Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities (3460 Views)

FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Neictraema(f): 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
The Federal Government has given conditions for the reopening of schools and tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, announced the conditions in Abuja on Tuesday.
He spoke at the 2020 Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.
Nwajiuba said, “All Institutions must have (1) Hand-washing facilities, (2) Body temperature checks (3) Body disinfectants at all entering points to their major facilities including the gates, hostels, classes, offices, etc. (4) The whole premises of each institution must be decontaminated and (5) All efforts must be geared toward maintenance of the highest level of hygiene (6) Ensure Social and Physical Distancing in class sizes and meeting spaces.”
In a copy of the minister’s speech obtained by our correspondent, he commended the higher institutions for responding promptly with different innovations, including the manufacturing of some of the facilities that were required to attend to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The minister, however, warned them against reopening schools without the Federal Government’s authorisation.
“While we Iook forward to easing the Iockdown which win ultimately lead to re-opening of our campuses, I urge all the Heads of Institutions not to wait till the announcement on reopening before putting in place all necessary measures in compliance with the protocols and advisories of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control,” he added.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
It will be hard to control thousands for school

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by longetivity(m): 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
social distance cannot work in school

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by ReorxTohGan(m): 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
longetivity:
e go work or e no go work,I sha wan graduate biko!!

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Chicent(m): 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
To control children will be very hard... It won't work for students also...
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by holsconcept(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
Chicent:
To control children will be very hard... It won't work for students also...

Is there anyone controlling the children in the market places? U need to visit the market and see for ursef

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by ODJ124(m): 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
that senate building is cool.....
which uni is that...

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by obonujoker(m): 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2020
They should consider Morning and afternoon sessions for schools....

8:00am -11am (Junior classes e.g kg and nursery, jss1-jss3)

12:00pm - 4pm (Senior classes e.g primary, sss1-sss3)
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Ufedolove: 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
In the end, we must learn to live with the virus.

Let schools resume o. Let finalists like me graduate and forget about it once and for all.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by yusman14(m): 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
ODJ124:

which uni is that...
FUNAAB

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 16, 2020
social distancing in class? Classes that normally cannot contain students. mtcheew.
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by jericco1(m): 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
The ban on Interstate travel should be lifted. How can a trip from Lagos to Delta cost 13k? undecided
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by yusman14(m): 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
Good day everyone..

Please things are really hard here..

This pandemic has affected a lot..

Can anybody help me with anything,I need to eat..

Gtbank

Jolayemi Yusuf ayomide
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by ArticleBeast: 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
jericco1:
The ban on Interstate travel should be lifted. How can a trip from Lagos to Delta cost 13k? undecided
You see am too abi. Drivers can use anything to their advantage. But they settle alot of police on the way o. Govt, Police, and Drivers na hammer pass

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Benwallt(m): 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
Trash,
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by African26(m): 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Elton02(m): 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
i can't distance myself in exam hall.. #TruthBeTold
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by kellartemmy: 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
Funaab
ODJ124:

which uni is that...
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Abiz1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
Yeah that's the certitude.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Saintinoo(m): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
holsconcept:

Is there anyone controlling the children in the market places? U need to visit the market and see for ursef
No mind them, some times i wonder how Nigerian reason, no wonder we are in this mess of a country.

Come to any major market and see crown, children walking about the markets, children playing everywhere yet we did not care.

This news is even about universities, so how do you equate university students whom majority are in there 20s with primary school kids.
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by ODJ124(m): 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
kellartemmy:
Funaab
OK... thanks
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by ODJ124(m): 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
yusman14:
FUNAAB
thanks
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
This can never work
Imagine about 5000 students waiting at the School gate just to wash their hands
That's Bollocks
SMH

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by kristian98(m): 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
Neictraema:
The Federal Government has given conditions for the reopening of schools and tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, announced the conditions in Abuja on Tuesday.
He spoke at the 2020 Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.
Nwajiuba said, “All Institutions must have (1) Hand-washing facilities, (2) Body temperature checks (3) Body disinfectants at all entering points to their major facilities including the gates, hostels, classes, offices, etc. (4) The whole premises of each institution must be decontaminated and (5) All efforts must be geared toward maintenance of the highest level of hygiene (6) Ensure Social and Physical Distancing in class sizes and meeting spaces.”
In a copy of the minister’s speech obtained by our correspondent, he commended the higher institutions for responding promptly with different innovations, including the manufacturing of some of the facilities that were required to attend to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The minister, however, warned them against reopening schools without the Federal Government’s authorisation.
“While we Iook forward to easing the Iockdown which win ultimately lead to re-opening of our campuses, I urge all the Heads of Institutions not to wait till the announcement on reopening before putting in place all necessary measures in compliance with the protocols and advisories of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control,” he added.
Please add a link to the source
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by fatymore(f): 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
Check my siggy
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Inda2020: 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
longetivity:
e work e no work I sha graduate thus year
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by Inda2020: 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
obonujoker:
They should consider Morning and afternoon sessions for schools....

8:00am -11am (Junior classes e.g kg and nursery, jss1-jss3)

12:00pm - 4pm (Senior classes e.g primary, sss1-sss3)
wetin be ur problem any how I must graduate
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by SirWarlock: 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
How's this supposed to work grin. How we all wish corona is simply by what one touches embarassed
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by McPerry(f): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
If there are conditions for reopening schools, why can't FG give conditions for reopening churches n mosques? Abi how region centers take offend ona now?
Re: BREAKING: FG Lists Conditions For Reopening Schools, Varsities by olawalepopoola: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2020
I beg make school open. I want to have my final PhD thesis defense

(1) (2) (Reply)

****outstandings In My 2008 Waec Results / Utme Cutoff Marks For Polytechnic Students / Yabatech Result Checker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.