Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) (5967 Views)

Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected / Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users / Nigeria Remains Africa’s Largest Smartphone Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
when ever one enters a phone store to buy a phone all you hear from the marketers are “this one has 4gb ram, this one has 6gb ram” “it comes with 48/64mp camera bla bla bal”

I use iphone 7+ with just 3gb ram with 12mp dual camera and i can tell you handly do i find any lag while multitasking and the photos you get from the so called 64mp cameras are no where near the quality from 7+ 12mp camera.. So why the deceit with those values?

Even my neighbour that uses iphone 6s with just 2gb of ram and single 12mp cam takes quality pictures and handles most tasks he wants, even plays pubg on Hd graphics and high frame rate, yet hardly will you see an android device of 3gb/4gb ram without lag while multitasking or able to play main pubg mobile not to talk of playing on high frame rate.

You see an android device of 4gb ram reading 3.5gb/4gb just with using youtube, facebook, whatsapp and messenger app alone.

When apple produces a mobile phone, they don’t lay sooo much emphasis on the ram or megapixels like other mobile companies do, cos users know that no matter how small the ram or pixels are, they still get maximum performance from it. Even the recently released iphone 11pro max comes with just 4gb ram and tripple 12mp but still yet the even the so called 108mp quad camera &12gb ram phone pictures are no where near the quality of 11 pro max not to talk of multitasking

My question is why do mobile phone companies keep deceiving users with high numbers of rams and mega pixels when actually the maximum output/ quality of those devices don’t depend on large sum of numbers but the ability of the gadget to make maximum output with the little ram or pixels, why can’t most mobile companies produce phones with good ram and pixel management like apple does rather than increasing ram capacity which won’t still make a maximum performance output

my opinion tho

18 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Denovan: 6:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
elvischukie:
when ever one enters a phone store to buy a phone all you hear from the marketers are “this one has 4gb ram, this one has 6gb ram” “it comes with 48/64mp camera bla bla bal”

I use iphone 7+ with just 3gb ram with 12mp dual camera and i can tell you handly do i find any lag while multitasking and the photos you get from the so called 64mp cameras are no where near the quality from 7+ 12mp camera.. So why the deceit with those values?

Even my neighbour that uses iphone 6s with just 2gb of ram and single 12mp cam takes quality pictures and handles most tasks he wants, even plays pubg on Hd graphics and high frame rate, yet hardly will you see an android device of 3gb/4gb ram without lag while multitasking or able to play main pubg mobile not to talk of playing on high frame rate.

You see an android device of 4gb ram reading 3.5gb/4gb just with using youtube, facebook, whatsapp and messenger app alone.

When apple produces a mobile phone, they don’t lay sooo much emphasis on the ram or megapixels like other mobile companies do, cos users know that no matter how small the ram or pixels are, they still get maximum performance from it. Even the recently released iphone 11pro max comes with just 4gb ram and tripple 12mp but still yet the even the so called 108mp quad camera &12gb ram phone pictures are no where near the quality of 11 pro max not to talk of multitasking

My question is why do mobile phone companies keep deceiving users with high numbers of rams and mega pixels when actually the maximum output/ quality of those devices don’t depend on large sum of numbers but the ability of the gadget to make maximum output with the little ram or pixels, why can’t most mobile companies produce phones with good ram and pixel management like apple does rather than increasing ram capacity which won’t still make a maximum performance output

my opinion tho
It all boils down to software
Apple- Restriction
Android- Freedom
Apple makes their own chips so they can customize every line of code to thier own suit and the produce few phones which are flagships, unlike Android which have a large user base(flagships, mid-range, entry level) which uses snapdragon and mtk, so they won't really care to optimize it like apple, except thier flagships.

Huawei is trying with thier Kirin chipset, their Emui is smooth af.

Even Google is trying to make thier custom chips by partnering with Samsung, because of this very issue.

Also I heard oppo have started planning to make thier own chips and are currently recruiting mtk, tsmc staffs.

When all these are achieved Android phones might even surpass iPhones in performance.

With amd currently entering the smartphone chipset market. Performance competition will be very high

23 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by chariisGRACE(m): 6:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
...Take! this mansion belongs to you, but you are not permitted to go outside the house. (iOS)

...Take! this mansion belongs to you. you can do anything you wish to do with it. BUT BE MINDFUL OF WHERE YOU GO. (Android)

...Not underestimating the power of IOS but Android or nothing. cool

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
Denovan:

It all boils down to software
Apple- Restriction
Android- Freedom
Apple makes their own chips so they can customize every line of code to thier own suit and the produce few phones which are flagships, unlike Android which have a large user base(flagships, mid-range, entry level) which uses snapdragon and mtk, so they won't really care to optimize it like apple, except thier flagships.

Huawei is trying with thier Kirin chipset, their Emui is smooth af.

