Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? (728 Views)

It's A Man That Will Pay For It. Stop Exposing It - Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / Lockdown Could Lead To 7 Million Unintended Pregnancies - UN / After 4 Pregnancies, 3 Miscarriages, 2 IVF, 5 Years Of Waiting, This Boy Arrives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by libby01(f): 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
Now, it’s no secret that most Naija women “hide” their pregnancies.

This is an irony of a sort because you really can’t hide something that is protruding and stretching your cloth out for the world to see, can you? So how they “hide” it is by announcing to a few family members and friends and employers as situation demands. Why? Because there is the notion that announcing your own pregnancy with your own mouth especially on social media may draw evil attention your way and consequently harm the unborn child.

So you know someone and most times do not know they were pregnant and the next thing you see on social media is, “I survived the labour room!” “My blue/pink plane has landed!” etc announcing the birth of the baby.

Now, let us come together and reason this matter: if announcing your pregnancy on social media may attract your village people to try to harm your unborn baby, why do you think these same village people cannot harm your child after s/he is born and you splash the pictures on social media?
Or is it that after the birth of a baby, 100 years of long life on earth is guaranteed?

It would seem that more and more couples are gradually tossing away the mentality that announcing your pregnancy on social media can cause harm ... https://9jababa.com/pregnant-nigerian-women-doing-the-duduke-challenge-is-it-safe/

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by bigiyaro(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
whether on social media or not, dem no dey fit hide pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Copy and Paste things.

Started in Europe. Trust naija na.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by Freestainworld(m): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
because you can't hide pregnancy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by Corporate2020: 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2020
The want to be unfortunate and some of them are already unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2020
A woman's pregnancy is a part of her body for the whole period of that 9 months, there is no way she can hide it.
Except you're talking about exposing their bare baby bump on social media, aside that a pregnant woman should be able to take her pictures and post on social media if shes comfortable with it.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by faithfull18(f): 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2020
End time lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
As for me.
I dont like to expose my pregnancy.

Most people dont even know am pregnant.
Until I deliver by God's special grace.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Exposing Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by cassidy1996(m): 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ohemababy:
As for me. I dont like to expose my pregnancy.
Most people dont even know am pregnant. Until I deliver by God's special grace.
GOD is with you...

(1) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How She Gave Birth The Day She Found Out She Was Pregnant / Lady Says A Real Man Supports His Woman Even If Pregnant For Another Man / I Am In A Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.