Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary (2172 Views)

My New Neighbor’s Wife By Naijassador .....update 1 / Bittersweet Wife - By Adelaide Clara Asamoah / The Christian Wife - Episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 12:17am On Jun 21, 2020
THE CHRISTIAN WIFE
EPISODE 1

Written By: Talabi Mary Ayodeji

“Don’t tell me what to think!”

“It’s just three months to our wedding and you are here telling me of some family tradition to be done before the wedding takes place.”

Sarah said amidst tears. Broken and shaken, she sat on the cushion besides her husband-to-be dejectedly.

After some minutes she moved to the sit directly opposite her and turned her face so she wouldn’t have to see his face.

She remembered how joyful she had felt the day she called to inform her parents that Cole had proposed marriage to her.

She had asked him of anything and everything about his family that she should know. Surprisingly he had become offensive and told her, “My family may not be a devoted Christian family like yours. But we sure don’t have any secret idol we worship. There is no secret to hide. And you are very safe”. She wondered if he had lied to her then.

“I didn’t lie to you Sarah. And I did not try to hide anything from you.” Cole’s words jolted her back to reality. Give it to him to read her mind and decipher what she’s thinking. That’s one of the many things she loved about him.

She wished he couldn’t read her so plainly like that at this moment.

“Remember I just came back from seeing my mother just last weekend. She called me to come home urgently because she wanted to discuss something important.”

“Yes and I told you to tender my apologies to her for not accompanying you.” Sarah remembered the text message he sent to her on that day.

Putting his hand through his hair using his left hand, he did not seem happy. He does that only when he’s nervous about something.

Taking a deep sigh, he stood and went to the window, staring outside at nothing in particular.

After a while, he turned back to her spilling the news.

“It was actually a meeting with my parents, our eldest uncle in the family and his wife. They said that It’s time for the usual rites to take place before any wedding. According to their calculation, the rites for any incoming wife should be done within the next two weeks. It is the custom that she is not told of it until when it’s time.

So, you see, I was also kept in the dark. I do have the right to be angry and frustrated just as you do”

Sarah felt sorry for misjudging him. But before she could say a word, Cole continued.

“In my family shrine, there is a special rite that must be conducted for any new wife to be wedded into the family. She won’t be accepted into the family as a wife if the rites are not performed for her.

I was told that this is usually done to enable the spirit of fertility to rest upon the lady, so she won’t be barren.”

Sarah immediately felt weak and numb as though she were going to faint. She wished the ground could open and swallow her up.

What has happened to her fiancé?

Who has deceived her ever-vibrant Cole?

How many times has she admired the way he speaks the scriptures? Countless!!!

What has happened to him whose prayers does miracles?

What has blinded the truth from his eyes?

In a low voice she said to him, “Are you saying the wedding is cancelled? It’s just three months away!”

“No Sarah. All I am saying is that you should come along with me to the village so the rites can be performed.”

“God forbids it. Over my dead body will any such be done on me.”

“Calm down honey. We both know that we are meant for each other, right?”

Tears rolled down Sarah's cheeks freely.  Her marital life with Cole and how they met each other was amazing. God surely played a big role in it. It’s still a testimony to her. God had sent Cole to her at a time in her life when she really needed him.

“Obeying the tradition doesn’t mean that you are going to bow to their god. It means just obeying tradition. Tradition and custom cannot be replaced because they are for our own good.”

Sarah stared at her husband, dumbfounded.

“What has light got to do with darkness? Nothing Cole. Absolutely nothing. It is God who makes one fruitful and gives children. He has been leading us all this while, let Him take full charge. Let Jesus be the center and head of this marriage.”

“I know and agree with you. Jesus is still leading us. But custom and tradition needs to be done. All that is needed now is for you to go and do as it has always been done so it can be as it has always been for us. I wouldn’t want you to barren in my home.”

The words rang out of Cole and I looked up from where I was seated on.

“What if I stand my ground and not go for the rites?”

“Uh… Erm… Then I don’t know what may happen to US…”

Episode 2 comes next.

What would your advice to Sarah be?

Should she go for the rites or lose her marriage to Cole?

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 6:13am On Jun 22, 2020
THE CHIRSTIAN WIFE
Episode 2

Everything was going fine until she received a phone call early in the morning on Friday as she was dressing up for work.
Her hands shook as she saw the name that appeared on the screen of her phone.

