Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,731 members, 7,824,063 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P (921 Views)

Please Programmers In The House,what Are The Benefits Of Programming / Please How Do I Create A Trend On Twitter / See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
I've been wondering how does topics trend on nairaland trending page, I'm trying to figure out the algorithm but I can't .

Are they using views or what

I just want to knw how topic trend on nairaland.

Pls if u know just leave a comment thanks
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by GuestLog: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
peterangelo:
I've been wondering how does topics trend on nairaland trending page, I'm trying to figure out the algorithm but I can't .

I think it's manual process. Trending topics get sorted out to the top of moderator's back end view, the moderator checks if it's front-page worthy then add to home page (front page).

Then there are bots that ensure users are well behaved. Ever wondered why news don't come on front-page from 7pm? Office is closed till 7am.

1 Like

Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
GuestLog:
I think it's manual process. Trending topics get sorted out to the top of moderator's back end view, the moderator checks if it's front-page worthy then add to home page (front page).

I thought it has to do with numbers of views n day interval

Unlike YouTube
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2020
GuestLog:

Then there are bots that ensure users are well behaved. Ever wondered why news don't come on front-page from 7pm? Office is closed till 7am.

Thanks a lot
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by GuestLog: 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
peterangelo:

I thought it has to do with numbers of views n day interval

Unlike YouTube
There are times when one could get a few hundred views without comments and it hits front page. Other times, you could get hundreds of comments but not front-page worthy. That's why I believe it's a manual process.

YouTube on the other hand acts 90% on algorithm unless some specific videos which some admin recommends based on consistency, quality, views, reactions, proper channel & video tags, trends, etc.
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
GuestLog:
There are times when one could get a few hundred views without comments and it hits front page. Other times, you could get hundreds of comments but not front-page worthy. That's why I believe it's a manual process.

YouTube on the other hand acts 90% on algorithm unless some specific videos which some admin recommends based on consistency, quality, views, reactions, proper channel & video tags, trends, etc.

Thank u guestlog I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
GuestLog:

Watta twitter too
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by GuestLog: 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
peterangelo:

Thank u guestlog I really appreciate.

you're welcome
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by GuestLog: 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
peterangelo:

Watta twitter too
I have no idea how their algorithm works.
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Coder2Client(m): 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
You guys are really funny with the way you are mentioning algorithm up and down.
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2020
GuestLog:

I totally disagree with this your analysis and I can back that with evidence I have at my disposal
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by darkdenizen: 9:55am On Jun 23, 2020
donproject:

I totally disagree with this your analysis and I can back that with evidence I have at my disposal

dont mind that guestlog or what is he called. Just typing random words without the littlest idea what the op is all about.
I am more surprised the op is thanking him, for misleading him i guess.

Ignorance is bliss
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by GuestLog: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2020
darkdenizen:

dont mind that guestlog or what is he called. Just typing random words without the littlest idea what the op is all about.

Ignorance is bliss
Please share your help if you have something to offer. If you don't like my simple expression for a layman to understand, keep your mockery to yourself. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by darkdenizen: 9:22am On Jun 24, 2020
GuestLog:
Please share your help if you have something to offer. If you don't like my simple expression for a layman to understand, keep your mockery to yourself. Thanks.

pls dont get overly emotional. No one is making a mockery of u. Just that what u typed up there is already making mockery of itself.
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
Coder2Client:
You guys are really funny with the way you are mentioning algorithm up and down.

Algorithm is a step by step in solving a pitfall or problem.

Knowing aw topic trend u must try to know or find out the steps or algorithm.

Is like u don't knw wat programming is all about, u thought is about the code.

Go n learn, and stop been proud

Guy think b4 commenting
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 24, 2020
darkdenizen:

Ignorance is bliss
u that knw tell us.

Over sabi
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 24, 2020
GuestLog:

Don't mind d guy guestlog
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Coder2Client(m): 10:15am On Jun 25, 2020
peterangelo:

Algorithm is a step by step in solving a pitfall or problem.

Knowing aw topic trend u must try to know or find out the steps or algorithm.

Is like u don't knw wat programming is all about, u thought is about the code.

Go n learn, and stop been proud

Guy think b4 commenting

How long have you been writing code?

Anybody can define what algorithm is, in fact, a toddler can define it. But can you tell me how algorithm works, how to implement it in a project?

You sound more like a novice in programming world.

The question to you now is what does algorithm has to do with a post on nairaland that has hundreds of views and doesn't get to the front page?
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by darkdenizen: 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
peterangelo:
u that knw tell us.

Over sabi

i thought u were sensible, but with the way u were generously dishing thanks, i began to have a second thought.
You are really that layman which guestlog called u. Such a pity

Tbh i would love to contribute to the benefit of others who might also be interested in that info but u have proven urself to be someone who lack manners. Humble urself and i will tell u
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by codeigniter(m): 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
darkdenizen:

pls dont get overly emotional. No one is making a mockery of u. Just that what u typed up there is already making mockery of itself.

You are annoying,
Since u know beta, educate us instead derailing the tread itk ika
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by codeigniter(m): 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
GuestLog:

If u visit the front page regularly u we see people mention lalasticlala before there page get moved.

The guy is right if u have any other explanation tell us instead of mocking

1 Like

Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by darkdenizen: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
codeigniter:

You are annoying,
Since u know beta, educate us instead derailing the tread itk ika

i am sorry if my method of reproach is 'annoying' to ur likes. But then that means my objectives has been accomplished-to rebuke you into 'annoyance' so next time u study a problem or situation carefully and attentively before making a submission
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by darkdenizen: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
codeigniter:

If u visit the front page regularly u we see people mention lalasticlala before there page get moved.

The guy is right if u have any other explanation tell us instead of mocking

pls study the op question again this time carefully and slowly. Thank God the op has not been modified.
peterangelo:
I've been wondering how does topics trend on nairaland trending page

now who's the itk
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by GuestLog: 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
darkdenizen:

i thought u were sensible, but with the way u were generously dishing thanks, i began to have a second thought.

Tbh i would love to contribute to the benefit of others who might also be interested in that info but u have proven urself to be someone who lack manners. Humble urself and i will tell u
Keep your silly information to yourself. OP asked because he didn't know. At one point in time you were a novice too. Don't rub it on his face because you know a few things. OP might be a professional in other fields that you are a jew man to. Humble yourself, you don't know who is who on NL.
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 26, 2020
darkdenizen:

go to hell with ur fucking knowledge

over sabi
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 26, 2020
Coder2Client:

Anybody can define what algorithm is, in fact, a toddler can define it. But can you tell me how algorithm works, how to implement it in a project?

The question to you now is what does algorithm has to do with a post on nairaland that has hundreds of views and doesn't get to the front page?

Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 26, 2020
Coder2Client:

get the fucki out of my thread neega

i dont need ur fuckin n useless help

u no nothing
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 26, 2020
Coder2Client:

okay im a novice go n kill urself

with the way u commented on my thread it shows ur not born for this go n learn something else chimera

u will never know
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by Clefayomide: 7:02am On Jun 30, 2020
This developer community Na wa o. Reading up some people's comment here and I'm just smh
Re: Programmers In The House Please Help Me Out, How Does Topic Trend On Nairaland P by trytillmake(m): 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
peterangelo:

Algorithm ke, oga na manual process 0, which kind algo-wetin, oh u don't know people advertise here also, if u get bar to push yr thread - pay and voila u see it in frontpage simple.

(1) (Reply)

Data Science Is Overly Hyped By Nairalanders / Blogger / Fellas Please Help And Explain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.