Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Words Of Jesus Vs Words Of Mohammed. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Words Of Jesus Vs Words Of Mohammed. (1215 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Jesus Vs Mohammed / Jesus Vs The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words Of Jesus Vs Words Of Mohammed. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2007
please let's stick to the topic and quote famous sayings of Christ as written in the Bible and compare to famous sayings of Mohammed as reported in the hadiths or Koran.
Remember these are their own words as recorded in these books.

One of Jesus's last words were  
"Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." Luke 23:34.  (said while on the cross dying).  

One of Mohammeds last words were  
"May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the graves of the prophets."   Bukhari, Vol. 1, 427.  
(said while dying in the arms of his wife Aisha).
Re: Words Of Jesus Vs Words Of Mohammed. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2007
Mohammeds's "holy advice"

Al Hadis, Vol. 2, p. 686) Ibn Masud reported, "We were fighting with the Messenger of Allah, and our wives were not with us. We asked the Messenger of Allah, 'Should we castrate ourselves?' The Holy Prophet forbade us from that, and then he allowed us Muta (temporary) marriage. So, we all married wives for a fixed time (usually three days) for the dowry of a piece of cloth."

Christ said.

Mat 19:9   "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality,[fn4] and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery."
Re: Words Of Jesus Vs Words Of Mohammed. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2007
On prayer.

Matt: 6:5-13: "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words, "

Jesus taught that true prayer was an expression of relationship and communication with a heavenly Father.

MUHAMMAD: taught formalized prayer ritual: (quotes are from Bukhari, Vol. 1)

488 - passing in front of a praying person annuls his prayer

489 - it's a sin to pass in front of someone while they're praying

660 - don't raise from prayer before the Imam {Muslim cleric leading the formal, ritualized prayers), or God will turn your face into a donkey's face

685 - if the prayer rows (of men) aren't straight, God will alter your faces

690 - if the prayer rows aren't straight, the prayer is not good

717 - if you look up during prayer, you'll lose your eyesight

759 - if you don't perform the bowing perfectly, your prayers are not accepted
Re: Words Of Jesus Vs Words Of Mohammed. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2007
To an adulterer.

From John 8:2-11

At dawn He (Jesus) appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" They were using this question as a trap in order to have a basis to accuse Him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with His finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" "No one sir", she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

MUHAMMAD

From the Hadith of Abu Dawud, #4428

"Buraidah said: "A woman of Ghamid came to the Prophet and said: "I have committed fornication", He said: "Go back". She returned and on the next day she came to him again, and said: "Perhaps you want to send me back as you did to Maiz b. Malik. I swear by Allah, I am pregnant." He said to her: "Go back". She then returned and came to him the next day. He said to her: "Go back until you give birth to the child." She then returned. When she gave birth to the child she brought the child to him, and said: "Here it is! I have given birth to it." He said: "Go back, and suckle him until you wean him." When she had weaned him, she brought him to him with something in his hand which he was eating. The boy was then given to a certain man of the Muslims and he (the prophet) commanded regarding her. So a pit was dug for her, and he gave orders about her and she was stoned to death. Khalid was one of those who were throwing stones at her. He threw a stone at her. When a drop of blood fell on his cheek, he abused her. The prophet said to him: "Gently, Khalid. By Him in Whose hand my soul is, she has repented to such an extent that if one who wrongfully takes an extra tax were to repent to a like extent, he would be forgiven". Then giving command regarding her, prayed over her and she was buried.""

he stoned here and prayed over her,allah is indeed merciful

(1) (Reply)

Should Christians Have Tattoos? / Should I Have Stayed Back In This Church? / Obama, Another Important Christian, Supports Gay Marriage!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.