Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread (69733 Views)

Please I Need A Ps3 Jailbreak Urgently In Lagos!!!:( :(:( / Gateway 3ds Card Hacked Nintendo 3DS Roms - 3DS Jailbreak Is Coming / Ps3 Jailbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Bawss1(m): 8:59am On Sep 07, 2011
dadonda:

check http://mobile.fisolucci.com/unlock-your-ps3

Seen.

I already own most of the games there that interest me on that site. Its fine though for guys who like to try all types of games or are just entering the world of PS3 gaming. Like I've already said I've got my eyes on new releases and want to play them when they are available, so for now CF can wait. . . .unless you have one that runs new games. cool
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by tobeski(m): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2011
You've explained the jailbreaking process very well, So how do you rip games from the disc to the hard drive? or what's the next step after jailbreaking??
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
Evil Brain:

I'm really disappointed that no new keys or custom firmwares have come out yet.  When I started this thread, everybody thought there was no way to re-secure the PS3 but we're now up to 3.7 and still no new hacks. Those Sony guys are better than I thought. Many are claiming that they have unexploited vulnerabilities and that they're waiting for a big update to use them but its taking too gaddem long.

Plus Its not like Sony is standing still, they just released a new version of the PS with a new metldr software that nobody knows anything about. And there are so many new games out now like Deus Ex: Human Revolution that I badly want to play. Very annoying.

If nothing happens by the time FIFA 12 comes out, I might have to buy a second system for new games and online. I'm really not looking forward to paying 15K for games again.

I play most multi-platform games on my 360(even before jailbreaking) so i haven't had any reason to revert yet. Uncharted 3 would change all that though.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by dadonda: 8:31pm On Sep 08, 2011
ritchboy:

I play most multi-platform games on my 360(even before jailbreaking)
Do you mean you play downloaded and burnt unto dual layer DVD games on your xbox360? Do you know how its done or do you know where i can buy an already flashed xbox360s. I have a fast connection and a DVD burner so i just need the hook up. I need to play gears of wars
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 8:34am On Sep 09, 2011
dadonda:

Do you mean you play downloaded and burnt unto dual layer DVD games on your xbox360? Do you know how its done or do you know where i can buy an already flashed xbox360s. I have a fast connection and a DVD burner so i just need the hook up. I need to play gears of wars

Does "how it's done" mean the flashing or burning process?
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by dadonda: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2011
I mean the flashing. I already know how and where to download the games.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
I think i got the guide i used from Afterdawn. . . If you're not comfortable opening up your console(a 360 is harder to open than most devices BTW), i suggest you have someone do it for you, it won't cost much.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2011
Bawss1:

Hey I'm not against jailbreaking. In fact the moment a hack is available that still allows me to play new games then I'm having it. But I've spent a great part of the year waiting for the release of the likes of MW3 and will not jeopardize my chance of playing it by installing a CF. Anyway you probably have to hook me up with your library of games, if the list is impressive I will reconsider my position ASAP  cool - I'm yet to see any collection that makes me want a CF.

The jailbreak is 100% reversible. The only real downside is that you can't play online or log in to PSN without risking a ban. And since PSN is not available on old firmwares anyway, its not that big a deal. If you want online multiplayer, I suggest you get a second console for that and newer games while using the old one for your piracy needs. You can always sell the second one when the new jailbreaks are eventually released.

Cheers.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by sandeepc: 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2011
Dear Nairalanders,

You can now Play World's Best Online Browser Game for Free, !!!

More more information please post your e-mail address here.

Will send you the link of the GAME within 24 Hours.

Trust me you will enjoy it.

Thanks for your support.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by bxg(m): 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
Fifa 12 needed tongue
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by zigod1: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hi evil brain. Dude thanks for your jailbreak guide cheesy. Am gonna use it, you are one great guy! But hey i dont get one thing though, a friend of mine went as far as buying a Nokia Nseries phone@NGN96Kor so just cos it had something he could use to do the jailbreaking, which he eventually did. Also i heard that the iphone or ipad or so also contains that very stuff used for hacking a ps3 (dunno if its a software?). You didnt seem to mention it here? Have you heard of it?
Is it that its not necessary?
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2011
^^ The iPod/Nseries jailbreaks are out-dated. Use CFW.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by zigod1: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2011
Yes Boss@ritchie. The Links given by evilbrain in his step by step beginners guide to hacking the ps3 on these pages earlier appear to be out of date.
Hey any pointers to where i could get cfw? I 'm kinda nu to this hacking ps3 stuff
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2011
zigod1:

The Links given by evilbrain in his step by step beginners guide to hacking the ps3 on these pages earlier appear to be out of date.
Hey any pointers to where i could get cfw? I 'm kinda nu to this hacking ps3 stuff

Sorry, its been a while since I made that guide so alor of those files will be harder to find now. I suggest you try downloading them through the torrents e.g. from www.thepiratebay.org

Make sure you confirm the md5 hash before you load CFW on your PS unless you want to turn it into the world's most expensive paperweight.

