Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread (69691 Views)

Please I Need A Ps3 Jailbreak Urgently In Lagos!!!:( :(:( / Gateway 3ds Card Hacked Nintendo 3DS Roms - 3DS Jailbreak Is Coming / Ps3 Jailbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 27, 2011
PS3 custom firmwares are officially out.

I've been running the "kmeaw" CFW since saturday and it works beautifully. I can back-up my game disks to the hard drive, download and play games and even run games off a flash/external hard drive. No dongles, no bricking, no stress.

I've noticed that most PS owners have no idea that this is possible. I only know 1 other person who has done this and he's charging people.

Has anybody else jailbroken their PS3s? Post your experiences in this thread.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 9:56pm On Jan 27, 2011
A piece of advice for anyone thinking of jailbreaking.

You could probably do it yourself if you have some knowledge of how computers work. But before you try, make sure you properly learn how so you know what you're doing. Be careful, do your homework first!!!! One mistake and your expensive console may never come on again.

If you are not sure how to do it, you're are better off asking an expert. If you live in Lagos, you can contact the guy I mentioned in my last post at lesfuq@yahoo.com

You should be ready to pay some money though. The guy no dey pity person.

1 Like

Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 9:35am On Jan 28, 2011
Sony just updated their official firmware to 3.56. Its a minor update which only seems to block homebrew apps like backup managers.

Jailbreakers are advised not to update yet as they will lose access to their backed up games and won't be able to run homebrew. This means no more PSN or online gaming on jailbroken systems because you'll need to update to the latest firmware before you can log in.

Updated custom firmwares are expected in the next few days. I'll post more news ITT when I get it.

Meanwhile, those who want to update to the official 3.56 are strongly advised to revert to the official 3.55 first. updating from CFW may result in a bricked system (that means it won't come on ever again).
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by texazzpete(m): 9:47am On Jan 30, 2011
I've been running Kmeaw's CFW for well over a week now. Works wonders with Gaia manager
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2011
does this mean i will be buying a ps3 in the not so distant futureĀ  cheesy

i have a wii and playing games off an external hdd is simply the bomb , plus all those console emulation runs

anyone doing the ps3 hack should just make sure he is doing next to a pc with an internet connection - so he has real time access to information and any tools he may have forgotten
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ibro911(m): 8:28am On Jan 31, 2011
Do you play online?
I cant sacrifice my PSN o
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 31, 2011
ibro911:

Do you play online?

for naija it is almost irrelevant. unless your an it admin in a big company, i dunno where you will find the connection with enough bandwidth.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ibro911(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2011
oyb:

for naija it is almost irrelevant. unless your an it admin in a big company, i dunno where you will find the connection with enough bandwidth.
It's called Swift 4G, bro. smiley
It's Swift's new Wi Max service and I play games without lag online. Although, I had even be playing online before they upgraded to WiMax but it was lag-free only at night.
Mobitel has 4G too and I hear that one's also good.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 31, 2011
how much is a swift 4g subscription?
do they have dongle?
do they have DOWNLOAD limits
do they police us warez monkeys

tell me as a user. i'm sure their website says they're the next best thing after sliced bread

thanx

as for mobitel lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed no be nitel offshoot?
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 31, 2011
how big is the modem?

is it portable?

(i) * Services are on a burstable bandwidth basis at different connection ratios.A different price list exists for Dedicated Bandwidth and Enterprise Class Services.

ii) All subscription rates are Exlusive of VAT or any other Taxes, where applicable.

iii) There are no data download limits with SWIFTBROADBAND service plans. yay! cheesy

iv) SWIFT NETWORKS offers 24 X 7 customer support.

v) We must see proof of the provision of a voltage stabilizer before service is activated

vi) All prices are exclusive of the cost of router where needed.

Installation within 3 days.

SEPARATE SERVICE PLAN EXISTS FOR CYBER CAFES.
30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ibro911(m): 10:00am On Jan 31, 2011
Its pretty affordable. I think the modem costs 9k and subscription is 15k per month but I'm not 100% sure. I got a free upgrade to 4G cos I had been a subscriber since. The 24 hour package is 15k per month.
There are two types of modems, a portable one and a fixed one. I use the fixed one. The portable one is basically a modem and a wifi router. Its the size of a router.
No download limits, no policing. Speeds from about 150kb/s to about 260kb/s.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ibro911(m): 10:03am On Jan 31, 2011
check out this thread. just came across it
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-533241.0.html
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 31, 2011
tnx smiley
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Mobinga: 10:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
shocked shocked No download limits shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Runs Off grin

Seriously?? No dl limits WAHALA IS DEY!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 2:26am On Feb 09, 2011
ibro911:

Its pretty affordable. I think the modem costs 9k and subscription is 15k per month but I'm not 100% sure. I got a free upgrade to 4G cos I had been a subscriber since. The 24 hour package is 15k per month.
There are two types of modems, a portable one and a fixed one. I use the fixed one. The portable one is basically a modem and a wifi router. Its the size of a router.
No download limits, no policing. Speeds from about 150kb/s to about 260kb/s.

Swift definitely has a download limit. Its usually between 5GB and 10GB depending on your plan. I know because I just bought their modem/router last weekend and I specifically asked them about this. Also, my office uses Swift and we got cut off 2 weeks ago after we exceeded our limit.

Ignore the nonsense written on their website. They haven't updated it in months and most of the info there is obsolete. If you have any enquiries you should try calling them (01 710 1010) or visiting one of their offices.

ibro911:

Do you play online?

If you've been on PSN in the last 2 weeks then you must have updated to the latest official firmware (3.56) meaning no jailbreaking for you. For now its impossible to downgrade to 3.55.

