Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

For The HEART, Not Just The HEAD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For The HEART, Not Just The HEAD (168 Views)

Hilda Baci: Your Dressing Shows It's Not Just Food You’re Selling – Pastor / Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Fornication Is Not Just Sleeping With Someone You Are Not Married To... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For The HEART, Not Just The HEAD by davidinchrist(m): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
The Words of God, commandments of Jesus are meant to be kept in our hearts, not just in the head:

Ps.119.11 - Your word I have HIDDEN IN MY HEART ("not just in the HEAD), That I might NOT SIN against You.

Bible knowledge and good understanding of scriptures in the head just puffs us up, making us think we're spiritual when we're not, and maybe terribly lost as well.

1Cor.8.1 - ... We know that we all have KNOWLEDGE. Knowledge PUFFS UP, but love edifies.

Those Words of Jesus were NOT primarily given for the purpose of preaching, teaching, or to be studied as a subject; but to be OBEYED by every true follower of Jesus:

John.14.15 - "If you love Me, KEEP My "commandments".

And these commandments of Jesus are recorded in the New testament, especially in the book of Matthew (see His First Sermon in chap. 5, 6, and 7), Mark, Luke and John.

Having good understanding of the Bible and Religious knowledge in the Head is of NO USE if we are not seeking to humble ourselves and OBEY them.

We should be real DOERS of the Word by God's grace, and NOT just being EMPTY speakers, readers and hearers of it.

Jas.1.22 - But be DOERS of the Word, and not hearers only, DECEIVING yourselves.

Matt.7.24 - "Therefore whoever HEARS these sayings of Mine, and DOES THEM, I will liken him to a WISE man who built his house on the ROCK:

Matt.7.25 - and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it DID NOT FALL, for it was FOUNDED ON THE ROCK.

Matt.7.26 - "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and DOES NOT DO them, will be like a FOOLISH man who built his house on the SAND:

Let's remember that the devil, demons, False Prophets, and the wicked in general also know the Bible very well. But OUR OBEDIENCE by Faith should make the GREAT difference.

It's really great to Repent and Start OBEYING those Words in MATT. CHAP. 5, 6 AND 7.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.
Re: For The HEART, Not Just The HEAD by davidinchrist(m): 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
John 5:39-41 KJV
Search the scriptures; for in them YE THINK ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

[40] And ye will NOT COME to me, that ye might have life.

[41] I receive NOT honour from men.

(1) (Reply)

Ichabod / The Book Of Proverbs Chapter 23 / Busy But Failing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.