Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) (4769 Views)

Ugandan Men Faces Jail Term For Selling Roasted Grasshoppers In Airplane / Armed Robber Burnt For Robbing, Killing A Lady In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Indian Man's Reason For Killing A Policeman Goes Viral, Sparks Online Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:28am On Jun 13, 2020
Four men have been arrested in connection with the death of one of the world's most popular gorillas.

Silverback gorilla Rafiki, which translates as 'friend' in English, was killed in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda, after going missing on June 1. 

After a search party was sent to find him, his body was discovered the following day stabbed by what appeared to be a spear. 

The 25-year-old male was the leader of a group of 17 endangered mountain gorillas, called Nkuringo, consisting of three other adult males, eight females, two juveniles and three infants. 

They live at the UNESCO world heritage site near Uganda's border with the Democratic Republic of Congo and are used to human contact. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8415333/Popular-25-year-old-Ugandan-gorilla-killed-UNESCO-park.html

5 Likes

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Explorers(m): 7:28am On Jun 13, 2020
The arrests followed investigation of Rafiki's death 'after a postmortem report revealed that the Silverback sustained an injury by a sharp device/object that penetrated its left upper part of the abdomen up to the internal organs'. 

One of the detained men, Byamykama Felix, of Murole villa, Kisoro District, had been found in possession of wild hog meat, rope and wire snares and spears, the statement said.

The man 'confessed to killing the gorilla in self-defence,' the statement said, adding he said it charged at him while he and a colleague, Bampabenda Evarist, were hunting in the park.

If they are convicted of killing the much-loved animal under a wildlife protection law, which was passed last year, they could face life imprisonment or fines of up to £4.3million.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 13, 2020
angry

1 Like

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by illicit(m): 7:38am On Jun 13, 2020
Wow.
What a semblance

2 Likes

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by heniford2: 7:44am On Jun 13, 2020
nawa oh

1 Like

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Simplyleo: 7:47am On Jun 13, 2020
1. Any human that eats gorilla, monkey, baboon or any other member of the ape family is a cannibal.

2. I understand monkeys are very good delicacies in the barren land.

3. Therefore, dwellers of the barren land are cannibals.

This is called syllogism.

9 Likes

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2020
Killing their brother.

2 Likes

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by ValCon888: 7:52am On Jun 13, 2020
A protected Gorilla living in a world heritage site.

That Gorilla must have been earning the country millions of dollars in tourist revenue but the illiterate olodo only saw the animal as meat.

Below is a rhino with 24hrs protection because local man cannot be trusted.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Philistine(m): 7:52am On Jun 13, 2020
RIP! Handsome Gorilla

2 Likes

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Professorcplus(m): 7:55am On Jun 13, 2020
Moral lesson: Be careful of the animal you kill. God no go make us kill animal wey go carry us go kirikiri.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by dfrost: 7:57am On Jun 13, 2020
angry

Are this guys dumb or what? Poaching gone wrong.
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by mcemmy0z: 7:58am On Jun 13, 2020
Hunger bad
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 13, 2020
angry

So after explaining he killed it in defence they still want to sentence him? would it have been better if the gorilla had killed the man? How some countries reason baffles me at times.

How can you place animals above humans? So preposterous. They should free them with immediate alacrity. And try to control their wild life from wandering out of its boundaries.

1 Like

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Mayng01(m): 8:23am On Jun 13, 2020
Africa!
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Explorers(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2020
Eulalia:
angry

So after explaining he killed it in defence they still want to sentence him? would it have been better if the gorilla had killed the man? How some countries reason baffles me at times.

What if he's lying?
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Ningen(m): 8:31am On Jun 13, 2020
Eulalia:
angry

How can you place animals above humans? So preposterous. They should free them with immediate alacrity. And try to control their wild life from wandering out of its boundaries.

Killed it in self defence??

Running away is also a form of ‘self defence’.

The gorilla was killed in the park. Not outside.

8 Likes

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2020
Explorers:

What if he's lying?

He can't possibly be lying judging by the beastly and dangerous look of that animal which is very menacing. And its not as if they were caught eating it or something. So??

This animals should be left in the wild where they belong cos I believe conserving them in an enclosed place makes them more ferocious because its not their natural habitat and would get at anything to get out of that cage therefore posing a danger to humans. its really not advisable to have them around, when they are not pets.