My mother-in-love.

She must be calling to find out the reason she had not gone for the rites Cole talked about.
“Mummy! Ekaaro ma. How was your night ma?” Sarah said while trying to apply the Mary Kay Foundation she just got from the last fashion trade fair she had attended.

“I slept well, my dear. How are the preparations going at your side there? I got the clothes you sent. Thank you o”

Sarah blushed. “Mu-mm-y. Anything for you ma. You are already a second mother to me. It’s my duty as a daughter to take care of you.”

“You have done well, my daughter. That reminds me, when will you be coming here for the special rites? My son must have told you everything. You know time is not on our side again.”

The color drained from her face.

“Erm. Actually, Cole discussed with me and I made it clear to him that I don’t think I can go for the rites. We should keep our faith in the Living God ma.”

“My daughter, I won’t lie to you. I did more than you are doing during my own time. But eventually I had to give in because I don’t want any tradition to come between me and my husband. To the glory of God, things went fine, and I had 3 amazing children. So, you see, there is no harm in it. If I as a deaconess in my church can do it, then you have nothing to worry about.”

Her eyebrows rose. It had never occurred to her that her mother-in-law must have partaken in the rites before she was able to get married.

“I have heard you mummy. I will pray about it.”

The laughter of her mother-in-law echoed over the phone.

“You children of nowadays that are just getting saved are proving to be more spiritual than your parents that have spent many years serving God. Must everything be prayed about?”

Sarah almost felt the urge to remind her mother-in-law of the part of the Scripture that says we should be anxious for nothing but pray about everything.

“Anyway, pray and be fast about it. There’s only a week and few days left for the special rites to be done. I hope you do remember he is my only son. I’ll leave you now so you can get ready for work. I will be expecting you here very soon.”

“Okay mummy. My regards to everyone at home.”

The rest of the day was a battle for her at work. Her concentration was gone immediately Mummy Cole dropped the call in the morning.

Her voice gave her away on the phone.

Sarah had called her parents to inform them that she would be coming over for the weekend. Her mummy, fondly called as Mumsy by her children, was quick to sense that something was wrong with her.

As she drove over to her parents’ house, she thought back to the discussion she had with Cole. Although they had communicated after then, the communication has been strained. It must be taking much of him to not bring it up again.

How long would it be before he asked her again?

The journey to her parents’ house was beginning to look like a long one. It is usually a one hour-thirty minutes’ drive.

As Sarah drove along the streets of Epe, she called out to greet the women owners of the shops in the streets who knew her. Well, almost all the trader in the street knew her.

“My daughter will do no such thing!” Sarah’s mum, Beatrice, had said after Sarah narrated the matter to her and her husband. Akin.

“Daddy Sarah, can you imagine? When we met the parents of Cole at the introduction of our children, I saw the shadow of darkness hanging around. I just couldn’t place my finger on what was wrong.”

Lost in thought, daddy Sarah did not give his wife a reply to all what she was saying.

Sarah broke into tears while her mum kept on talking.

“Do you know that my very good friend, Mrs. Clement? She fell victim of tradition many years ago. She confided in me during one of our talks.

She was told that she needed to get pregnant before she could marry her first fiancé then. At first, she hesitated but finally gave in.

Her husband refused to marry her when she got pregnant. He claimed he needed to test the product he was buying and since he did not like it, there will be no wedding.

All of my friend’s pleas fell on deaf ears despite that she was already two months pregnant. It was God who brought Mr. Clement her way.”

Sarah’s eyes widened. She looked at her father hoping to get some soothing word to the fear that is already building up in her.

“Sarah, you don’t need to worry. God will take control. Remember, when all is not making any sense to you, go back to God. Go back to reconfirm what you’ve heard.
It’s the Lord’s battle. Let Him fight it.”

Episode 3 comes next.
What do you think of what Sarah’s mother-in-law said?
Must everything be prayed about?

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by oyinella(f): 10:37am On Jun 22, 2020
Yes! everything should and must be parted about. Beautiful story

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
oyinella:
Yes! everything should and must be prayed about. Beautiful story

Hmnn. Everything must be prayed about.