Even Google is trying to make thier custom chips by partnering with Samsung, because of this very issue.

Also I heard oppo have started planning to make thier own chips and are currently recruiting mtk, tsmc staffs.

When all these are achieved Android phones might even surpass iPhones in performance.

With amd currently entering the smartphone chipset market. Performance competition will be very high

seriously an improvement needs to be done
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
chariisGRACE:
...Take! this mansion belongs to you, but you are not permitted to go outside the house. (iOS)

...Take! this mansion belongs to you. you can do anything you wish to do with it. BUT BE MINDFUL OF WHERE YOU GO. (Android)

android needs to work on their performance
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Idiotmod: 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Android AppStore is shit

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
Idiotmod:
Android AppStore is shit

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by chariisGRACE(m): 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
elvischukie:

android needs to work on their performance

The poster above said that already.
Android is an OPEN PRIMARY SCHOOL FIELD WITHOUT FENCE AROUND IT.

IOS IS A STADIUM. (Restriction) which means they regulate the inflow of people (apps) so that it doesn't exceed the required number which may in turn slow down the device.

Apple owns iOS and only Apple builds their phones.

Google owns Android but not only Google produce Android phones.

18 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
chariisGRACE:

The poster above said that already.
Android is an OPEN PRIMARY SCHOOL FIELD WITHOUT FENCE AROUND IT.

IOS IS A STADIUM. (Restriction) which means they regulate the inflow of people (apps) so that it doesn't exceed the required number which may in turn slow down the device.

Apple owns iOS and only Apple builds their phones.

Google owns Android but not only Google produce Android phones.

yea i grab
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Baddestguyp(m): 8:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
elvischukie:

my opinion tho
you know nothing about phones tho...not because you said iPhones are the best...which is a matter of opinion...but because of everything you typed underneath...

I'm just telling you facts tho...

14 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Flytime: 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
elvischukie:

my opinion tho
I agree with you except the part of the 108mp thing,I having handled the Samsung s20 and the 108mp camera is better than that of the camera used iPhone 11 series not sure of xiaomi's own.Although since apple uses a way smaller mp you'll except a way better result but that's not true it's only a little better,it's work is mostly when pictures are zoomed.

Google pixel also use low mp count and produce quality photos the best in mobile photography, people are even porting their cameras for other devices.Apple and Google depend on the software and they both have a upper hand in this because they both own the mobile os unlike other devices which run on separate skins,not that they can't also do better in the software aspect but because they are lazy.

The reason most use higher megapixels count is because of competition,you see if someone who is neutral in the mobile industry goes to a store and hears a device has 12mp and another has 64mp for the same price they tend to pick the one with 64mp even if the former produces better images that's why they can't stop increasing the numbers.That strategy is what tecno used in their camon 15 with 64mp even though devices with lower counts produces way better results.

Google's pixel is still the smoothest because it owns the operating system,followed by emui devices powered with Kirin processors because they own the chip so they could use it to their advantage others just use what they get except Samsung whose chip is a failure.

Snapdragon offers the best performance in the Android market and they capitalize on that making their chips expensive thus making phone price increase which brands know will affect their sales,that why new mobile Chip producing companies are springing up,if Google make a good chipset their devices could be almost as smooth as iOS devices.
Ram management also depends on the brand some do it well while some do it badly just compare with the right phone and you'll see.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Flytime: 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
Flytime:
I agree with you except the part of the 108mp thing,I having handled the Samsung s20 feel the 108mp camera is better than that of the camera used iPhone 11 series not sure of xiaomi's own.Although since the apple uses a way smaller mp you'll except a way better result but that's not true it's only a little better it's work is mostly when pictures are zoomed.
Google pixel also use low mp count and produce quality photos the best in mobile photography, people are even porting there cameras for other devices.Apple and Google depend on the software and they both have a upper hand in this because they both own the mobile os unlike other devices which run on separate skins,not that they can't also do better in the software aspect but because they are lazy.

The reason most use higher megapixels count is because of competition,you see if someone who is neutral in the mobile industry goes to a store and hears a device has 12mp and another has 64mp for the same price they tend to pick the one with 64mp even if the former produces better images that's why they can't stop increasing the numbers.That strategy is what tecno uses in there camon 15 with 64mp even though devices with lower counts produces way better results.

Google's pixel is still the smoothest because it owns the operating system,followed by emui devices powered with Kirin processors because they own the chip so they could use it to their advantage others just use what they get except Samsung whose chip is a failure.

Snapdragon offers the best performance in the market and they capitalize on that making their chips expensive thus making phone price increase which brands know will affect their sales,that why new mobile Chip producing companies are springing up,if Google good make a good chipset there devices will be almost as smooth as iOS devices.

don’t agree on the part of s20, as at today no mobile phone takes better pictures than 11pro max and it has has the fastest Chip, A13 bionic is top notch...

i agree with the rest
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
Baddestguyp:
you know nothing about phones tho...not because you said iPhones are the best...which is a matter of opinion...but because of everything you typed underneath...