Or you could ask fisolucci for help: www.fisolucci.com
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2011
Good news guys. A new exploit has been discovered that allows the loading of backup games that require up to firmware version 3.73. It was initially found by a spanish hacking group a few weeks ago but they are yet to release a public version.

But the latest news is that some criminals in Indonesia are selling a dongle that does the same thing and has been confirmed to be working via youtube. It is the normal practice for guymen to try and make money off new exploits before the free, open source version is released.

Hopefully soon, either the spaniards will release a CFW or someone will reverse-engineer the dongle's payload. Either way, our new game drought should be over on a matter of weeks.

Prepare to raise the pirate flag my mateys, games ahoy!
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 9:01am On Oct 23, 2011
^^ Just in time for Uncharted 3. . . To think i almost pre-ordered the damn thing! #syke grin grin
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Grizz: 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2011
Most games that need 3.60 ofw and above eventually get patched and then you get to play them on 3.55 (or 3.41). On a completely unrelated note, has anybody found a patch for PES 2012 yet?
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Grizz: 4:58pm On Oct 29, 2011
Evil Brain:

Good news guys. A new exploit has been discovered that allows the loading of backup games that require up to firmware version 3.73. It was initially found by a spanish hacking group a few weeks ago but they are yet to release a public version.

But the latest news is that some criminals in Indonesia are selling a dongle that does the same thing and has been confirmed to be working via youtube. It is the normal practice for guymen to try and make money off new exploits before the free, open source version is released.

Hopefully soon, either the spaniards will release a CFW or someone will reverse-engineer the dongle's payload. Either way, our new game drought should be over on a matter of weeks.

Prepare to raise the pirate flag my mateys, games ahoy!
Hey, dude, can i get a link to the site you found this info? You could make a whole lot of people happy.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Bawss1(m): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2011
Hmmm. Now this is tempting. . .
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2011
Grizz:

Hey, dude, can i get a link to the site you found this info? You could make a whole lot of people happy.

psx-scene.com
You'll have to search through a lot of irrelevant nonsense before you find any useful info though.

@ritchboy
Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 have both been hacked to run on 3.55 and are available for download on the torrents. Uncharted is a 45gig download and Battlefield's singleplayer is shite so l'm not bothering with either of them. I'm sure fisolucci will get both eventually.
Still waiting for FIFA 12.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2011
Evil Brain:

@ritchboy
Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 have both been hacked to run on 3.55 and are available for download on the torrents. Uncharted is a 45gig download and Battlefield's singleplayer is shite so l'm not bothering with either of them. I'm sure fisolucci will get both eventually.
Still waiting for FIFA 12.

Yea, but i read the Uncharted eboot fix freezes the game when you open Drake's journal.

There's also a new Indonesian(yes Indonesian!) dongle that runs FIFA 12 and other 3.6-3.72 games.

Good times then! cheesy
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 1:40am On Nov 04, 2011
ritchboy:

Yea, but i read the Uncharted eboot fix freezes the game when you open Drake's journal.

There's also a new Indonesian(yes Indonesian!) dongle that runs FIFA 12 and other 3.6-3.72 games.

Good times then! cheesy

That's a bug in the Uncharted 3 retail disc. Naughty Dog fixed it in an update but the eboot fix only works for the original version and installing the patch makes the game unplayable. I'm sure the hacker devs are working on a new version of the eboot fix so just be a little patient.