Thank you Onyinella for your submission.
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Missmossy(f): 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Nice story keep the updates coming smiley

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 4:32am On Jun 23, 2020
Missmossy:
Nice story keep the updates coming smiley

Always ready to serve you. cheesy

Thank you for reading.
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 4:38am On Jun 23, 2020
THE CHISTIAN WIFE
Episode 4

"Erm… Cole. I have decided to go with you. Can we make it this weekend to go for the special rites? You know, time is not on our side "

Sarah blurted before she lost the courage to do so.

Cole’s face lightened up with smile.

“Thank you, Sarah. I will call mummy to let her know we will be coming this weekend. They can begin to make every necessary preparation for the special rite.” Cole said, raising hands to heaven showing appreciation and singing.

“I’m glad you were finally able to make this decision. It was not supposed to be a tough decision as you can see. I was beginning to think I would lose you.”

“Anything for you, Cole. I have accepted it is a sacrifice I have to pay for our marriage. And I am fully ready to pay it.” Sarah said convincingly.

Maybe she was trying to convince herself rather than convince Cole. Her mind began to drift away from the conversation they were having.

She couldn’t concentrate any longer.

She wasn’t even listening to whatever her husband-to-be was saying any longer.

She needed to go home.

Cole kept on talking about how his day had gone and how happy and sure he was that God led them to each other. For the sake of Cole, she forced herself to put on smiles. She didn’t want him to worry about her or ask what’s wrong with her.

She has no idea as to what is wrong with her too.

It must be a slight headache, she had thought.

After they had eaten their food and talked for a while, Sarah apologized and pleaded that Cole should drop her off earlier than planned.

Two days has passed since Sarah agreed to go for the special rites. She still can’t shake off the bad feeling that surface that day at the restaurant.

They had agreed to leave for the village very early as seven (7) o’clock the next to avoid traffic.

She kept consoling herself by telling her subconsciousness that her going for the traditional rites is a sacrifice she must pay for her marriage with Cole.

Afterall, it was God who led them to each other.

What if the sacrifice is too much to pay?

What if she doesn’t to pay such sacrifice?

While the thoughts kept coming to her, she fell asleep on the cushion and had a dream.

Sarah was in a garden tendering and caring for a special plant. The way she moved and watered the plant was with expertise as though the plant was made for her.

Within a twinkle of an eye, she was in a bondage of chains and being sent out of the garden by a strong man. She couldn’t see his face as he was so huge.

Turning her face back to her plant, she saw Cole also tied down to a spot. His look was trying to tell her that he wished to free her, but he has no power to fight that strong man.

The man kept pushing her out till she was out of the garden.

Before the strong man could lock the gate of the garden, Cole shouted loud enough for Sarah to him, “Sarah, you can’t fight him on your own. He will kill you.”

COLE

It’s unlike Sarah to be late for an appointment.

Three hours has gone past the time she and Cole had agreed to go for the traditional rites and she hasn’t shown up.

I have tried calling her number, but it is not going through.

What may be wrong with her?

Episode 5 comes next.

I need to ask you a question.

“Is there any sacrifice too much to be paid for one’s marriage.”

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by oyinella(f): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2020
hmm, I hope Sarah doesn't get through with the ritual
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 5:22am On Jun 25, 2020
encircling2:
more
� � �

Coming
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 5:24am On Jun 25, 2020
oyinella:

I really do hope so too oo.

Let's find out. cheesy
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Ann2012(f): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2020
Interesting
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
oyinella:

Let's find out together wink
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2020
Ann2012:
Interesting

Thank youu smiley

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 9:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
THE CHISTIAN WIFE
Episode 5

Sarah woke up from her sleep abruptly. Taking a look at the wall clock dangling on the wall, she saw it was thirty minutes past ten o’clock in the morning. It dawned on her that she overslept. She had tuned the settings of her alarm to not ring on weekend days.

Her mouth opened wide as she saw a light come up on her phone as a notification of a new incoming message.

Twenty-eight missed calls and ten messages. All were from Cole.

Sarah, are you okay? Why are you not picking your calls?

Please be fast. We are running late. I’ll be waiting for you.

Please tell me what the problem is. My mum has been calling.

What is going on Sarah? Have you changed your mind?

Are you serious about this marriage?

She put off the light from her phone hoping she will call him later. He must be very angry right now and she is not in the mood to deal with his questions.

What excuse did she want to give for waking up from her night sleep at 10:30 am the next morning?

She had put her phone on silent to avoid disturbances from her sleep and now, she was three hours late. She and Cole were supposed to go to the village for the special rites today.

