Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,248 members, 7,864,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:33 PM

Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed (1642 Views)

One Chance Attack Witnessed Live In Abuja (video) / A Mob Action Witnessed In Lagos: 2 Armed Robbers Burnt To Death (Graphic Photos) / Have You Witnessed Someone Get Arrested At A Police Checkpoint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by chatinent: 8:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
It gives no one joy of being robbed off a hard-earned valuable (no matter how small). However, we live in critical times hard to deal with and these social ills are inevitable. Have you witnessed a robbery? Was it you who was attacked? Did it cause a trauma? Perhaps a memory not to be forgotten soon! Share your Oh My God! robbery experiences.
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by malcom1X: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
I was robbed OMG
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by chatinent: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
I cannot forget in a hurry my gray experience. Years back, my dad had a fatal accident -- a scenario where a tiper truck ran him over, literally climbing and smashing his then Peagout 404 to nothing and he was in the driver's seat. While looking to save his life, some Lagos robbers still came to a dying man and robbed us all valuables (phones and otherwise) and left. We felt we had lost him but he escaped death by hair's breath. Many reasons I don't feel remorse for these thieves when they are brought to 'jungle' book.

7 Likes

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by chatinent: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
malcom1X:
I was robbed OMG
Tell us about how it happened.
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ok here's the story, although I've told it elsewhere once.

So back when I was in junior school, my mum and I were the only ones at home. My Dad worked in another state and my elder brothers were all in school(boarding and uni).

Our house is a one storey building. The top was uncompleted and we lived below the deck. Our generator was on top(the uncompleted part) and wired down where we live. I went to put off the Gen at 8 pm, suddenly some dudes accousted me on my way. We live in a remote part of town and not many houses and people are around, so I was surprised by their sudden appearance. My mum was at the kitchen so she heard me shout and was concerned, but as soon as she stepped out they grabbed her as they did me and pushed both of us in.

They were about 4 or 5. Unmasked. They asked first for the phones, then they took my mum in and asked for her jewelries. We newly acquired a sienna, and they were asking for the papers. But they also took our provisions(Bournvita, milk, maltina and stuffs like that) and also some twenty twenty naira I have been saving, so it's kinda hard to tell what class of thieves they were.

There was a particular one of them they called OC (officer in command), I recognized him. He came around earlier that week, trying to buy eggs from us (we owned a poultry). Our compound was unfenced so any one could just stroll in. We attended to him through the window and we told him we sell in bulk and not a single crate as he wanted. He soon said he wanted 8 crates. Strange right? We told him we had customers who had booked already, before he threw in the towel. My mum and I thought it wise not to go out that day anymore. Until later that week the idiot visited us with the same shirt on.

So there I was, lying flat in the sitting room, OC balanced in front of the TV (as the boss he is) watching WWE, while his boys ransacked the whole house and took whatever they thought valuable, soon, me sef join OC follow dey watch WWE for where I dey. After about an hour, they came to tie me up, they had tied my mum up in side too. And then took their leave and fled with the car.

We managed to untie ourselves and raised alarm in the neighborhood. See mummy waking me up to go to school the next morning, for where! But till this day, my mum and I have a strong feeling one of our neighbors was involved.

If you're amongst those who came over that night, how's your life going now? Has it been miserable? If so, please gist me
If not, your misery still awaits you.

But if you're all dead, then too bad tongue

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by decatalyst(m): 8:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
chatinent:
I cannot forget in a hurry my gray experience. Years back, my dad had a fatal accident -- a scenario where a tiper truck ran him over, literally climbing and smashing his then Peagout 404 to nothing and he was in the driver's seat. While looking to save his life, some Lagos robbers still came to a dying man and robbed us all valuables (phones and otherwise) and left. We felt we had lost him but he escaped death by hair's breath. Many reasons I don't feel remorse for these thieves when they are brought to 'jungle' book.

Wow! I am so happy to read the part that says he escaped death. God is great and good in all circumstances.

You see, the day it dawn on me that we have lost our humanity and our enviable communal qualities, was the day I went to the Mall and somehow, my car battery got drained. Started looking for JumpStart cable after someone gave me his car to use...finally met a cab guy, he said he was going to collect #1,000 to use the cable for less than 2min! This dude later collected #500. I just shake my head and concluded that we have lost it!

I don't pity people when bad things happen to them or they lack help. These things has a way of coming back to hunt.

1 Like

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by chatinent: 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
decatalyst:

Wow! I am so happy to read the part that says he escaped death. God is great and good in all circumstances.

