Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Help !!! My Birds Are Dying - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help !!! My Birds Are Dying (910 Views)

Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing / Lost All My Birds..help / Day Old Chicks, Poults And Growing Birds Are For Sale In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by iamphilips(m): 12:53am On Jun 24, 2020
Its 12:46am and I just left my farmhouse with 3 dead layers, Making it a total of 5 within 24 hours. I have an intruder probably a Cat in my poutry. It's my first time and I have just 200+ layer birds. Few days ago I let some sick birds out of the cage over night and woke up to 4 of them dead. Their heads were eaten while the Stomach ripped open and empty. PLEASE HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF THIS?? PROFESSIONALS IN THE HOUSE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by iamphilips(m): 12:55am On Jun 24, 2020
FarmTech, Pavore9, horbar1, opemidipo . Please Help
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 24, 2020
It's easy to understand that your farm house is porous.
Are your bird cages located outside ?
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by ApostleAnarchy(m): 1:39am On Jun 24, 2020
So sad, wish i could help but it's not my field
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by iamphilips(m): 1:42am On Jun 24, 2020
RonaldoVido:
It's easy to understand that your farm house is porous.

Are your bird cages located outside ?

No its inside a farm house..... Gone round over 10times but still can't find how they gained entry
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by mkoabiola: 1:45am On Jun 24, 2020
Ur cage is porous.

U need professionals to come access.

Be willing to spend
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by Floryangel8: 6:36am On Jun 24, 2020
It's cat, I experienced such sometimes last year. The cat ate 9 broilers of 4 weeks before I could locate the entrance. Is there a little space on your window, door, roof etc. Mine the cat was following a small opening on the window. They can stretch to go through a small opening. So carefully find it
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by iamphilips(m): 10:49am On Jun 24, 2020
Floryangel8:
It's cat, I experienced such sometimes last year. The cat ate 9 broilers of 4 weeks before I could locate the entrance. Is there a little space on your window, door, roof etc. Mine the cat was following a small opening on the window. They can stretch to go through a small opening. So carefully find it

Thanks so much, Would find a way to Fix it
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by holar2ge(m): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2020
Get a dog sir!
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by iamphilips(m): 11:51am On Jun 24, 2020
holar2ge:
Get a dog sir!

I have A local Dog in the compound and it Moves around the farm house. I dont know if I should leave the dog inside the farm house overnight.

I suspect the cat walks on the fence and enters Through the Roof. Going to look for Net to Cover the roof and existing Net.

1 Like

Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by Floryangel8: 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
This is it.
iamphilips:

I have A local Dog in the compound and it Moves around the farm house. I dont know if I should leave the dog inside the farm house overnight.

I suspect the cat walks on the fence and enters Through the Roof. Going to look for Net to Cover the roof and existing Net.
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by FarmTech(m): 10:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good advice so far. If your dog won't cause problem, place him on guard.
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by okoroemeka(m): 6:09am On Jun 27, 2020
Wild cats,civets(small leopardlike cat),rats,these are your likely culprits
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by panamal: 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
Separate the cockerels from the pullets
I guess you did not debeak the birds..
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by kaybobo200: 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
Trust me its cat/ Big Rat, it happened to me too. They will even be scaring the birds to a point of low egg laying if not careful
Re: Help !!! My Birds Are Dying by wisdomline: 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
iamphilips:
Its 12:46am and I just left my farmhouse with 3 dead layers, Making it a total of 5 within 24 hours. I have an intruder probably a Cat in my poutry. It's my first time and I have just 200+ layer birds. Few days ago I let some sick birds out of the cage over night and woke up to 4 of them dead. Their heads were eaten while the Stomach ripped open and empty. PLEASE HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF THIS?? PROFESSIONALS IN THE HOUSE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sorry about your losses. Just lace some fried meats or dead chicken carcasses with poision e.g DD40 or Sniper.
The Intruder will eat that, and it's bye to them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Local Feed Dryer / Rice Husk Available In Very Large Quantity / Bird Cage For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.