Remembering the dream, terror overtook her face as she tried to wonder what that dream meant.

Bing. Bing. Bing. Her phone rang.

“Hi mummy!”

“Sarah, can you come over today? I and your father need to discuss something very important with you. I had a dream. We will be expecting you.”

“I’ll be there very soon.”

Is God trying to tell her something?

If not, He wouldn’t give her and her mummy the same dream overnight. She had barely sat down at home when her mummy mentioned again that she had a dream.

By the time her mum had finished saying the dream she had, realization dawned on her that it is the same dream she had. It then occurred to her the reason she has been having an odd and scary feeling to go for the special rites. She knew deep down in her heart that she ought to not go for the rites.

But how else was she supposed to get married to Cole if she did not go?

Cole had said it all. Also, his mum made it clear the last time she called that the rites are very important to their family. Being the only son of his parents, they would go at any length even if it meant marrying another wife for Cole.

She looked on as her mum stood up to go get her Bible from the room she shared with her father. Her mum had always been the prayer warrior of the house.

It was her mum’s prayer that had brought her back to the Lord seven years ago when she strayed away. Her mum never saw that her only daughter was drinking, smoking and sleeping around with different men.

All her mother saw then was the devil trying to get her daughter. She would spend several days and nights on her knees praying for her dear daughter to find her way back to God.

And God’s mercy did find her and brought her back home.

The words of a book Sarah read came back to her as she sat down in the living room of her parents. The last book she read was authored by Priscilla Shirer.

“We don’t have the luxury of playing nice with prayer. Not if we want to be free from whatever it is that keeps us held back and held down. Not if we want our husbands and children living out what God has called them to do and be and become.”

Pray.

Sarah felt the urge to pray.

“Don’t just sit down there and be thinking of prayer, Sarah. You want to pray, then, start praying.” Her father’s words triggered her.

She stood up and brought out the scarf she’d kept in her handbag and tied it on her head. Just then, her mother came in to join them stretching out her hands to Sarah and her father so they could hold hands.

“Sarah, it’s high time you start fighting back. You know, the enemy has come too close and we need to send him back.”

“Yes, and you can only send him away from your place of prayer.”

Sarah nodded her head affirmatively at her parents and said, “It’s time for war.”

The sound of her phone ringing caught her attention.

Cole.

The name stared at her blankly.

Sarah saw the frown on her mum’s face and bent down to switch off her phone.

It is time for war.

Episode 6 comes next.

When do you draw the battle line with the enemy?

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by lahrra(f): 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
Waiting earnestly for the next episode.
Thanks Op for the update.
I hope everything turn out fine for sarah.
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Ann2012(f): 5:03am On Jun 26, 2020
Sarah will win in the end....

Thanks for the update
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 6:50am On Jun 29, 2020
THE CHRISTIAN WIFE
Episode 6

The longing look on Sarah's face as she switched off her phone did not escape her father's notice as they all stood together to pray in the parlour. It was becoming evident that Sarah loved Cole very much.

"It is time for WAR" her mother said without an iota of doubt.

Her father took over, "Our prayer is not against Cole neither is it against his parents.

Ephesians 6 verse 12 says that our wrestle is not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Take the enemy back to where he belongs and that is under your foot.

Now let's pray."

The rest of the day and the next was spent praying at her parents' house. She has never felt so charged up in prayer the way she felt goosebumps at their place. It is during times like this that she is most grateful for the gift of parents.

She whisphered as she raised her heads up, "Thank you for the gift of parents".

Her mum had ensured that no food touched her mouth until evening after they had another round of prayer.

It was after she had finished eating her food the following day that she remembered to put on her phone. Cole would have been trying her number and must be getting worried. She had not even explained to him the reason she was unable to go for the rited.

Cole picked up the phone on the second ring.

" You are just thinking it right to call me today after you put everyone of my family standing thinking you will make it for the rites.

So what is your excuse?" Cole said.

He didn't even bother to say a word of greeting, Sarah thought.

She then prayed silently for God to touch his heart and take control before she spoke.

"I had a dream, Cole. I will explain better to you when we see. I just put on my phone.

By the way, how are you?"

"I am in the hospital. My elder sister, Aunty Sayo, called me this morning. Her 2-year old baby is very sick."

"What! Sick?... A 2-year old baby?..."

"In fact, the doctor could not diagnose the sickness. Noone can say exactly what is wrong with her.

