Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) (2494 Views)

Waje: “I Got Pregnant In SS3 And My Church Banned Me From Singing In Choir” / Stefflon Don Reveals What She Wants From Burna Boy / AKA Demands An Apology From Burna Boy Before He Would Allow Him Perform In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by TMKsouth: 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Despite featuring in a recent remix of a South African hit house song, Jerusalema, it seems Burna Boy has not fully reedeemed himself in the eyes of many South Africans.

This follows a public spat he had with the country in 2019 in the wake of the recent xenophobic wave that swept across the rainbow nation.

In a series of tweets in September, Burna Boy urged black foreigners living in SA to defend and protect themselves against xenophobic attacks. In a now deleted tweet, he also told SA rapper AKA to beef up his security, before giving him the middle finger.

He promised to never set foot in SA again until the government “wakes the f*ck up and really performs a miracle”. However, a month later, he was announced as part of the Africans Unite line-up in SA to “unify all Africans and speak out against femicide”. But due to public pressure and calls for violence against the Nigerian artist, the concert was cancelled .

BURNA RESPONDS

Responding to questions on why he collaborated in the Jerusalema remix, Burna Boy said this:

(https://www.ghgossip.com/why-i-gave-that-epic-verse-on-the-jerusalema-remix-burna-boy-reveals/)

Honestly, I hope everyone just vibes to the song, whether it connects to them below the surface or not. It’s an incredible mash-up of cultures and languages.

We can only do our part individually to work towards uniting Africa, a song may not fix that, but the principle is what’s important, seeing beyond the lines and borders, you know?

My hope is that it unites us through our divisions and misunderstandings and dance together. We are not in competition, we are one Africa, we are united,” he said in his submission

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by TMKsouth: 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
MORE

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Harkstetunz: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
If not for Burna boy, the song jerusalema or what is it called wouldn't have gone past the shores of SA. cheesy They should be thanking him for giving the song wider publicity
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Vyzz: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
I don't blame anybody

I blame burnaboy... He is still a boy.

Now a Man of his words

1 Like

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by aristocrazzy: 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Truth is SA needs Burnaboy. Burnaboy don't need SA. if SA starts a beef with our naija artists, they're the ones that will lose. who gives a fuq about nasty c, aka only burnaboy is bigger than them put together.

3 Likes

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by McTEE10(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
Issokay...
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by TMKsouth: 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
Harkstetunz:
If not for Burna boy, the song jerusalema or what is it called wouldn't have gone past the shores of SA. cheesy They should be thanking him for giving the song a wider publicity

Don't overstate the matter.

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by TMKsouth: 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
aristocrazzy:
Truth is SA needs Burnaboy. Burnaboy don't need SA. if SA starts a beef with our naija artists, they're the ones that will lose. who gives a fuq about nasty c, aka only burnaboy is bigger than them put together.

Whatever happened to his SA boycott? That speaks volumes. grin He can't stay away.
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Lorayne(m): 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
He will.....
After SA apologises to Africa for the xenophobic attacks

1 Like

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by LukasPodolski: 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
HIV infested fools.

South Africa is a shithole.

1 Like

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
If you think you can come to Nairaland to look for cheap popularity, you are only wasting your time!
Nobody's interested in you people here, register a forum called SAland and post there for people who are interested in you!
Nobody's interested in either SA tweets nor post here. Last week you dragged Hussy plus Nigerians, Yesterday you dragged American actor, Today Burna boy, tomorrow whom? The xenophobia is still disturbing you people or what? I don't know why you people are registered as members in another country's forum!

1 Like

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by TMKsouth: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:
If you think you can come to Nairaland to look for cheap popularity, you are only wasting your time!
Nobody's interested in you people here, register a forum called SAland and post there for people who are interested in you!
Nobody's interested in either SA tweets nor post here. Last week you dragged Hussy plus Nigerians, Yesterday you dragged American 1actor, Today Burna boy, tomorrow whom? The xenophobia is still disturbing you people or what? I don't know why you people are registered as members in another country's forum!

Are you talking about Tyrese who was spreading fake news about SA?
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Lorayne(m): 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
TMKsouth:

Are you talking about Tyrese who was spreading fake news about SA?

