Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,479 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Advise Needed On Association Palava (gas Retailers) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advise Needed On Association Palava (gas Retailers) (350 Views)

People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us / Naira Appreciation Fastest In 15 Year History - BDC Association President / Should I Sue? Legal Advise Needed Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed On Association Palava (gas Retailers) by Teeklef(m): 2:44am On Jun 23, 2020
I need advise on what to do on behalf of a brother!! please brethren. As a matter of fact, the issue on ground happened yesterday. I was with my senior bros that owns a gas retails outlet. He opened about 2months ago.
So, association came yesterday, threatening they are going to seize his scale, bottles and so on.
My question now is that, in this type of situation, what can he do? Is it a must to join their association? .
Moreover, it costs like 50k to join their association.
Your opinion and advice are needed here sir/ma.... Thanks.
Note:I'm also planning on opening my shop soon but I hate embarrassment, that's why I want to prepare ahead.
Re: Advise Needed On Association Palava (gas Retailers) by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 23, 2020
Teeklef:
I need advise on what to do on behalf of a brother!! please brethren. As a matter of fact, the issue on ground happened yesterday. I was with my senior bros that owns a gas retails outlet. He opened about 2months ago.
So, association came yesterday, threatening they are going to seize his scale, bottles and so on.
My question now is that, in this type of situation, what can he do? Is it a must to join their association? .
Moreover, it costs like 50k to join their association.
Your opinion and advice are needed here sir/ma.... Thanks.
Note:I'm also planning on opening my shop soon but I hate embarrassment, that's why I want to prepare ahead.

First, it depends.

But let me ask, is there any law regulating the association.

I know there are laws creating various associations in Lagos State for example.

E.g. the yellow cab drivers. And for you to drive a yellow cab, you must be a member otherwise you could be prosecuted for impersonation.

The reasons such laws were created during Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN tenure as governor was obvious and the emergence such laws has helped to a large extent.

Let him do his home work.

If it's simply a voluntary association then he could decide not to join.

But knowing that the heart of men is full of evil, I will advise he approaches them and negotiate amicably.

He might be allowed to spread the membership fee in tranches. Going on a head on collision with them might not be in his best interest on the long run.
Re: Advise Needed On Association Palava (gas Retailers) by Teeklef(m): 7:25am On Jun 23, 2020
litigator:

First, it depends.

But let me ask, is there any law regulating the association.

I know there are laws creating various associations in Lagos State for example.

E.g. the yellow cab drivers. And for you to drive a yellow cab, you must be a member otherwise you could be prosecuted for impersonation.

The reasons such laws were created during Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN tenure as governor was obvious and the emergence such laws has helped to a large extent.

Let him do his home work.

If it's simply a voluntary association then he could decide not to join.

But knowing that the heart of men is full of evil, I will advise he approaches them and negotiate amicably.

He might be allowed to spread the membership fee in tranches. Going on a head on collision with them might not be in his best interest on the long run.
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On Association Palava (gas Retailers) by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 23, 2020
Teeklef:

Thanks boss

You are welcome. If we have been helpful, tell others about us.

(1) (Reply)

This Why Dangote Is At 162 Position Out Of 2095 Billionaires Of Forbes List 2020 / Find Out how Nigerians Are Making Money Online Today In Dollars / Customers Drag Access Bank Over Bulk Stamp Duty Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.