It's been so exhausting and tiring."

Sarah heard a shout in the background before Cole hurriedly told her, 'We will talk later."

"The special rites rites is for your own good. It will make you fruitful and keep every evil or sickness away from your children." The words of her mother-in-law came back to her.

Could it be that the rites has failed in its potency?

Episode 7 comes next.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 5:35am On Jun 30, 2020
THE CHRISTIAN WIFE
Episode 7

Writtem By: Talabi Mary Ayodeji

The rest of her day went swiftly that she forgot to put anything to her mouth throughout her day at the office. Her mind kept wandering to the baby in the hospital.

Sarah was already on her way out of the house immediately she dropped the call with her husband-to-be the day before.

It would take her not later than 6 hours to get to the hospital from her parents' house where she had spent her weekend.

There was no way her parents could allow her to go as it was already getting late. She had made up her mind to go to the hospital immediately she closed from work the next day.

"Will you permit to share the good news I have with you?" The sound of her colleague friend, Sade, brought her back to reality.

The smile on Sade's face went wide when she saw that she had gotten the attention of her friend.

"Over the weekend, I was invited for a Bible Study with some other women. So, I gave my life to Christ last weekend." She said and colors spread to her cheeks.

With her hands covering her mouth, Sarah went straight to hug her friend where she sat.
"Awwww… Finally! I am so happy for you, Sade. My everyday prayers have been answered at last."

"But while I was in the midst of those women, some married, something changed within me. It was as though an heavy burden was lifted from my heart.

I forgave my husband for every of his wrongdoings towards I and our baby girl. I also felt led to text him, letting him know that I have forgiven him. I no longer hold any grudges against him."

The tears flowed freely on Sade's cheeks. She mumbled something and accepted the handkerchief Sarah passed to her. She continued.

" I learnt a lot of my mistakes and also told him to forgive me. Through he did not reply me, I know I have released and forgiven him from the depth of my heart."

As Sarah drove to the hospital she prayed silently for her friend.

Father, please take care of Sade and her daughter.

Immediately she entered the hospital, she sighted Cole where he he sat with his sister and her husband. Waving a hand to the receptionist on duty, she went straight to them.

No words could come out of her mouth as she stared at the grief in the little child's parents' eyes. Different tubes were connected to the baby as she slept peacefully on the bed. Her face who used to be once cheerful and full of life is now grimacing in pain.

A little girl, she thought.

Pray wth them!

She recognized the voice immediately it spoke to her standing in the hospital room.

"Who would be willing to pray in the midst of this pain egulfing everyone? How could she even think of prayer?"

She shook the thoughts away and said a word of prayer in her heart.

"Who is the mother of the child?" A nurse said.

Everybody stood up at once to answer her. "No! Only the mother. The doctor wants to see the parents of the child." She said and walked briskly back to the office she came out from expecting the mother to follow her.

The rest of us sat down back slowly. Only the father remained standing, pacing the hallway.

Everybody stood up again and waited to know what the doctor had said as the sound of the door is heard.

Mrs. Akinlabi, the mother of the child only shook her head and looked straight at her husband.

"The doctor siad we should carry her away since they are unable to diagnose her illness."

"To where?!"

Episode 8 comes next.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Ann2012(f): 6:12am On Jun 30, 2020
Sarah should pray for the little girl she'll be OK

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 2:47am On Jul 02, 2020
THE CHRISTIAN WIFE
Episode 8

"The doctor siad we should carry her away since they are unable to diagnose her illness." Mrs. Akinlabi said as soon as she was out of the doctor's office. Tears were shimmering in her eyes and they fell on their own volition.

"To where?!"

"He said that my baby...Ife...Ife...should be taken to a native doctor." She said finally.

Sooner had the words left Mrs Akinlabi's mouth that the entrance door flew open suddenly with a force and Cole's parents bursted in. Without an iota of patience in Cole's mother, she stopped to ask the reception. She had not said a word before Mrs. Akinlabi shouted to her mother.

"M-o-m! You lied...to me!" Crying profusely, Mrs Akinlabi shouted from the waiting room that they all were.

Cole's mother sprinted towards her daughter immediately her eyes scanned the hospital to know where her daughter's voice rang from. Fear gripped her.

"M-o-m! You lied...to...me!" Mrs. Akinlabi said again, not willing to keep quiet.