Are you a brand marketer? because you would have pointed out where i said trash.. The truth is always bitter

4 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by khingTony(m): 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
elvischukie:

don’t agree on the part of s20, as at today no mobile phone takes better pictures than 11pro max and it has has the fastest Chip, A13 bionic is top notch...

i agree with the rest

grin
I'll really like it if you don't say something you have less than no idea about

in terms of photos, the Galaxy S20 Ultra outperforms the IPhone 11 pro max, by far, ranging from normal daytime photos to low light photos, pictures on the Galaxy S20 Ultra are sharper, more saturated, punchier, and have more contrast than pictures on the IPhone 11 pro/pro max (if you don't agree, go to YouTube, watch camera comparisons and get enlightened )

the faults of the Galaxy S20 Ultra is its Large sensor size which gives it an unnatural bokeh with closeup subjects(making it look as if it was shot on portrait mode), and its autofocus issues. The Huawei P40 pro is even better than the IPhone 11 pro max when it comes to photos.

And about the issue of the A13 bionic, you should note that Apple iPhones run on a totally different Operating system, and it's no news that apps are more optimized on iOS(they take relatively little memory to run) , therefore making it easier for the A13 bionic to handle them swiftly and smoothly, I assure you, If you place an A13 bionic chipset into an android phone, It will struggle to live up to expectations.

10 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by sajmark(m): 10:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
elvischukie:

Even the recently released iphone 11pro max comes with just 4gb ram and tripple 12mp but still yet the even the so called 108mp quad camera &12gb ram phone pictures are no where near the quality of 11 pro max not to talk of multitasking
bro you are saying the truth, but be guided that iPhones produce flagships and premium devices and shouldn't be compared with budget entry Android phones. iPhone is way better no doubt but you claim that no android phone with 12gb ram comes close to the iPhone 11pro max in terms of multitasking which isn't 100% accurate as the OnePlus 8pro outperforms the iPhone in a speed and ram management test.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by sajmark(m): 10:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
here is the almighty iPhone 11pro max as it fails to keep an app running in the background which the android did by the way. the point I'm trying to make is; Androids (flagship) are not far behind iPhones as the op speculates.

7 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by osamz007: 10:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
WETIN I LIKE IPHONE FOR NA THE CAMERA.

THAT CAMERA AND SUN DEY DO WONDERS

5 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by talut(m): 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
I keep on telling people, anyone saying iPhone 11 pro max is better than s20 Ultra or Huawei p40 pro plus by far or whichever phone you claim is better (by far) is just saying trash. all three phones take really good pictures to the extent that it all boils down to choice(most times color temps is what's really different). Huawei p40 pro outclasses the other two by far in night shots though and it's worth mentioning iPhone 11 pro records better video because of the flawless ois system as well as superior mics (you can argue that this is s20 but I believe it's goes to the iPhone because of the the better audio recorded) and if you've watched reviews enough, its so simple to come down to this conclusion.. it's not until the pictures are really sure by side and you start having some critical looks to try to spot difference among the three of them you start seeing difference. the two androids mentioned above have the advantage of the crazy zoom capabilities. and I'm not referring to the half baked 100x zoom of the s20, let's just cap it at 50x optical zoom provided via the telephoto lenses present on both phones
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
khingTony:

grin
I'll really like it if you don't say something you have less than no idea about

in terms of photos, the Galaxy S20 Ultra outperforms the IPhone 11 pro max, by far, ranging from normal daytime photos to low light photos, pictures on the Galaxy S20 Ultra are sharper, more saturated, punchier, and have more contrast than pictures on the IPhone 11 pro/pro max (if you don't agree, go to YouTube, watch camera comparisons and get enlightened )

the faults of the Galaxy S20 Ultra is its Large sensor size which gives it an unnatural bokeh with closeup subjects(making it look as if it was shot on portrait mode), and its autofocus issues. The Huawei P40 pro is even better than the IPhone 11 pro max when it comes to photos.

And about the issue of the A13 bionic, you should note that Apple iPhones run on a totally different Operating system, and it's no news that apps are more optimized on iOS(they take relatively little memory to run) , therefore making it easier for the A13 bionic to handle them swiftly and smoothly, I assure you, If you place an A13 bionic chipset into an android phone, It will struggle to live up to expectations.

what’s the need of building app that will overwhelm a system thereby causing more increment in ram with subsequent phones when they can actually optimise ram management which is the lacking key in androids

a lecturer of mine uses s20 ultra and i can tell it it makes quality photos with that high mp but 11pro max still stands out, where ever you are and see a picture shot on 11pro max, you don’t need anyone to tell you that that’s an iphone picture based on the quality you see, its potrait mode remains top notch ... Such is what we expend From the so called android flagships

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
osamz007:
WETIN I LIKE IPHONE FOR NA THE CAMERA.

