nairalanders, what are your experiences as regards studying at home?

1 Like

Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Bapy(m): 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
Joskiro50:
I'm a medical student of one of the North-Central Universities. Barely 3 weeks into the new semester, then came ASUU strike, followed by the lockdown.

Initially, I saw this as an opportunity to study and study and study. But as time went by, the student in me began to wither. Every effort to awaken my study zeal has proven abortive.

The stories from my immediate senior colleagues are quite different. They seem to be really studying hard. I'm not surprised because they have their second Professional Exam (MBBS) by the corner.

And judging by the way some of my coursemates pour "stuff" on the group chat, I'm convinced that most of them are also utilizing this break in studying. Meanwhile, I've been consoling myself that I'd still get to study when school finally resumes. I'm busy with other things most of the time.

Student of Unijos?
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Joskiro50: 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
Bapy:
Student of Unijos?

Yes. shocked
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Bapy(m): 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
Joskiro50:

Yes. shocked
lol I knew,well I'm a pharmacy student.
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Bapy(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Joskiro50:

Studying hasn't been easy at all most times I do think that I've the whole time to myself and it makes me feel reluctant sometimes but thanks to some of my colleagues that created a group on WhatsApp named "Reading is by force" lol funny right?And it's really working out to some extend.
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
The student in me is dead already
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by iceboy4752(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
It's really difficult. I get bored whenever I open my book.
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by fwzolamide1(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
I'm not interested in reading again. I only focused on how to earn money.
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by AnyaoguW6(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2020
As you share your experiences you can still win Recharge cards at BEVERLY FOUNDATION pandemic quiz program tonight by 9pm on INSTAGRAM @beverlyfoundation.... Be part of this program and get your free recharge card.
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Uyi168: 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2020
Me nor gree see my bag again sef...
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Mr2kul(m): 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Studying at home has not been easy for me. I always get tired and bored whenever i try to open my books (Knowing very well that i will continue with exams on resumption). The spirit is always willing but the body is too weak and lazy to take action.
I'm just using the time to learn 2 softwares related to my field.
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by paulolee(m): 8:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
study wating?? currently in town which is a long kilometers from my school and thats where my book is ..dnt kno if rats go don use am forcast of feed based on say things dry and the worst is that exam is supposed to start b4 the covid break...abeg mk them leave school till next 3 years..by then that my wicked old professor dt said i would never pass his course go don retire..
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by jpawjpaw(m): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
I feel very lazy whenever I want to read, but sometimes the spirit used to come, but mostly on MTH courses and computer programming.
God pls help us.
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Joskiro50: 11:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
Bapy:
lol I knew,well I'm a pharmacy student.

Oh, alright sir smiley

1 Like

Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by LordIsaac(m): 12:04am On Jun 13, 2020
I'm trying to know my course very well in order to compete favorably. Unijos..
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2020
Reading/studying is out of it I'm focused on how to earn money, although i heard tertiary institutions is resuming on 20th june.
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Donhaywhy001(m): 7:12am On Jun 13, 2020
Mtcheww.... Book wey no even enter head
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 13, 2020
RAGGA40:
Reading/studying is out of it I'm focused on how to earn money, although i heard tertiary institutions is resuming on 20th june.

I'm using this period to make money also
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by yusman14(m): 8:31am On Jun 13, 2020
I am still reading but it is not easy to read at home..a lot of distractions and many disturbance..

Please help a brother ...how are you making money during this period??
I am just idle currently...can anybody introduce me to what he/she is doing to make money...

I really want to work... please I need advice..
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by yusman14(m): 8:32am On Jun 13, 2020
Felix180:

I'm using this period to make money also
What are you into bro??
Can we chat on WhatsApp?
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Joskiro50: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
LordIsaac:
I'm trying to know my course very well in order to compete favorably. Unijos..

Course of study?
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by LordIsaac(m): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
Joskiro50:

Course of study?
Criminology
Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by coolxpaul(m): 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2020
Joskiro50:

Well,I don't know what level you are. If you were in 200L,I'd given you basic advice on how to get along with the Preclinical courses,a little dose of deceit to your mind,and you might be jacking your Gross for the whole night. If however you're in 100L well,I'd say you start with the very simple stuffs. Look at all you've got to study,look at how much you've studied, knowing what you have left,you can then set a minimum target for each day. I don't expect you to meet up with the target each day,but you have to make the effort to do something out of it daily. Just a little more effort,and the studying will come along. And don't forget, you're in medical school to become a doctor,to save lives in and out of season,whether there's strike or not,so you ought to study in and out of season. Study not just because of your exams,but study because someday,the life of that patient would be in your hands

5 Likes

Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Joskiro50: 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
LordIsaac:

Criminology

Okay. All the best bro

1 Like

Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by Joskiro50: 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
coolxpaul:

Well,I don't know what level you are. If you were in 200L,I'd given you basic advice on how to get along with the Preclinical courses,a little dose of deceit to your mind,and you might be jacking your Gross for the whole night. If however you're in 100L well,I'd say you start with the very simple stuffs. Look at all you've got to study,look at how much you've studied, knowing what you have left,you can then set a minimum target for each day. I don't expect you to meet up with the target each day,but you have to make the effort to do something out of it daily. Just a little more effort,and the studying will come along. And don't forget, you're in medical school to become a doctor,to save lives in and out of season,whether there's strike or not,so you ought to study in and out of season. Study not just because of your exams,but study because someday,the life of that patient would be in your hands

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Students At Home, Have You Been Studying? Come And Share Your Experiences by LordIsaac(m): 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
Joskiro50:

Okay. All the best bro
Thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2021/2022 Registration Form: Starting, Closing & Exam Date (guidelines) / Please Help Solve This And I Will Send Airtime Please / Dr. Dax Alabo George-kelly FNIQS, Gifts Rivers State Students A Sienna Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.