You see, the day it dawn on me that we have lost our humanity and our enviable communal qualities, was the day I went to the Mall and somehow, my car battery got drained. Started looking for JumpStart cable after someone gave me his car to use...finally met a cab guy, he said he was going to collect #1,000 to use the cable for less than 2min! This dude later collected #500. I just shake my head and concluded that we have lost it!

I don't pity people when bad things happen to them or they lack help. These things has a way of coming back to haunt.
The world is doomed, bro. People are now lovers of themselves and money!
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Jakumo(m): 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
I was seated in the hallway of a Nigerian bank one Thursday afternoon many moons ago, awaiting my turn to grovel for a bank loan with the manager, whose office was located facing the bank vault, at the end of the narrow passageway lined with chairs, where I sat reading the morning paper.

Being somewhat tall, I had to angle my legs to one side when various banking officials needed to get past on their way to and from the manager's office. One of the officials dressed in a sharp business suit stopped briefly to shake my hand, and exchange greetings.

In a few moments I would learn that my impeccably dressed friend, dapper in the tailored grey business suit, was in fact the Vice Chairman of a silently infiltrating armed robbery delegation already positioned throughout the banking hall, and poised for the order to deploy.

My new acquaintance strolled off, and I had briefly returned to reading my newspaper, when something caught my eye beside the accountant's desk that sat on a raised platform adjacent to the hallway in which I awaited my interview with the bank manager.

A banking official, as I presumed, dressed in a crimson red business suit and tie, had been chatting quietly at the accountants desk, when he stood up from his chair, pulled aside his jacket, produced a massive black semi-automatic pistol, and in a booming military voice, commanded all in the bank to assume the felony-prone position FLAT on the ground, NOW !! The bank fell silent. Compliance with the surprise directive was total, unquestioning, and instantaneous.

The loading of cash from the vault commenced right away. Brand new Ghana-Must-Go plastic weave bags had been brought in by the gang for the cash reallocation exercise. Loading of currency into the bags, and then out to the waiting getaway vehicles, was carried out with remarkable speed by bank employees and customers working feverishly at gunpoint, while the gang scanned the exits.

The robbers, all similarly dressed in expensive 3-piece business suits, had that morning casually mingled with bank employees BEHIND the counter, by posing as customers with various detailed inquiries involving purported large sums of money. Right after their red-suited Boss Man unveiled his handgun for the honest world to see in that banking hall, his bellowed announcement of temporary regime change, was repeated by other members of the gang, who simultaneously produced an assortment of pistols and sub-machine-guns from beneath their business suit jackets.

When the vault was empty and well over a dozen extremely heavy bags of cash dragged out to the waiting vehicles, a few customers including myself were herded into the air tight vault, moments before sustained gunfire erupted in the banking hall, reverberating outside in the parking lot of the bank as well.

Unsure of whether the shooters had left or were dead in a fire-fight with responding police teams, myself and other impromptu vault residents waited for a good long time, before emerging tentatively from the emptied bank vault, with our ears still ringing from the boom of indoor gunfire, yet feeling oddly euphoric to have survived the tempest in one piece.

The police station was 100 meters from the bank, but they never showed up until the smoke cleared, and the cannonade of automatic rifle barrages had safely faded out of town. That failure to show up by the police, was my saving grace on that day. Yes sir, it was.

To this day, I keep in a drawer several 9mm shell casings that I picked up while still warm, from the bank floor as I made my way out. Those shell casings remind me to ALWAYS be courteous to men wearing expensive business suits.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
Jakumo:
I was seated in the hallway of a Nigerian bank one Thursday afternoon many moons ago, awaiting my turn to grovel for a bank loan with the manager, whose office was located facing the bank vault, at the end of the narrow passageway lined with chairs, where I sat reading the morning paper.

Being somewhat tall, I had to angle my legs to one side when various banking officials needed to get past on their way to and from the manager's office. One of the officials dressed in a sharp business suit stopped briefly to shake my hand, and exchange greetings.

In a few moments I would learn that my impeccably dressed friend, dapper in the tailored grey business suit, was in fact the Vice Chairman of a silently infiltrating armed robbery delegation already positioned throughout the banking hall, and poised for the order to deploy.

My new acquaintance strolled off, and I had briefly returned to reading my newspaper, when something caught my eye beside the accountant's desk that sat on a raised platform adjacent to the hallway in which I awaited my interview with the bank manager.

A banking official, as I presumed, dressed in a crimson red business suit and tie, had been chatting quietly at the accountants desk, when he stood up from his chair, pulled aside his jacket, produced a massive black semi-automatic pistol, and in a booming military voice, commanded all in the bank to assume the felony-prone position FLAT on the ground, NOW !! The bank fell silent. Compliance with the surprise directive was total, unquestioning, and instantaneous.