I already knew about the dongle. I think I mentioned it in an earlier post. I'm not sure if it'll lead to new CFW as people are staunchly backing 3.55 and 3.6+ games are already playable. We just need to wait for them to get decrypted. FIFA is extremely popular so I'm sure it'll be high on their priorities.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by bigfat01: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2011
[size=15pt]i need to anyone who could help me repair my ps2 i have 3 ,one doesnt load ps2 cds at all and the other loads only mortal komat cds and also would like to know the price i could use to configure so i could use memory card to play games on my pc instead of disks , pm me on [080-23 82-532[/size]
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2011
Been away for a while, just catching up with the psx scene today, apparently there's now a stable, freeze-free fix for U3, that means no need to revert to OFW, yay! smiley
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Emeka72(m): 1:51am On Dec 08, 2011
What a game
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by cutesam101: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2011
I would like to resisted my Game center with Playstation and Allied TV-Games Owners Association, Lagos. or whatever the Association is, dont want any Police disturbance, who knows where i can register
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by lordZOUGA(m): 7:02am On Dec 18, 2011
download a jailbroken ps3 3.60 firmware and update your 3.55 firmware with it using ur flash drive, Den play your games, No big deal,
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by A2J(m): 9:57pm On Jan 05, 2012
lordZOUGA:

download a jailbroken ps3 3.60 firmware and update your 3.55 firmware with it using your flash drive, Den play your games, No big deal,

hmmm, Just bought my ps3 this past december, and looking to play downloaded games rather than buying(way too expensive for me), had to buy FIFA12 though.

Could you help out with links, tutorials, anything on how to go about jailbreaking my ps3, yea am computer savy too smiley
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Grizz: 10:06pm On Jan 05, 2012
As far as i know (and i know a bit), there's no way to jailbreak a ps3 running firmware over 3.55 and no way to revert to older firmware versions if you're past 3.55. And Fifa 12 most likely already patched your console to 3.70 so, pretty much what i'm saying is there's no way to hack your ps3 to play backups for now. But there'll be one someday. In the mean while you could check your firmware version, its under system settings and system information i think.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by wiegraf: 3:11am On Jan 06, 2012
Hello good ppl. I usually stay as far away as possible from Nairaland and it's considerable amounts of dross but this thread gives me hope (and a friend recommended this community, oddly enough). If you could, I know once you're above 3.55 you cannot install CFW. You can, however, downgrade the FW to a lower version with hardware hacks

http://progskeet.com/ <- most popular, it seems
http://www.e3-tech.net/ <- rather popular as well

I know e3 does not require soldering, I think the same applies to progskeet. And a nice bonus is if you are wary of having hardware from who knows where in your system, you can always uninstall it after you have downgraded the OS (simply downgrade, remove the thing, then go about installing CFW). I know e3 supports dual booting though, so you can actually have both the latest FW as well as CFW running from the same console.

All this is good and nice, but is there anyone who's done this locally before? Do you know anyone who sells these flashers? Better yet, anyone who could apply this hack for me? (I don't trust myself with hardware much, I'll do it myself I suppose, if I have to)

Thanks

Btw, for any morons out there, do not attempt any of this, brick, then somehow think it my fault. And randomly for those who do not know: there is a software hack in the works, but the developer has specifically indicated that it will not support backups (and may not be capable of supporting CFW, ever). So even if he does release it in the next month or two, it will still take a couple of more months after that for other hackers to make a CFW capable of running backup - if it is doable ie
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2012
wiegraf:

Hello good ppl. I usually stay as far away as possible from Nairaland and it's considerable amounts of dross but this thread gives me hope (and a friend recommended this community, oddly enough). If you could, I know once you're above 3.55 you cannot install CFW. You can, however, downgrade the FW to a lower version with hardware hacks

http://progskeet.com/ <- most popular, it seems
http://www.e3-tech.net/ <- rather popular as well

I know e3 does not require soldering, I think the same applies to progskeet. And a nice bonus is if you are wary of having hardware from who knows where in your system, you can always uninstall it after you have downgraded the OS (simply downgrade, remove the thing, then go about installing CFW). I know e3 supports dual booting though, so you can actually have both the latest FW as well as CFW running from the same console.

All this is good and nice, but is there anyone who's done this locally before? Do you know anyone who sells these flashers? Better yet, anyone who could apply this hack for me? (I don't trust myself with hardware much, I'll do it myself I suppose, if I have to)

Thanks

Btw, for any morons out there, do not attempt any of this, brick, then somehow think it my fault. And randomly for those who do not know: there is a software hack in the works, but the developer has specifically indicated that it will not support backups (and may not be capable of supporting CFW, ever). So even if he does release it in the next month or two, it will still take a couple of more months after that for other hackers to make a CFW capable of running backup - if it is doable ie

I think you can only downgrade to 3.55 if your console's original(factory) FW was 3.55 or lower. . . Lemme check smiley
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by javijabor: 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
BOT A PS3 WITH 3.7 FIRMWARE. DOES ANY1 WANT TO SELL HIS USED PS3 CD. FOR A REASONABLE AMOUNT??
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How To Play PES 2017 Using Keyboard On Your Pc / Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! / Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.