2 Likes

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by pyyxxaro: 9:24am On Jun 13, 2020
If naa naija, there for don use am cook better pot of Egusi and banga soup
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 13, 2020
Eulalia:
angry

the spear, snare, meat etc found in his possession is more intimidating

na people like you kill dog anyhow

3 Likes

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 13, 2020
HadeedHarry:

the spear, snare, meat etc found in his possession is more intimidating

na people like you kill dog anyhow

Huh?
What are you saying?
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by luminouz(m): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2020
Well deserved
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by luminouz(m): 9:45am On Jun 13, 2020
Eulalia:

He can't possibly be lying judging by the beastly and dangerous look of that animal which is very menacing. And its not as if they were caught eating it or something. So??

This animals should be left in the wild where they belong cos I believe conserving them in an enclosed place makes them more ferocious because its not their natural habitat and would get at anything to get out of that cage therefore posing a danger to humans. its really not advisable to have them around, when they are not pets.

You are wrong...leaving them in the wild would have made them extinct. The gorilla was in its habitat,a world heritage site,so the poachers were trespassing and that alone is an offence. Killing the gorilla just made it worse.

Visit a zoo sometime and realize the good humans do these animals. Without such protection,lions,elephants and such would have been long extinct.

7 Likes

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Josnac(m): 10:39am On Jun 13, 2020
ValCon888:

That Gorilla must have been earning the country millions of dollars in tourist revenue but the illiterate olodo only saw the animal as meat.

Biko Bros, is this photo real?
If yes what park/zoo/wildlife reserve is that?
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by TheFacelessMan: 10:46am On Jun 13, 2020
This is so sad... I remember

TheFacelessMan:
angry

Once upon a time i was a zookeeper in San Diego.

I was whistling to myself, " i am the king of the jungle, lord of the rings" at the top of my voice as i went to feed the chimpanzees in Cage 7. The parrots had joined in, providing a chorus.

Suddenly, i noticed that i was the only one singing.

Every animal had turned silent , you could almost hear a pin drop ! It seemed even the air had paused blowing

I slowwwwwwllllyyyyyyy turned back shocked, fearful of what i would see... cry cry cry

I had forgotten to lock Cage 9, Kumbaya's cage! undecided shocked

Kumbaya was a giant silverback gorilla at least 400 pounds in weight and 7 feet tall.

He had slowly opened the latch of his cage and he was with me in the corridor, 10 steps from me.... all his sharp pointy teeth on display shocked

The ground trembled and shook as he sprang towards me.... i was transfixed to the spot, 5 seconds and i would die..... cry undecided

3 seconds..... he was upon me and his 2 huge palms landed on my shoulders...... preparing to tear my throat outshocked shocked

I couldn't bear to look, i closed my eyes.

I could smell his fetid, stinking breath as he opened his jaws..... i silently said my last prayers, soon to rest in peace or pieces ? cry cry cry

And...........and.......

I felt something liquid and hot on my face. BLOOD?! embarassed My belly was already jelly!

Trembling like a leaf, collapsing under his weight, i still couldn't open eyes... i just peeked through eyelashes..

Kumbaya was licking my face in appreciation for the song i was singing!!!! shocked shocked shocked

To be continued..... tongue

Culled from "The Memoirs of The Faceless Man" cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by FlordFlorez(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2020
Some people no dey read details sha, dem don conclude say na chop e wan chop am. It was stated that they did for self defence. But 4.3M? The said gorilla must sure be generating much more for them.
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by punisha: 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
Which of them is d ape Abi na gorilla?
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Simplyleo: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
ValCon888:

Pls come again.

24 hrs armed protection for a rhinoceros? For what? angry
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Greatzeus(m): 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
Animal protection,that's good. You don't have the right to hunt or kill an animal that you didn't rear yourself. Jail term will serve as a deterrent to others.
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Gabapentin: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
This is so sad... I remember

I used to be a fan of this guy and his stories

then I saw his posts expressing denigrating tribal sentiments, often against people of igbo descent

at that point it became obvious he was just another ethnic bigot with an overactive imagination and attention seeking behaviour

such people litter this forum, spouting their filthy vitriol and slinging dung like the primitive creatures they are

nothing special about them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Passionate888: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
Them want palliative too
Re: Four Men Faces Life Imprisonment For Killing A Popular Gorilla In Uganda(Pics) by Prodigee: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2020
If truly those niggurs killed that gorilla for game or meat, they should be released in to the forest and hunted same way. Morafuckas!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In 1year:lagos Records 246 Murder, 486 Armed Robbery Cases / Female Robbers Flogged, Stripped Na*ked In Abuja (graphic Photos ) / Video: Lady Removes Boobs Of Boyfriend's Side Chick For Using It To Attract Bf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.