Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy (2526 Views)

The Javascript Thread / Challenge For Javascript Beginners/intermidiate / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 10:33am On Jun 24, 2020
Hey guys, I will be learning javascript soonest and I'm kinda stuck on what courses to choose from. For now, am thinking of getting either Brad or mosh Hamedani courses but I don't really know which one to choose between the two guys. Both guys are really good and I've watched their tutorials countless times. please help

1 Like

Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by nosagold(m): 11:10am On Jun 24, 2020
My personal preference is Mosh, he really breaks things down. I don't really know about the other guy so maybe I'm not being objective but so far, Mosh has been excellent for me.
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by ogweye: 11:31am On Jun 24, 2020
For me its Mosh Hammedani anytime any day. Dude is really good and he simplifies things. I don't know the other guy though
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by Tolzy11(m): 11:55am On Jun 24, 2020
ogweye:
For me its Mosh Hammedani anytime any day. Dude is really good and he simplifies things. I don't know the other guy though
For real you don't know Brad Traversy this is one of the weird things have read so far . Brad has been my tutor right from day one just watched Mosh tutorial on python and MySQL but Brad na still baba o.
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by platymus: 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
RemiAbdulSamad:
Hey guys, I will be learning javascript soonest and I'm kinda stuck on what courses to choose from. For now, am thinking of getting either Brad or mosh Hamedani courses but I don't really know which one to choose between the two guys. Both guys are really good and I've watched their tutorials countless times. please help
Traversy is one great person to learn from! if you check Traversy and Mosh youtube playlists you should a feel of who to go for. most of the persons who commented before dont i actually know Traversy!
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by SUPREMOTM: 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
Traversy by far.

I watched Mosh's C# tutorial for beginners, intermediate and advanced on Udemy and I got very little information for all the time devoted. Dude was just touching the surface. I felt like I wasted a lot of time because I would still have to go and read everything from scratch.

Traversy's tutorials are very information-laden.

1 Like

Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by Tolzy11(m): 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
SUPREMOTM:
Traversy by far.

I watched Mosh's C# tutorial for beginners, intermediate and advanced on Udemy and I got very little information for all the time devoted. Dude was just touching the surface. I felt like I wasted a lot of time because I would still have to go and read everything from scratch.

Traversy's tutorials are very information-laden.
Gbas gbos Sabi boy
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by koyla: 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Lols you can learn from both, Mosh will pamper you to learn while Trav will scold you to learn if they were to be your parent.

Learn from both if you can.

2 Likes

Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by henrinity(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2020
Mosh Hamed for me anytime anyway, he simplifies things and make you learn with ease
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by Taofeekdboy(m): 1:20am On Jun 25, 2020
Mosh hamedani for me as he simplifies everything, Python, React and Java. All thanks to him.
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by Anonime1105(m): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2020
I would advice you learn from both, No tutorial or Course is 100% complete.

Get enough knowledge from both of them and more from other sources.

2 Likes

Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 12:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
Anonime1105:
I would advice you learn from both, No tutorial or Course is 100% complete.

Get enough knowledge from both of them and more from other sources.
bro I can't learn from both of them o. My pocket no heavy, I can only go for one of them.
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
koyla:
Lols you can learn from both, Mosh will pamper you to learn while Trav will scold you to learn if they were to be your parent.

Learn from both if you can.
this one wey u talk now ehn.
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by Anonime1105(m): 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
RemiAbdulSamad:
bro I can't learn from both of them o. My pocket no heavy, I can only go for one of them.

U can get Udemy video courses for free from torrent sites but the videos might not be 100% up to date but it would definitely go a long way.
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
Anonime1105:

U can get Udemy video courses for free from torrent sites but the videos might not be 100% up to date but it would definitely go a long way.
sure bro. but they are torrents and you know how slow torrents connection is. What do you think about the certification on completion of those udemy courses
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by Anonime1105(m): 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
RemiAbdulSamad:
sure bro. but they are torrents and you know how slow torrents connection is. What do you think about the certification on completion of those udemy courses

Based on my research....
The only use it has is growing your confidence, nothing more.

Udemy certificates are almost useless in the real world, what matters is the knowledge gained and how well you can use it in solving problems.
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
Anonime1105:

Based on my research....
The only use it has is growing your confidence, nothing more.

Udemy certificates are almost useless in the real world, what matters is the knowledge gained and how well you can use it in solving problems.
thanks bro
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by devbits: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
RemiAbdulSamad:

my advice may be slightly different, I would say none of them talking from experience, but level of understanding differs sha..... but I will advice *FREECODECAMP VIDEO ON JAVASCRIPT* IT CAN BE FOUND ON YOUTUBE ..

Try scrimba.com videos.....
and treehouse
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by Johnmattee(m): 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
Brad Traversy has tons of videos on JavaScript and practical projects too. Mosh is too simplistic and sometimes lure you to go for his Udemy videos.
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
devbits:

my advice may be slightly different, I would say none of them talking from experience, but level of understanding differs sha..... but I will advice *FREECODECAMP VIDEO ON JAVASCRIPT* IT CAN BE FOUND ON YOUTUBE ..

Try scrimba.com videos.....
and treehouse
will check out freecodecamp but both scrimba and treehouse js courses are paid
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by melodyogonna(m): 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2020
I only know Brad
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by devbits: 7:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
RemiAbdulSamad:
will check out freecodecamp but both scrimba and treehouse js courses are paid

if you want tree house course, goto
git.ir with chrome browser so you can translate to English, the site is loaded with premium courses and as for scrimba.... javascript courses are free but to download it go to YouTube search "javascript tutorials scrimba" you will see some of their screencast ported to YouTube, you can den use savefrom.net to get local copy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
devbits:

if you want tree house course, goto
git.ir with chrome browser so you can translate to English, the site is loaded with premium courses and as for scrimba.... javascript courses are free but to download it go to YouTube search "javascript tutorials scrimba" you will see some of their screencast ported to YouTube, you can den use savefrom.net to get local copy.
thanks bro
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by QuantumR: 7:42am On Jun 27, 2020
Brad is the Man... he also makes you feel that copying and pasting from documentation is ok grin
Re: Javascript Courses: Mosh Hamedani Or Brad Traversy by Tolzy11(m): 10:26am On Jun 27, 2020
QuantumR:
Brad is the Man... he also makes you feel that copying and pasting from documentation is ok grin
Yeah he always make sure that his video is not that perfect and that is why I also love watching clever programming also that guys will be using Google and stack overflow while doing his video not just making a perfect video.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Long It Takes For Back Links To Reflect In Serps / Aside Fintech, What Should Nigerian Developers Build ? / Gurus In The House: Macbook Or Windows, Which Is Best For Programming ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.