Her husband tried to hush her and guided her to her seat but she refused. She fought her husband with her hands as he kept leading her to the chair. Cole had to assist him as she wasn't willing to keep quiet.

Confused as to what she may have lied about, Cole's mother stood abruptly and helplessly in front of daughter. She took a long hard look at her before putting her arms around her. The wails of Mrs Akinlabi filled the waiting room.

She took hold of her daughter's by the arm, shook her and said, "What do you mean by that?"

"I never wanted to go for those rites but you insisted. You said the rites were performed to make a wife fertile.

Mum! You told me it will keep my children from sickness and death. But now, my little Ifeoluwa is lying down inside and the doctor do not have any idea as to what is wrong with her."

Confused, Cole's mother said nothing but kept on pleading with her child.

Sarah watched on.

What could be going on?

Has the rites failed them?

"Mama, my child must not die o."
The angry voice of Mrs Akinlabi's husband shook everybody in the room.

Nobody was concerned about the stares they were getting from other visitors and the nurses any longer.

Nobody noticed Sarah had left them in the waiting room to go into the ward where the little Ifeoluwa was. She was beginning to not take it anymore.

She sat on the chair beside the bed and took the child's hand. Her hands were cold and lifeless.

Not knowing what else to do, she began to sing.

There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
To break every chain, to break every chain.

Sarah kept on singing while holding the little Ifeoluwa's hand. By now, she was on her knees.

As she sang the next song, the room opened suddenly. They stopped talking at once anf stood at the entrance as though they had saw something.

Sarah's voice held more power as she sang oblivious to the entrance of the other family members.

Ko s'agbara to dabi ti Jesu (There is no power as that of Jesus)
Ko s'aggara to dabi ti Baba (There is no power as that of the Father)
Ko s'agbara to dabi ti Jesu (There is no power as that of Jesus)
Agbara, agbara, agbara to ju agbara lo. (Power that is greater all other powers.)

Hearing not only her voice singing, Sarah opened her eyes to see that everybody has joined in singing. They linked hands together and kept on singing.

Ko s'oruko to dabi ti Jesu (There is no name as powerful as the name of Jesus)
Ko s'orukoa to dabi ti Baba (There is no name as powerful as the name of the Father)
Ko s'oruko to dabi ti Jesu (There is no name as powerful as the name of Jesus)
Oruko, oruko, oruko to ju agbara lo (Name that is above every other name.)

Episode 9 comes next.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
Nice series....let me sit here

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Ann2012(f): 1:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
I believe the baby will be fine

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 5:04am On Jul 09, 2020
THE CHISTIAN WIFE
Episode 9

\Written By: Talabi Mary Ayodeji

The atmosphere in the hospital room changed. A gentle breeze swept over the wardroom. Spreading its gentleness across the room, it also carried a special warmth and feeling that engulfed everyone in the room.

Ko s’oruko to dabi ti Jesu…

The song rang and echoed in the wardroom where they were.

Who is that? A faint voice whispered, struggling to be heard despite the singing going on the room. Obviously, the song woke the old woman up from her deep sleep.

Sarah immediately began praying in the spirit. It wasn’t long before Cole joined her. It was as if a current passed through him and he immediately started praying.

When had he prayed in this manner last? From the time when his mother had told him about the rites that needed to be performed, he had avoided prayer like a plague. He did not feel confident enough to even study the Scriptures. He had also stopped speaking with his prayer accountability partner.
But in that moment in the wardroom, he felt the surge.
He felt the fire rekindled in him.
Rising from the kneeling position he was, he spoke with his eyes that they all interlock hands.
After they had prayed for a while, the doctor came in to remind them that they were in a hospital room. As the doctor turned to leave, the old woman who shared the ward room with Ifeoluwa called out to him.
“Doctor!” She said faintly.
The doctor couldn’t believe his ears. He moved towards her to confirm it the old woman who spoke.
“How are you today, mama?” He asked, though, he wasn’t expecting an answer.
She smiled at him. “I don’t know yet. But I think I am better.”
She spoke again.
His jaw dropped.

He wouldn’t have believed if anyone had told him that the woman smiling at him was the same woman who was brought in unconsciously three (3) weeks. She had not opened her eyes nor regain consciousness for the past three (3) weeks she has been in the hospital.

He was only waiting for the approval of her son to stop treatment for her.

But she spoke and smiled at him.

