Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? (1177 Views)

What Is This Called In Your Language? / What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language / What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? by obiekunie2: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2020
Pineapple, with its sweet golden taste is a very popular fruit here in Nigeria but the thing is - we all seem to prefer using the English name for it.

for promotion of our culture, please tell us what pineapple is called in your language.

lalasticlala.

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? by missjekyll: 10:25am On Jun 20, 2020
obiekunie2:
Pineapple, with its sweet golden taste is a very popular fruit here in Nigeria but the thing is - we all seem to prefer using the English name for it.

for promotion of our culture, please tell us what pineapple is called in your language.

lalasticlala.

it's not native to Nigeria. I would be surprised if anyone has a name for it.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? by Asquare84(m): 10:30am On Jun 20, 2020
It called ogede in idoma language

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2020
Ope oyibo in Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? by obiekunie2: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2020
missjekyll:

yea its not but the Igbos call it Akwu-Olu.

which translates to mean "foreign fruit".

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 20, 2020
muyoge:
Ope oyibo in Yoruba.
Ope oyinbo ( Foreign palm)
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? by Aimerosa25(f): 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2020
Abarba in hausa
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? by ABOVEDELAW: 4:07am On Jun 22, 2020
CASSAVA IS NOT NATIVE TO NIGERIA BUT WE HAVE DIFFERENT TRIBAL NAMES FOR IT.
missjekyll:

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? by saxby(f): 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
lol, funny enough i just know it as pineapple nothing more, seeing it now just makes me feel like grabbing some for donation to vulnerable Nigerians in this pandemic time.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit In Your Language? by Damseldammie(f): 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
Òpè òyìnbó in Yorùbá

(1) (Reply)

I Need Recipe And Procedure On How To Make Akara Chips�� / To The Gurls:what Would U Order For If A Guy Takes You To A Fast Food To Eat / Hilarious When You Realise That (ofe Akwu) Banga Soup Doesn't Need Tomatoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.