Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Unlcles Company Slammed With 9million Naira Tax By Lagos State - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unlcles Company Slammed With 9million Naira Tax By Lagos State (563 Views)

Otedola Diverted $232.9million To Fortis Oil- Witness / The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos / The Nigeria Economic Outlook For 2014 By Lagos Chambers Of Commerce & Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unlcles Company Slammed With 9million Naira Tax By Lagos State by solakk: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2011
As far as I would like to commend the state Government for been good to its citien, I feel ashamed to say that they are indeed inconsiderate and very money hungry.
My uncle runs a small scale industry since 1990 and the government has now said that he didn't pay tax for the last 2004, when he actually did pay tax for all his staff and VAT too.

The real issue was that they calculated that he and his son, who is a director have been earning 2million naira yearly and that he should have paid tax for them both which totals the 9million.

The my uncle's son has not be paid a dime from the company and my uncle doesnt even earn salary, so where is the government getting their figures from. If I may say, this is a fraudulent act and it should be stopped,  FASHOLA, must not get rich by breaking the bank,  This is a downside of His government.

I need comments on way forward or experiences please.

cheers
Re: Unlcles Company Slammed With 9million Naira Tax By Lagos State by asscend: 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2011
Does your uncle not have accountants?

Sad to say that many Naija small businesses never saw the need to get one, so smart govt has capitalized on this and will hit them all hard. The truth is he will win as you guys dont have proper records.

Its not too late to start. Keep all your eceipts etc.

In fact with this new lagos taxation it will create jobs for accountants and all those business students.

Any way you can go to court to fight your case just make sure you have evidence.
Re: Unlcles Company Slammed With 9million Naira Tax By Lagos State by MaJBlige(f): 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2011
Whatever your name is in the developed world, if you dont pay your tax up to a dime correct, your butt ends up in jail. To prevent that, you employ accountants, lawyers etc.

so, if your uncle runs a business, does he employ accountants? Does he have proof that he and his son hasnt had any salary since 2004? What have they been feeding on? Is the company not making profit? If they make profit- dont they have yearly account statements of income and profit?

Things should be done right, bro.

Na Fashola dey chop the tax money?

(1) (Reply)

I Need Ur Help Pls / Lets Promote Your Product & Services For You / Start Your Own Laptop Business Today With Just #8000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.