Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) (48515 Views)

Driver Cheats Death As Tree Falls On Car In Calabar (Photos) / Occupants Escape Unhurt As Container Falls On Vehicle In Ikorodu (Photo) / Damage Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Lagos Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by 2mercy: 3:17pm On Jun 21, 2020
A motorist narrowly escaped death on Saturday when a big tree fell during a storm that followed a rainfall and destroyed his vehicle, but he came out unhurt.

The unnamed motorist, who drove a Honda CRV vehicle, was on the main road inwards Alhaji Masha close to the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, when the tree which was beside the road suddenly got uprooted and landed on the vehicle due to the storm that accompanied the rainfall.

The tree landed on the vehicle with the man inside, destroying its front side including the windscreen, the mirrors and the bonnet, but the man who rushed out of the vehicle, was not hurt.

The incident, which happened around 6.14 p.m., caused traffic gridlock on the ever-busy highway as many people rushed to the scene while some others made frantic efforts to cut the tree and remove it from the road.

According to the Lagostrafficreport, the twitter handle that reports traffic situation in Lagos State: “There’s a fallen tree on the roadside close to Teslim Balogun stadium, this has blocked off traffic heading inwards to Alhaji Masha.”

Another resident, Offem Lawrence @lawmuzik1, who uploaded the video of the incident on Twitter wrote: “This just happened 15 mins ago in front of Teslim Balogun stadium, Surulere. The driver came out without a scratch.”

It was also gathered that some officials of the Lagos State Transport Management Agency (LASTMA) who came to the scene of the incident, took the man away from the scene in their vehicle.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/photos-motorist-escapes-death-as-tree-falls-on-vehicle-during-rainfall-in-lagos/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by Ezennwa(m): 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
hmm!

Lagos Amaka.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by Shellsploit: 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
shocked

Naijacardrivas abeg who go pay for damages sef
Lalasticlala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by XXXXTENTACION: 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
Too bad cry

thank god for his life sha

4 Likes

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by cassidy1996(m): 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!
Lagos Amaka.
what's Lagos amaka?

21 Likes

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by Ezennwa(m): 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
cassidy1996:
what's Lagos amaka?
Amaka means something or someone that is beautiful

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by cassidy1996(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ezennwa:
Amaka means something or someone that is beautiful
lol

12 Likes

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by fishjam: 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2020
He needs to do Thanksgiving in church.. If you do not acquire a new skill or start ur side hustle during this lockdown, you never lack time, you lack discipline... It's not too late to start something. I sell(Pre-downloaded) easy-to-follow Comprehensive Video courses on hundreds of skills you can master within a short time and build wealth with it E.g Copywriting, dropshipping, Data science, 3d animation e.t.c What'sapp 2348' 0649 432'97 for full list. Nb: I will deliver the videos at ur doorstep

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by abeliver: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
The End is near....
Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
I Praise GOD Almighty for your Life, Bro...

Things are not Normal anymore!
It's not just in Nigeria... it's all over the world..

Today is june 21st.. come in here and see what various nations all over the World have been hit with, in just this month of June..

https://www.nairaland.com/5930603/severe-through-nations-earth-vid

These are not times to live life anyhow....

These are times to be as close as possible to ALMIGHTY GOD...

Anything could happen at Anytime Without any Information...

May GOD Give us Understanding of the times..

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by joviegghead: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hmm.
Meanwhile, some people have started reading meaning to this occurrence.
One even said the end is near. Like, I don't get it. Why can't Nigerians stop attaching meaning to things that happen. I'm fed up.

Anyway, it happens. Hopefully the car owner has got insurance.

5 Likes

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by OLDESTWARRIBOY4: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Thank God for im life

Village people dial wrong number.

6 Likes

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by GarmentOfWhite: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Thank God for deliverance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by CODEIN: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
The poster above is a Nairaland member of Association of We Like To Involve God in Everything Even When Unnecessary l, they are all takers of codeine, they don’t like Sensedeine

over to you rest of codeine takers

1 Like

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by Slawormir: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

So this rain of yesterday reach Lagos

The thing cast Benin city yesterday especially sapele road

3 Likes

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by joviegghead: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
Shellsploit:
shocked

Who go pay for damages sef Lalasticlala
Insurance company

3 Likes

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by chinwezdasilva: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
The Lord is good

2 Likes

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by OlabodeTECH: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
Narrow escape. Congrats to them

1 Like

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by Philipxxxx0: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
Shellsploit:
shocked

Who go pay for damages sef
Lalasticlala
insurance bro , I wish I was him I will be smiling to bank now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by pol23: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
You can't cheat death...
It's not just time...
We live to die another day.
Like me ,like you and the motorist.
The truth is after life is a mystery, even all this pastors are not sure of the next phase....
I sure believe there's afterlife...
Before christianity, the ancient Egyptians believe this,even our own Ifa believes it too... they believe you will be judge by what you've done on earth...
The difference between these orthodox believes and Christianity is that you don't have to pledge allegiance to any supreme being..
Should there's afterlife, what will be your Stance?
I don't know mine... we're all in this unacknowledged race together...remember nobody holy pass...
Happy Father's day to our : Heavenly father, our ancestors and to great scientists and inventors that has made life much more easier for us..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by Fuckingmallam45(m): 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Who go con pay for damages now eh? Maybe the owner of the tree Wii pay grin
Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by NettyNelly(m): 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Very fortunate for him to escape death. He should thank his Stars. You can be a beneficiary of this thing in my signature.
Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by Xucxex1997: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
I hope he has a comprehensive insurance if not na premium tears

2 Likes

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by OkoAmarashy: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Lagos Amaka.

Lagos is even better. In Igboland, erosion would carry the car from Ekwulobia to Equatorial Guinea.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by ecolime(m): 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
Thank God he was not hurt. Na serious gbese be this if hin no get comprehensive insurance oo

1 Like

Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by NOC1(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
We thank God for his life, don’t drive when it is raining unless their is an emergency or you are caught up on a journey.
Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by EdidemLord(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
So many ways to die in this country

His village people have been put to shame
Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
Who go con pay for damages now eh? Maybe the owner of the tree Wii pay grin

Na Lagos get that tree..
Normally they should pay for the car and be charged with Arson ( though it's a tree not fire). That tree grew to that size in the centre of a city and no agency thought it wise to do an assessment of its potential threat.
Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by helinues: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
It's really raining in Nigeria
Re: Tree Falls On Vehicle During Rainfall In Lagos (Photos) by bigdammyj: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
Good News

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) / Is The 11Km Miliken Hill Road In Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? / Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.