The loading of cash from the vault commenced right away. Brand new Ghana-Must-Go plastic weave bags had been brought in by the gang for the cash reallocation exercise. Loading of currency into the bags, and then out to the waiting getaway vehicles, was carried out with remarkable speed by bank employees and customers working feverishly at gunpoint, while the gang scanned the exits.

The robbers, all similarly dressed in expensive 3-piece business suits, had that morning casually mingled with bank employees BEHIND the counter, by posing as customers with various detailed inquiries involving purported large sums of money. Right after their red-suited Boss Man unveiled his handgun for the honest world to see in that banking hall, his bellowed announcement of temporary regime change, was repeated by other members of the gang, who simultaneously produced an assortment of pistols and sub-machine-guns from beneath their business suit jackets.

When the vault was empty and well over a dozen extremely heavy bags of cash dragged out to the waiting vehicles, a few customers including myself were herded into the air tight vault, moments before sustained gunfire erupted in the banking hall, reverberating outside in the parking lot of the bank as well.

Unsure of whether the shooters had left or were dead in a fire-fight with responding police teams, myself and other impromptu vault residents waited for a good long time, before emerging tentatively from the emptied bank vault, with our ears still ringing from the boom of indoor gunfire, yet feeling oddly euphoric to have survived the tempest in one piece.

The police station was 100 meters from the bank, but they never showed up until the smoke cleared, and the cannonade of automatic rifle barrages had safely faded out of town. That failure to show up by the police, was my saving grace on that day. Yes sir, it was.

To this day, I keep in a drawer several 9mm shell casings that I picked up while still warm, from the bank floor as I made my way out. Those shell casings remind me to ALWAYS be courteous to men wearing expensive business suits.
your English is good

11 Likes

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
when robber once visited my neigbourhood. very frightening as in dead of the night, i keep hearing intermintent sound of gunshots. fortunately they didnt enter the compound where i live but the one directly opposite us was not so lucky as the thieves beat them ruthlessly before robbing them of numerous valuables.
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by stacyadams: 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Jakumo:

Your use of English reminds me of Tedero bag well

6 Likes

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Gudiza(m): 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
^^Story sounds fake though.
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by uvie66: 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ogademo1:
your English is good
I concur, one of the best write-up I have read on this forum. Your diction is excellent.

3 Likes

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by onward4life(m): 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ogademo1:
your English is good

English taskforce agent!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by fait10(m): 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
booked
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by osamz007: 11:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
Mah pay 1month rent
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Passionate888: 1:31am On Jun 24, 2020
stacyadams:

Your use of English reminds me of Tedero bag well
Theodore 'T-Bag' Bagwell.
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by chariisGRACE(m): 6:38am On Jun 24, 2020
One hot afternoon, I was trekking on the Slaughter/Woji Bridge here in Port Harcourt when I sighted two cultists from afar. My mind was telling me to cross to the other lane "common nothing dey happen" was what I was telling myself.

When I approached them, they rounded me up and this conversation followed:
"Aboy how e dey be"
I replied "no shaking senior man"
Them: Find us 2H there make we enter YKC.
Me; Senior like this like this eeh, nothing come out o. I no hold bar here.
Them: "Make we see your phone"
Me: [I]smiling sheepishly[/I] "Senior man if na my phone you dey find, e no go comat"
Them: "You dey kirays? you want make we offload you from this bridge (throwing me into the river).

I think my name should be added in the Guinness Book of records, because the kind speed I carry comot there eeh? e take them like 1min before they realized I was gone.

We still see each other tho.

I have not encountered any successful robbery.
If na death dey hungry you, come steal for my crib.

6 Likes

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by chatinent: 10:02am On Jun 25, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2020
grin
onward4life:

English taskforce agent!
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by RuggedSniper: 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

So back when I was in junior school, my mum and I were the only ones at home. My Dad worked in another state and my elder brothers were all in school(boarding and uni).

Our house is a one storey building. The top was uncompleted and we lived below the deck. Our generator was on top(the uncompleted part) and wired down where we live. I went to put off the Gen at 8 pm, suddenly some dudes accousted me on my way. We live in a remote part of town and not many houses and people are around, so I was surprised by their sudden appearance. My mum was at the kitchen so she heard me shout and was concerned, but as soon as she stepped out they grabbed her as they did me and pushed both of us in.

They were about 4 or 5. Unmasked. They asked first for the phones, then they took my mum in and asked for her jewelries. We newly acquired a sienna, and they were asking for the papers. But they also took our provisions(Bournvita, milk, maltina and stuffs like that) and also some twenty twenty naira I have been saving, so it's kinda hard to tell what class of thieves they were.