I'm sure someone will figure out how to break the new firmware sooner or later, but it may take longer than people first thought because Sony has fixed most of the gaping holes and they've been busy suing people left, right and centre. Unfortunately, they've managed to scare off many of the more talented hackers and slow down the jailbreaking process.

You'll just have to be patient until the new firmware gets hacked. Watch this space.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Mobinga: 11:34am On Feb 09, 2011
@Evil Brain, give a rich note on how to jailbreak for beginners so I'll stixky the thread cool
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by dadonda: 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2011
went to that www.fisolucci.com/ps3unlocking and contacted the guy, he unlocked my ps3 for me and now i am playing fifa 11 from my hard drive. sweeeeet.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by beeyee18: 1:01am On Feb 17, 2011
dude that charges, lmao,anyz i wanna b nice, alot of u will brick ur ps3's, dis is how u will do it, ur goin to update it to 3.56.do that n ur ps3 is doomed,
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2011
beeyee18:

dude that charges, lmao,anyz i wanna b nice, alot of u will brick your ps3's, dis is how u will do it, your goin to update it to 3.56.do that n your ps3 is doomed,

Obviously you shouldn't update to 3.56 from jailbroken firmware. Haven't you read my previous posts? As long as you don't update, you won't have any problems. None of the latest games require the new firmware and by the time games do, it would have been hacked.

Also don't connect a cracked PS3 to the internet. I just found out that Sony collects your information even if you don't use PSN. They may be able to detect that you're using jailbroken software and they've started banning people.

This shouldn't affect most people 'cos of our crap internet connections, but if you plan on playing online in the future, you should be careful for now.

Our brave hackers are working on a solution. Keep watching this thread.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Mobinga: 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2011
Sony has started banning jailbreak-ed ps3's
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by dadonda: 11:21am On Feb 18, 2011
I believe you can only get banned when you connect to the internet. If you don't plan to play online anytime soon then please jailbreak and start playing. I will eventually upgrade my PS3, its just that i bought it recently and i have a long list of games that i wanna catch up on, there is no way i'm gonna buy or borrow all of em. This is the perfect solution for me and that fisolucci dude has quite a large library cheesy
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 12:01am On Feb 19, 2011
jazyreal:

upgrade your ps3 without usb jailbreack for as low as 4000naira with any game of your choice,works on any latest ps3 update, 3.01 to 3.56 ,
if u want to know how to do it your self , call me on my mobile and lets talk bizz

It's impossible to downgrade from 3.56. Stop lying to the public.

People like you are the cancer that is killing Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by jazyreal: 8:56am On Feb 19, 2011
am not saying downgrading, if your ps3 is from 3.01ill av to upgrade to 3.55 before my software will work on any ps3 but if u are already on 3.56 i don't need to downgrade the software will work on it , its real am not scam its work first before payment.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 7:04pm On Feb 19, 2011
jazyreal:

am not saying downgrading, if your ps3 is from 3.01ill av to upgrade to 3.55 before my software will work on any ps3 but if u are already on 3.56 i don't need to downgrade the software will work on it , its real am not scam its work first before payment.

For now, its impossible to jailbreak 3.56.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're just ill-informed. There are far too many people trying to do 419 on Nairaland these days.

Just to be clear, there is for now no way to downgrade, jailbreak or install unauthorised software on 3.56. Sony has patched the original vulnerability and changed the encryption key homebrew apps have been using.

The hacker devs have made good progress towards jailbreaking it (all the new keys are known) but so far nobody has been able to make a custom 3.56 and anyone who says otherwise is either a scammer, a hoaxer, or is just ignorant.

The main cause of the delay is that Sony has been suing people and forcing the really good hackers underground. A new jailbreak will come out sooner or later. In the meantime, lets enjoy our 3.55 and be patient.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2011
Mobinga:

Sony has started banning jailbreak-ed ps3's

The funny thing about the bans is that you don't have to have used PSN for them to ban you. It turns out that once you're online, the PS3 automatically sends Sony your private info without your knowledge.

If you want to use PSN, the best thing is to either upgrade to 3.56, lose the ability to run backups and wait for a custom 3.56 to come out; or disconnect your PS3 from the internet completely until they make a proper stealth CFW that can go online without being detected. We have to choose between PSN and Backups. For now we can't have both.

If you are planning to go legit, don't forget to change to the original 3.55 before you upgrade to 3.56. Upgrading directly form CFW may permanently brick your console!

Cheers.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 5:00am On Feb 21, 2011
Thats Sucks an idiot upgraded my ps3 to 3.56 i guess i might wait for now.i need to lock my room dammit
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2011
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2011
Already heard of this. There's also a new 3.56 spoof program you can combine with it.

Haven't tried it because I don't really care about PSN with my rubbish internet connection. But I'm worried that Sony may still be able to detect your hacked software. The PS3 sends Sony your info whether or not you you log in to PSN or not so they may still ban you later.

Your best bet is to stay offline for now.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Mobinga: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2011
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Cougar2: 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
Evil Brain:

PS3 custom firmwares are officially out.

I've been running the "kmeaw" CFW since saturday and it works beautifully. I can back-up my game disks to the hard drive, download and play games and even run games off a flash/external hard drive. No dongles, no bricking, no stress.

I've noticed that most PS owners have no idea that this is possible. I only know 1 other person who has done this and he's charging people.

Has anybody else jailbroken their PS3s? Post your experiences in this thread.

why would anyone wanna jailbreak his console? at the expense of going online? what is ps3 without ur ability to play other users online? penny wise, pound foolish. take yourself out of this place before i send sony hacks to your abode. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How To Play PES 2017 Using Keyboard On Your Pc / Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! / Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.