Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,475 members, 7,812,465 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? (3259 Views)

Why Is The Iphone So Overpriced In Nigeria? / Why Are JUMIA Products Overpriced / Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Darlinx01(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
Oppo a subsidiary of bbk electronics have been a major player in d smartphone market together with its sibling OEMs oneplus and vivo. Oppo phones while cool with major tech advancements, why are they so overpriced unlike oneplus, realme or even vivo?
i went to a nearby retail store looking for a phone to purchase wit a friend. He saw the reno 3 loved the design and d specs bt the price the salesperson called was a total rip off.
oppo marketers:
joeytrib
sexyshola1212
aramanda14
jerryidinoba
abeg help us plead wit dem...na naija we dey. Make dem dey price der devices reasonably.

1 Like

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by mamaafrik(m): 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
Obe to dun owo lo pa.....ooo

1 Like

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Oppo Reno 8/128gb, mediatek Helio p90 price at slot: 160k

Galaxy A71 6/128gb, snapdragon 730 prove at slot: 173k with 2 years warranty.

Just tell me why I won't add the extra 13k and get the Samsung. The only array the oppo wins is in build quality as it has glass both front and back.

7 Likes

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by edoairways: 6:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
You can never satisfy human being

2 Likes

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by offset67(m): 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
:Pdon't ask me,ask buhari
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Darlinx01(m): 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
greenhulk:

Just tell me why I won't add the extra 13k and get the Samsung. The only array the oppo wins is in build quality as it has glass both front and back.
I love that Reno 3 but d price dey chase me nii
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Darlinx01(m): 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
edoairways:
You can never satisfy human being
What happened la?
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by edoairways: 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
Darlinx01:
What happened la?
You are complaining of the price. Oppo phones are expensive na

1 Like

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by seunfly: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
You are right, oppo price is high that is why they have 4 other subbrands with cheaper price.

Realme, Iqoo, vivo has amazing and unbeatable prices especially realme and iquoo.

7 Likes

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by seanwilliam(m): 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Their phone fine tbh

1 Like

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by alphaNomega: 10:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
greenhulk:

Thank you for this Oppo example. This particular phone is arrant nonsense. I was impressed at first sight but after doing my homework, I'm glad I did not make the mistake of buying it. 8GB of crap angry

3 Likes

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by eki2000(m): 3:46am On Jun 20, 2020
I noticed this since the days of A5s. 13+2mp rear and 8 mp front camera, with only HD+ resolution for 69k, when galaxy A30 with 16+5 back and 16 mp front cam, and a FHD+ resolution was for #69500. Now check out the price for A9 2020, with just HD+ Resolution, it's bad marketing.

7 Likes

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Lexusgs430: 4:28am On Jun 20, 2020
I presently have my eyes on the Oppo Reno 2.........

Hopefully, my ticket no go cut.......... grin

Soup wey sweet, nah moni kill am......

If oppo is out of financial reach..... Buy an Umidigi smartphone.......... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Randerl: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2020
Lexusgs430:

grin
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by KrazyDave16(m): 8:44am On Jun 20, 2020
Their flagship is decent for the price but their midrangers is the opposite.
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Darlinx01(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Lol...help ur boy na...i need dah reno 3 nii
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Lexusgs430: 9:13am On Jun 20, 2020
Darlinx01:
Lol...help ur boy na...i need dah reno 3 nii

You see say you be my Oga...... I still dey target old model...... Your long throat don dey catch hin younger brother..........

You gast to double your hustle........ cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by NuclearReactor: 10:09am On Jun 20, 2020
KrazyDave16:
Their flagship is decent for the price but their midrangers is the opposite.
you must be joking right, the Oppo Find X2 pro goes for around $1150... more expensive that the base model of the S20+ and iPhone 11pro max

1 Like

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
Darlinx01:
Oppo a subsidiary of bbk electronics have been a major player in d smartphone market together with its sibling OEMs oneplus and vivo. Oppo phones while cool with major tech advancements, why are they so overpriced unlike oneplus, realme or even vivo?
i went to a nearby retail store looking for a phone to purchase wit a friend. He saw the reno 3 loved the design and d specs bt the price the salesperson called was a total rip off.
oppo marketers:
joeytrib
sexyshola1212
aramanda14
jerryidinoba
abeg help us plead wit dem...na naija we dey. Make dem dey price der devices reasonably.

...because they are overcool
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by atheistandproud(m): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
iLUCID:

Overpriced

4 Likes

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Olude193: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Reno 2 is 150k o

I pray it goes down o
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by laluski(m): 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Barman!! Give that Dj cuppy future husband a bottle of HENNESSEY
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by KrazyDave16(m): 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
NuclearReactor:

you must be joking right, the Oppo Find X2 pro goes for around $1150... more expensive that the base model of the S20+ and iPhone 11pro max
I said Decent for the price, not awesome.

With the way Apple and Samsung are raising the bar on prices of their flagships, I'd say it's becoming the new standard whether we like it or not.

Come to think of it, one can get a 256gb variant of the X2 Pro for about $1000 (new ones and yes you can find such deals) if you know where and how to look, add a lil cash for the S20+ but good deals will be hard to find unless used or maybe open box.

Apple is the joke here, what with them increasing prices of their phones so they end this year amongst top 2 company that made some good profits.

NuclearReactor:

Oppo Find X2 pro goes for around $1150... more expensive that the base model of the S20+ and iPhone 11pro max
Jokes on you, price of the base model 11 Pro Max right now is more than enough to get you a 256gb X2 Pro or a 128gb S20+

*Modified to add some lil bitz*
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Lexusgs430: 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
greenhulk:

Reno 2 series, got 2 variants.....

Reno Z - Mediatek
Reno 2 - SD 730G (8/256)

So you no longer have to add that 13K...... angry

So now, who is the Daddy? Your Samsung A71 or Reno 2......... cheesy
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Lexusgs430: 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2020
Olude193:

Reno 2 is 150k o

I pray it goes down o

For pesin wey dey work hard and dey see small mulla, e no suppose hard to buy am......... wink
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Lexusgs430: 6:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
laluski:

Barman!! Give that Dj cuppy future husband a bottle of HENNESSEY

I still dey the bar dey wait you to come pay o.....

I don drink the bottle of cognac finish o...... wink
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Flytime: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Darlinx01(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lexusgs430:

For pesin wey dey work hard and dey see small mulla, e no suppose hard to buy am......... wink
My oga if u buy d reno 2 abeg use d umi power 3 do giveaway ...make we follow dey umipepper

1 Like

Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by joeytrib: 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
iLUCID:

Overpriced you say? You have admitted OPPO advances technology with their smartphones, their pricing is just perfect for the value they give
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by joeytrib: 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
iLUCID:

You are making serious sense
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by joeytrib: 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
Darlinx01:
oppo marketers:
joeytrib
sexyshola1212
aramanda14
jerryidinoba
You want premium value, it comes at a price! For the value OPPO offers, common their pricing is fair.
Re: Oppo Produces Cool Devices But Why Are They So Overpriced? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
joeytrib:
Overpriced you say? You have admitted OPPO advances technology with their smartphones, their pricing is just perfect for the value they give

Not me, it's the OP who thinks they're overpriced

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Get This Device In Nigeria? / MTN Increases Data Transfer Limit From 1GB To 2GB, Adds More Menu Options / Etisalat BIS Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.