Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

How Can One Stop Food Addiction? Help!!! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can One Stop Food Addiction? Help!!! (514 Views)

How To Overcome Food Addiction / Stop Food Loss & Waste / Northerners Stop Food For Moving To South West Due To Ongoing Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Stop Food Addiction? Help!!! by darhray(m): 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
Please how can i stop food addiction, like almost all my money are been spent on food and its just feel like am hungry every 3 hrs or less, Something must sha pass the mouth, Please help

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop Food Addiction? Help!!! by africanpea: 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
When last did you get dewormed? It could be as a result of worm. Another reason could be boredom, food comes to the rescue most times.
Lastly, are you Depressed? Most times depressed patients tend to turn to food to find solace.
Solution:
Make conscious efforts to deliberately reduce the number of times you eat.
Get yourself more active and busy, trust me you won't remember food in several hours.
I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Stop Food Addiction? Help!!! by darhray(m): 10:12am On Jun 25, 2020
you won’t die young
africanpea:
When last did you get dewormed? It could be as a result of worm. Another reason could be boredom, food comes to the rescue most times.
Lastly, are you Depressed? Most times depressed patients tend to turn to food to find solace.
Solution:
Make conscious efforts to deliberately reduce the number of times you eat.
Get yourself more active and busy, trust me you won't remember food in several hours.
I hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Stop Food Addiction? Help!!! by Mariangeles(f): 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
darhray:
Please how can i stop food addiction, like almost all my money are been spent on food and its just feel like am hungry every 3 hrs or less, Something must sha pass the mouth, Please help

Water!
Water!!
Water!!!

Every time you feel the urge to eat, drink plenty water. It works, trust me.
Water helps you feel full and delays hunger a bit more.
Eat two times a day, breakfast/brunch and dinner, instead of three.
Create time to have your meals and inbetween your meal times, you can opt for fruits and nuts instead of junk. ( in case you go hungry)
In no time, your body will begin adapt to the new style and will be better for it.
Stay in control no matter what. Don't be subdued by anything, including food.
Do not overindulge your cravings.
Remember; it takes discipline.
Mind over body.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What You Don't Know About Palm Oil / Bulk Soups For Private And Special Occasions / Are You Looking For Alternatives For Your Animal Feeds? See This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.