THAT CAMERA AND SUN DEY DO WONDERS

unspeakable wonders.. just catch the sun, lol
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
sajmark:
here is the almighty iPhone 11pro max as it fails to keep an app running in the background which the android did by the way. the point I'm trying to make is; Androids (flagship) are not far behind iPhones as the op speculates.

you are just comparing with a phone of 4gb ram, what do you think will happen when apple produces phones of of 6/8gb ram.. unthinkable things i guess, they haven’t cos there is no call for it now, their 4gb does better job than the so called 6/8 gb android rams.

i still maintain my stand, ios makes the best out of the little the put it, not by high numbers, optimisation is the key which most android devices lack. simple

2 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Baddestguyp(m): 11:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
elvischukie:

Are you a brand marketer? because you would have pointed out where i said trash.. The truth is always bitter
no I'm not a brand marketer but you kept mentioning ram and camera megapixels...and that's the fastest way to know someone who knows absolutely nothing about phones...
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 13, 2020
Baddestguyp:
no I'm not a brand marketer but you kept mentioning ram and camera megapixels...and that's the fastest way to know someone who knows absolutely nothing about phones...

so mr know it all, lets see how much you know about phones, does High megapixels equal better pictures?
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by teamsynergy: 1:13am On Jun 13, 2020
elvischukie:

i agree with the rest

Not true.. you should handled Huawei P40pro or watch comparison review on YouTube .... Android flagships devices do all the things you listed above perfectly and the bigger ram has be cos Android is an open market and many softwares are on the platform unlike iOS that is strictly controlled by apple. Google pixel devices are well managed and the Os and overall performance is top notch cos google owns the device and the os. If you want to compare iPhone with Android , to be fair, only compare it with flagships from reputable companies. You will realise the difference is hardly noticeable this days

You need to see P40pro camera perform wonders in total darkness .
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 2:13am On Jun 13, 2020
chariisGRACE:

can you explain what you mean by this mansion is yours but not permitted to go outside the house aside not being able to download songs and videos on iPhones from websites what other boundary is there ?
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 3:11am On Jun 13, 2020
Once I saw the difference between android emojis and iPhone and how you can embarrass yourself on instagram with those ugly fonts and emojis... I never looked back grin

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Denovan: 3:44am On Jun 13, 2020
elvischukie:

i agree with the rest
Huawei p40 pro plus beats iPhone 11 pro max, in photography. When it comes to photography give it to Huawei. They are also the best in night mode or low light photography because they use ryyb lens. iPhone 11 pro max beats it in videography

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Denovan: 3:46am On Jun 13, 2020
teamsynergy:

Not true.. you should handled Huawei P40pro or watch comparison review on YouTube .... Android flagships devices do all the things you listed above perfectly and the bigger ram has be cos Android is an open market and many softwares are on the platform unlike iOS that is strictly controlled by apple. Google pixel devices are well managed and the Os and overall performance is top notch cos google owns the device and the os. If you want to compare iPhone with Android , to be fair, only compare it with flagships from reputable companies. You will realise the difference is hardly noticeable this days

You need to see P40pro camera perform wonders in total darkness .
leave am, when it comes to photography Huawei beats iPhone hands down.
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Denovan: 3:49am On Jun 13, 2020
mind you Nubia red magic 5g is the fastest phone in the world with 144hz refresh rate.
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Sweetgoodie(f): 4:04am On Jun 13, 2020
Baddestguyp:

you said it all bro
I'm a tech expert and has virtually handled all the latest flagship of popular phones
Trust me iPhone should not even be in top 2 phone manufacturing.

These people are taking their users back to stone age and introducing a technology that has been used by android tey tey

shey no be the same iPhone that dumped their Almighty retina ips display for oled?
nooo they should have sticked with it if they where as fantastic as people hype them
at the other hand Samsung users have been flexing amoled right from galaxy s1
and the list goes on
people do compare ram size of iPhones and android when even windows mobiles 1gb ram run smoother
so if android os requires more ram numbers to get required smoothness nothing there.
see iPhone are just overhyped and technologically they're behind Samsung let me not talk about user friendly.

verdict if you place a latest iPhone and a latest Samsung for me to choose, I'll choose iPhone, sell it buy latest Samsung use the change to flex my weekend cool

8 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Sweetgoodie(f): 4:06am On Jun 13, 2020
sajmark:
God bless you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mediatek MT6795 Smokes Snapdragon810 In Geekbench 3.0, Closes In Onexynos 7420 / Who Else Received This From Glo? All Of U Tweaking Diarisgod! / Wow!!! The New Samsung Galaxy A41 Is Water/dust Resistant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.