Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

I Want To Start Rearing Chicken (cockerel) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Start Rearing Chicken (cockerel) (1995 Views)

A Day Old Chicks (broiler, Pullet, Cockerel And Turkey) Are For Sale In Ibadan / Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan. / How Much Will Be Enough To Start Rearing Cattle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start Rearing Chicken (cockerel) by diamondedu(m): 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Pls l want start rearing cockerel referable white.. I'll have love to rear broiler but I don't have enough space and time but with the little knowledge I have about cockerel I think it's will be easy and how much is the cost of day old chick
Re: I Want To Start Rearing Chicken (cockerel) by jumper524(m): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
price of cockrell 120 to 240 pending on period and seasons

risk is same as cockrell, they die easily also.
profitability: not so high, although there are people who value the worth but are few and only if you can get them.
since you have little time to attend to them.

I'll advise you go for noiler.
they grow almost as broilers and are much stronger than broilers and cockrell.
in fact the female ones lay eggs after 6-7 months.

try Noiler out and see.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Rearing Chicken (cockerel) by diamondedu(m): 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
Thanks bro but I see cockerel as local chicken they have sample resistance to diseases, hardly can fend for it's self although I intend feeding them myself.. anyway thanks sha but do U know were I can buy them
Re: I Want To Start Rearing Chicken (cockerel) by Azarina: 12:43am On Jun 16, 2020
Are you rearing for personal consumption or commercial
Re: I Want To Start Rearing Chicken (cockerel) by Nigerfine3: 1:21am On Jun 16, 2020
diamondedu:
Thanks bro but I see cockerel as local chicken they have sample resistance to diseases, hardly can fend for it's self although I intend feeding them myself.. anyway thanks sha but do U know were I can buy them
Find out about Noiler on this agric forum and go for that , that might be what you want
Re: I Want To Start Rearing Chicken (cockerel) by Kenoxman(m): 11:08am On Jun 16, 2020
Check wit poultryplaza.com. white cockerel is currently @70 per doc. They are also on facebook. But I guess u really know what u are in for because as a newbie, u are most likely to run at a huge loss trying to make cockerel(white) profitable especially when u have up to 50 pieces. Broilers are still easiest to manage and more profitable.
Re: I Want To Start Rearing Chicken (cockerel) by Redman44(m): 11:27am On Jun 16, 2020
Kenoxman:
Check wit poultryplaza.com. white cockerel is currently @70 per doc. They are also on facebook. But I guess u really know what u are in for because as a newbie, u are most likely to run at a huge loss trying to make cockerel(white) profitable especially when u have up to 50 pieces. Broilers are still easiest to manage and more profitable.

@diamondedu, don't be discouraged. Go for Cockerels. Cockerels are very sturdy and they do not fall sick easily like Broilers. There are white cockerels and spotted cockerels. What you need to do is to give them the necessary medicines like Vitamins, Lasota etc. Also, you can have a mix of food for the Cockerels e.g giving them left over food and Efo Ogi ( chaff from making Pap ). Look for Pap Sellers and Eko makers in your area. They will have the left over from making Pap to sell to you. You can give this Left over ( Pap Chaff ) to your Cockerels two days of the week while you give them the normal Chicken grower feed on the other 5 days. You will save money this way. Broilers have more issues when raising them than Cockerels. If you raise your Cockerels well, they will be big and meaty. Trust me, I am speaking from experience. There are a lot of tricks for raising Cockerels successfully. Cockerels kill rats that trouble poultry businesses easily. Cockerels are also active and alert than Broilers that will just be sitting down in a corner all the time. There are threads on how to raise Cockerels on Nairaland. Cheers.
Re: I Want To Start Rearing Chicken (cockerel) by chukskafor(m): 6:02am On Jun 17, 2020
jumper524:
price of cockrell 120 to 240 pending on period and seasons

risk is same as cockrell, they die easily also.
profitability: not so high, although there are people who value the worth but are few and only if you can get them.
since you have little time to attend to them.

I'll advise you go for noiler.
they grow almost as broilers and are much stronger than broilers and cockrell.
in fact the female ones lay eggs after 6-7 months.

try Noiler out and see.
Where on earth do you get your birds from, a white cockerel for #120-240? Hmmmm, SMH in disbelief

(1) (Reply)

Hybrid sprouted oil palm seeds & seedlings (Tenera) at affordable price / #pics# Do You Need Fresh Apple Fruits??? Get In Here / Have You Ever Seen This Relatively Scarce Plant??( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.