You seem like a good fella. Can you please ignore some of these stupid people?.. I'm Nigerian and I totally hate when Africans fight each other over stupid things. Aren't we supposed to be brothers?

3 Likes

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Franktom247(m): 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2020
Lorayne:

You seem like a good fella. Can you please ignore some of these stupid people?.. I'm Nigerian and I totally hate when Africans fight each other over stupid things. Aren't we supposed to be brothers?

people that killed their fellow africans in broad day light SA should be thankful to the spirit of mandela that it was a shock absorber that was in charge of nigeria if not..... guy get sense

2 Likes

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by TMKsouth: 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
Lorayne:

Thank you, Lorayne. smiley

I'll try my best to ignore them including the one that overpopulated this page with pictures of slums. angry
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Shattuck(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
Harkstetunz:
If not for Burna boy, the song jerusalema or what is it called wouldn't have gone past the shores of SA. cheesy They should be thanking him for giving the song wider publicity
Jerusalema has been a hit in Nigeria for a while now bros,maybe you've been living under a rock,I had it on repeat the first time I heard it,I don't think the remix can match the original.

3 Likes

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by WannaHowzit(m): 3:57am On Jun 20, 2020
Franktom247:

people that killed their fellow africans in broad day light SA should be thankful to the spirit of mandela that it was a shock absorber that was in charge of nigeria if not..... guy get sense

Was Jonathan a shock absorber also? And Obasanjo. Attacks have been happening since 2000

1 Like

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Bobyro: 6:37am On Jun 20, 2020
Lorayne:

This your unity is what is affecting Nigerians. We too dey claim love and na wetin dey kill us. Them go still kill you if you like do and undo for them. NIGERIA SHOULD BE THE PRIORITY OF NIGERIANS. FVCK Africa, we welcomed everyone now our visa no get value. Foreigners gaining access through borders in the north who then become terrorists all because of this una love mentality.

1 Like

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Lorayne(m): 6:39am On Jun 20, 2020
Bobyro:

This your unity is what is affecting Nigerians. We too dey claim love and na wetin dey kill us
Unity is now a problem... So, we should hate and kill each other?
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Bobyro: 6:41am On Jun 20, 2020
Lorayne:

Unity is now a problem... So, we should hate and kill each other?
You're not even united in your country, you wan dey claim unity for Africa. Wise up. Solve your problems first.

2 Likes

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Lorayne(m): 7:00am On Jun 20, 2020
Bobyro:

You're not even united in your country, you wan dey claim unity for Africa. Wise up. Solve your problems first.
Nawa for u o.... What re you even saying?... Did I tell you that I don't love the people from other regions of the country or won't work with them to make it a better place?.... So, because we re not united in Nigeria we should be hating everybody else till we get our shit together ba?

2 Likes

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Graysons: 7:25am On Jun 20, 2020
Lorayne:

And you end up being the stupid one.

4 Likes

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Graysons: 7:27am On Jun 20, 2020
TMKsouth:
Despite featuring in a recent remix of a South African hit house song, Jerusalema, it seems Burna Boy has not fully reedeemed himself in the eyes of many South Africans.

This follows a public spat he had with the country in 2019 in the wake of the recent xenophobic wave that swept across the rainbow nation.

In a series of tweets in September, Burna Boy urged black foreigners living in SA to defend and protect themselves against xenophobic attacks. In a now deleted tweet, he also told SA rapper AKA to beef up his security, before giving him the middle finger.

He promised to never set foot in SA again until the government “wakes the f*ck up and really performs a miracle”. However, a month later, he was announced as part of the Africans Unite line-up in SA to “unify all Africans and speak out against femicide”. But due to public pressure and calls for violence against the Nigerian artist, the concert was cancelled .

BURNA RESPONDS

Responding to questions on why he collaborated in the Jerusalema remix, Burna Boy said this:

(https://www.ghgossip.com/why-i-gave-that-epic-verse-on-the-jerusalema-remix-burna-boy-reveals/)

Honestly, I hope everyone just vibes to the song, whether it connects to them below the surface or not. It’s an incredible mash-up of cultures and languages.

