Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Shipping Container Building Is It Better? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Shipping Container Building Is It Better? (1242 Views)

DIGITAL CENTER: The Amazing Container Building Project In Nigeria / The Story Of Woman Losing 5 Kids In A Collapsed Building Is False - AutoReportNG / Beautiful Shipping Container Homes Found In Kado, Abuja. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by nurey(m): 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
So I was thinking to myself and a thought struck me, why not buy 40feet containers and design it as a building, roof it and pack in. I believe it will be faster than block building and all the stress of labourers and supervisor removed grin, you have your 3 bedroom or even bungalow in a matter or a month or less.

I have seen some pretty designs online I have also come across a few in Lagos, any disadvantage why we don't utilize this type of building in Nigeria? I know it isn't about rust cause those container a rust proof for years to come.

please superior ones do enlighten me as I am budgeting around 2m for one probably next year

cc egunmogaji2

lalasticlala, mynd44 seun let's have more views.

1 Like

Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by kingreign(m): 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
nurey:
So I was thinking to myself and a thought struck me, why not buy 40feet containers and design it as a building, roof it and pack in. I believe it will be faster than block building and all the stress of labourers and supervisor removed grin, you have your 3 bedroom or even bungalow in a matter or a month or less.

I have seen some pretty designs online I have also come across a few in Lagos, any disadvantage why we don't utilize this type of building in Nigeria? I know it isn't about rust cause those container a rust proof for years to come.

please superior ones do enlighten me as I am budgeting around 2m for one probably next year

cc egunmogaji2

There's one steel container constructed building along Kubwa - AYA expressway. Opposite Gwarinpa.

https://www.livinspaces.net/projects/architecture/17-shipping-containers-make-up-this-office-building-in-abuja-by-a-g-ferrero/
Here's the company that built it.
Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by Jcael(m): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
Curious also. Seat reserved
Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by Freestainworld(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
i thought I was the only one with this thought, I love it, it's really super cool.
Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by EgunMogaji2: 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
nurey:

cc egunmogaji2

I wouldn’t do it here in Nigeria.

You should be able to build a 1 bedroom flat for N2M with traditional materials.

I’m wiser now about Nigeria and her peculiar characteristics after being on ground for almost 18 months.

Attached is the gateman house to my estate in Omi Adio. It’s just under the size of a 40 foot container.

Good luck on your decision.

1 Like

Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by radautoworks: 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2020
Excellent idea. My family was going to start doing it in partnership with a company doing it in Asia but we had too many projects and put it on the back burner.
Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by jeraw: 5:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I wouldn’t do it here in Nigeria.

You should be able to build a 1 bedroom flat for N2M with traditional materials.

I’m wiser now about Nigeria and her peculiar characteristics after being on ground for almost 18 months.

Attached is he gateman house to my estate in Omi Adio. It’s just under the size of a 40 foot container.

Good luck on your decision.
I know you are the one in white and orange shorts grin

1 Like

Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by mejai(m): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2020
jeraw:
I know you are the one in white and orange shorts grin
very possible grin

1 Like

Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by radautoworks: 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by Raysleek: 2:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Nice one, hope you dont get cooked with this our naija heat

1 Like

Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by Person2person(m): 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
I don't think it worth it, considering the cost...
cost of the container with transportation
cost of the ground beam on which it will sit
finishings (internal cladding and all)
it doesn't worth it jare!

1 Like

Re: Shipping Container Building Is It Better? by JemmyAdams: 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
You will always read that one of the main advantage of shipping container is "it is cheap" .... That could be the reality for people in some countries. But if you live in Nigeria it's a different story.

If you are considering it then consider it for other reasons, like the style.

I went to check out the one in Abuja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB_6dG7IC14

(1) (Reply)

land At Ibusa Express By Asaba (25mins to Onitsha) / Buy Apartments In Lekki Pride Estate With C Of O / Newly Built 2bedroom Flat (3toilets/2baths) At Agric Ikorodu. (PIXXX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.