Still trying to process the healing of the old woman, he called a nurse to attend to her.

Joy and laughter filled the room when the doctor announced that Ifeoluwa is medically okay and whatever illness she had has suddenly left her.

Sarah and Mrs. Akinlabi enveloped each other with Mrs. Akinlabi shedding uncontrollably tears of joy.

“My little Ifeoluwa can eat and play like before.” Cole’s mother said carrying Ifeoluwa on her laps.

Before they left the hospital, the doctor thanked them.

“I have seen miracles happen before. But I haven’t seen a miracle as this. I mean, I don’t understand how the old woman was brought back to life without having direct contact with any of you.

Truly, there is no name as powerful as the name of Jesus.”

As Sarah turned the knob of her door, her phone beeped.
“I got a text message from my husband saying he is sorry, and he has missed his family. I am so happy he is finally coming home. We talked today at a restaurant.”

A message from Sade.

Episode 10 comes next.
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Ann2012(f): 7:17am On Jul 09, 2020
God is great

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 7:35am On Jul 09, 2020
Ann2012:
God is great

Thanks for the update

Yes ooo. God is truly great

1 Like

Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by aprilwise(m): 9:40am On Jul 09, 2020
Thanks for the update. It's an interesting story
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by zika19(f): 10:22am On Jul 09, 2020
There is much power in the name Jesus. Thanks for the update.
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Dacaller: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2020
oruko NLA oruko JESUS....thanks for stirring up my prayer life.... pls upload soob
Re: The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary by Oluwamarytalabi(f): 6:37am On Jul 25, 2020
THE CHISTIAN WIFE

Episode 10

It’s been five (5) years since that day at the hospital. Cole’s parents called for a family meeting immediately they got back home after spending some days with Mr. & Mrs. Akinlabi. As soon as everybody including Cole was present at their living room, Cole’s father took the floor.

“I greet you all my elders of this family. I also greet every of my children present here. I do not want you to start wondering the reason this family meeting is called for.” He uttered.

Several nods were seen coming from the other family members. Cole looked sideways to his elder brother and sister sitting beside him to see if they knew something he did not know.

Cole’s father continued;

“Forty (40) years ago, I stood before you all, except my children obviously, to express my desire to get married. I was informed of the tradition of the special rites. Olori ebi (head of the family) made me to understand that the rites were to protect and shield every of our children from sickness and sudden death.

My wife went for the special rites. Truly, none of children fell sick. Upon realizing that the rites were good, we passed same to our children.”

Before he could continue speaking, the olori ebi exclaimed, “You did it well. And that is how it should be.”

Cole’s father looked round at the faces of his family members.

“Just last week, our little Ifeoluwa of Mr. & Mrs. Akinlabi was very sick.”

The murmurs that followed were loud enough for Cole’s father to hear but he continued speaking.

“The doctor couldn’t diagnose her sickness and suggested we take her away from the hospital.

When the special rites failed in its potency, just when we had all feared that we will lose her, the power in the blood of Jesus took control. Today, our girl is hale and hearty.”

“Today, I have come to say just as Joshua proclaimed 2000 years ago that As for me and my family, we will serve and love the Lord wholeheartedly.

By the power in the blood of Jesus, Cole and Sarah’s wedding will be taking place. Sarah shall not go for any special rites.”

“That was how the strange tradition and special rites were stopped never to be heard of. Surely there was enough ranting when Cole’s father declared that Cole and Sarah shall be wedded without the special rites.” Old man grinned at the little children before him who were listening attentively to the story.

“But Old man, did Sarah and Cole have any child together?” A teenage boy asked out of curiosity.

Old man laughed and replied him;

“God opened Sarah’s womb five (5) years after their wedding with a baby girl and a set of twins two years.”

“Waaaaoooooo.”

“Old man, you did not say anything about Sarah’s colleague, Sade. Did she get married to another man?”

“Well…” he started.

“Sade’s husband came back home and reconciled with his wife and daughter.”

“The power of a praying woman cannot be under-estimated in the lives of Sarah and Cole.”

“Yes! Yes! I agree with you, Tolu.”

***The End***

To my readers, thank you thank you thank you for reading. Thank y ou following.

Have you learnt something from this series, let me know in the comment box.

(1) (Reply)

Toto Pass Toto / Must Read: Adventure With Aunty Caro (18+)part 34 / Ten Choices You Will Regret In 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.