There was a particular one of them th
ey called OC (officer in command), I recognized him. He came around earlier that week, trying to buy eggs from us (we owned a poultry). Our compound was unfenced so any one could just stroll in. We attended to him through the window and we told him we sell in bulk and not a single crate as he wanted. He soon said he wanted 8 crates. Strange right? We told him we had customers who had booked already, before he threw in the towel. My mum and I thought it wise not to go out that day anymore. Until later that week the idiot visited us with the same shirt on.

So there I was, lying flat in the sitting room, OC balanced in front of the TV (as the boss he is) watching WWE, while his boys ransacked the whole house and took whatever they thought valuable, soon, me sef join OC follow dey watch WWE for where I dey. After about an hour, they came to tie me up, they had tied my mum up in side too. And then took their leave and fled with the car.

We managed to untie ourselves and raised alarm in the neighborhood. See mummy waking me up to go to school the next morning, for where! But till this day, my mum and I have a strong feeling one of our neighbors was involved.

If you're amongst those who came over that night, how's your life going now? Has it been miserable? If so, please gist me

^^^ I'm so happy your mum was not brutally raped in your presense or when your dad was around by those bastards! Padita Agu in a recent YouTube video said she was violated at only 15 years of age by robbers at home... and it left her mentally stressed for a long time.
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
RuggedSniper:
^^^ I'm so happy your mum was not brutally raped in your presense or when your dad was around by those bastards! Padita Agu in a recent YouTube video said she was violated at only 15 years of age by robbers at home... and it left mentally stressed for a long time.
Not that it can't happen o. But my mum was close to 50 then and these were young boys(in their 20's). I wouldn't lie, the thought did come up at the time but in retrospect, probability will be low.

1 Like

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by MiamiePizza(m): 12:04am On Jun 26, 2020
Mine happened some years back in The Bahamas. I and my cousin went to a carnival at Nautica, west bay street Nassau. We where having a good time until past 2am when my cousin told me we gotta be going home. I really don't wanna go 'cause I know its pretty dangerous walking home at that odd hour. We left for home notwithstanding, and 'bout 10mins of walking we saw four guys before us. They look dangerous
my cousin pulled me and we made a turn(now walking to the opposite directing) but saw another set of angry looking guys...(sh!t, we've been bracket)

They came close to us, demanded for our valuables. I was with a crossed bag that night, my cousin wasn't with a bag so all attention was on me.
The tried taking the bag from me but I refused. They where with weapons( knifes and some edge weapons) but I refused letting go of the bag. Don't be surprised I grew up in Lucaya I've seen and faced street gangs from little. Ever heard of the saying Pretty on the outside, ghetto in the inside? that's Lucaya. Was raised in the ghetto of Lucaya.

I received lotta resounding slaps but I managed to escape with a lil knife injury. I've fought off street thieves in Lagos lotta time too.

1 Like

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by RuggedSniper: 12:07am On Jun 26, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Not that it can't happen o. But my mum was close to 50 then and these were young boys(in their 20's). I wouldn't lie, the thought did come up at the time but in retrospect, probability will be low.
@Tadeknkeepcalm, Everyone has to be security conscious to avoid these situations. Foreign male and female house keepers and security men have also robbed/killed their employers and ran away to their countries. Background checks of potential employees are a must. All the best.
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Lastmankc(m): 12:17am On Jun 26, 2020
Jakumo:

You write flawlessly

3 Likes

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by RuggedSniper: 11:43am On Jun 26, 2020
Jakumo:

^^^Just like you, I've learned to be courteous to people in public by using EmotionaI lntelligence. You can never tell who has a gun or knife on him or her in a road rage or something... glad you survived the hair-raising bank robbery. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
Didn't you report the robbery to the police?
Tadeknkeepcalm:

There was a particular one of them they called OC (officer in command), I recognized him. He came around earlier that week, trying to buy eggs from us (we owned a poultry). Our compound was unfenced so any one could just stroll in. We attended to him through the window and we told him we sell in bulk and not a single crate as he wanted. He soon said he wanted 8 crates. Strange right? We told him we had customers who had booked already, before he threw in the towel. My mum and I thought it wise not to go out that day anymore. Until later that week the idiot visited us with the same shirt on.

Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
You can say that again.
Ogademo1:
your English is good
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Didn't you report the robbery to the police?
We did.
Re: Share OMG Robbery Experiences You Witnessed by Jadmchris(m): 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Jakumo:

Wish am good like you are in expressing my thoughts..nice piece

(1) (Reply)

How Man Allegedly Strangled His Neighbor's Wife In Attempt To Rape Her In Benue / Irate Youths Set Dangote’s Truck Ablaze Over Accident That Claimed 9 Wedding Gue / Breaking News:bandits Attack Army Checkpoint Close To Zuma Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.