Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Jamb 2020 Frequently Asked Question - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb 2020 Frequently Asked Question (179 Views)

Jamb 2020/2021 Syllabus For All Subjects Download Pdf / Possible Questions From JAMB 2020 Sweet Sixteen Novel / Download Sweet Sixteen by Bolaji Abdullahi JAMB 2020 [Compulsory English Novel] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jamb 2020 Frequently Asked Question by Soskid(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
AMB 2020 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
Jamb has released 2020 cutoff marks for Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of education and Innovation schools. The cutoff marks are as follow:
Universities (160)
Polytechnics (120)
Colleges of Education (100)
Innovation Schools (100)
The following are the questions students ask after the release of cutoff marks by Jamb;
With 160 as the Jamb cutoff mark for Universities, does it mean I will gain admission to the university if I score 160?
No, the fact that you scored 160 and above does not guarantee your admission into the university. As a matter of fact, schools usually have different cutoff marks. Universities like OAU, UI and UNILAG do not go below 200. The fact is that schools are at liberty to fix their cutoff marks but it must not be below the benchmark given by Jamb. That you even score 200 is not an assurance that the mentioned schools will give you admission.
I scored ____________ marks, what is my chance of gaining admission to study my course of choice?
You need research the general requirement of your school of choice and requirement for your course and find out if you meet the requirement of your school.
Will my school conduct Post-Utme despite coronavirus scare?
Post-Utme is one of the hurdles that you have to cross to gain admission to some Universities and polytechnics and some schools have made it a tradition to conduct the exam. Based on this, coronavirus will not stop some schools from conducting Post-Utme. Do your best to prepare for the exam especially if your school of choice has a tradition of conducting the exam.
What do I do in case I don’t meet the requirement of my school/course of choice?
You can change to the institution and course that will suit your o’level result and Post-UTME score by exploring the change of institution/course option.
Can I use my UTME result to apply for admission next year?
No, your result can only be used once. Your failure to secure admission with it in the current admission year will render the result useless.

(1) (Reply)

FG Lauds Obaseki’s Sustained Investment In Education / Academic Excellence Webinar / One Main Obstacle To Success - How To Overcome It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.