We can only do our part individually to work towards uniting Africa, a song may not fix that, but the principle is what’s important, seeing beyond the lines and borders, you know?

My hope is that it unites us through our divisions and misunderstandings and dance together. We are not in competition, we are one Africa, we are united,” he said in his submission

Tell South Africans that they are mad.

I don't blame you Zulu freaks tho,it is Burna Boy I blame.

4 Likes

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by SaintBishop: 7:33am On Jun 20, 2020
TMKsouth:

BURNA RESPONDS

have they ( South Africans) apologies for the xenophobia they carry out against Nigerians? thunder fire all south Africans including you nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Jacqueline22(f): 8:05am On Jun 20, 2020
SaintBishop:

have they ( South Africans) apologies for the xenophobia they carry out against Nigerians? thunder fire all south Africans including you nonsense.
Asin enn dem go still enter our own forum Dey insults us.

1 Like

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Lorayne(m): 9:05am On Jun 20, 2020
Graysons:

And you end up being the stupid one.
Ok.
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Bobyro: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2020
Lorayne:

Nawa for u o.... What re you even saying?... Did I tell you that I don't love the people from other regions of the country or won't work with them to make it a better place?.... So, because we re not united in Nigeria we should be hating everybody else till we get our shit together ba?
Love but know who to love. South Africans are not the type to be loved they take you as a threat, they don't believe the words GOOD NIGERIANS. They are So xenophobic, And here you are calling your fellow citizen stupid because of a mere southy wey no get value for you.

2 Likes

Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by TMKsouth: 10:17am On Jun 20, 2020
Graysons:

Tell South Africans that they are mad.

I don't blame you Zulu freaks tho,it is Burna Boy I blame.

Yes, SA is too powerful - BB can't even stick to his boycott. Less than a month after issuing ultimatums he was preparing visa to dance for Zulu freaks - now even singing in Zulu. Wonders never end grin
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by TMKsouth: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2020
Lorayne:

Ok.

They are generalising about South Africans. Good always attracts good so I'm certain there are those of us you can get along with. The bad Nigerians always meet their match in SA, that's why they are fighting it out in xenophobic clashes.
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Bobyro: 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
TMKsouth:

They are generalising about South Africans. Good always attracts good so I'm certain there are those of us you can get along with. The bad Nigerians always meet their match in SA, that's why they are fighting it out in xenophobic clashes.
Oga shut up, you're saying trash. Innocent people can lose their lives to xenophobic attacks too. South Africans think with their anus. Them dey act barbaric at any slight provocation, shey education even dey there??. You dey here dey yarn dust.
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by Bisshop123(f): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2020
TMKsouth:

U should rethink or probably rewrite what have wrote. Have you ever sit down to think about or calculate the number of innocent Nigerians that lost their life in that xenophobic attack!.
"Good always attract good, the bad Nigerians always meet their match in SA" I totally disagree. If you did not realize that the majority of people that died were innocent Nigerian citizens, pls do now. Maybe its because your loved one was not among or probably its not Nigerians that were xenophobic against SA's.
But I don't think SA's apologized for their bad works. But are demanding apology.

Make I stop hear.
Re: SA Still Wants Apology From Burna Boy Despite Singing In Zulu (TWEETS) by TMKsouth: 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
Bisshop123:

U should rethink or probably rewrite what have wrote. Have you ever sit down to think about or calculate the number of innocent Nigerians that lost their life in that xenophobic attack!.
"Good always attract good, the bad Nigerians always meet their match in SA" I totally disagree. If you did not realize that the majority of people that died were innocent Nigerian citizens, pls do now. Maybe its because your loved one was not among or probably its not Nigerians that were xenophobic against SA's.
But I don't think SA's apologized for their bad works. But are demanding apology.

Make I stop hear.

No Nigerians died last year dude, fake news is a major problem in your country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Bbnaija Lockdown Housemate Ozoemena Ozo Chukwu / Bbn-nengi Spotted On Crazy-jeans, Winter-jacket & Multi Million Naira Bag / Breaking: Gulder Ultimate Search Returns 7 Years After [see How To Apply]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.