Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,195 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! (17095 Views)

Lab Grown Chickens For Sale In The US / Apple Grown In Jos, Nigeria / Where Are Plums Grown In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 8:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
Apples are one of the most popular fruits eaten in Nigeria and all over the world— and for good reason. They are nutritious fruit loved by everyone both young and old.

They are rich sources of vitamins and minerals that are good for our health. They help in weight loss, reduce the risk of heart attack, help reduce the risk of attack in asthma patients and can improve memory etc., the list is endless.

But do you know that they can be grown in Nigeria? Yes they can!

Before now apples could only be grown in the temperate regions of the world like Europe, North Africa, USA, China etc. this is because the fruit needs a ‘cold chill’ ( around 7oC for 5 weeks) to break dormancy for flowering. This has made growing apples in the tropics like Nigeria impossible.

But not anymore, because due to breeding studies by scientists from the crop and horticultural science Mekkelle university in Ethiopia. They have breed a variety of apple that can comfortable grow in our weather conditions.

This variety are readily available here in Nigeria and can grow and give excellent yields. They start to produce fruit from 4 feet tall even before transplanting to a permanent site.

They are easy to manage like any other fruit tree and can grow in diverse soil types.

Each tree produces around 450 fruits per season.

Limited seedlings available for delivery nationwide

Contact me Now on 07068320962 (whatsapp/ calls) or 09095533412 (calls).

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
Harvesting is easy and is done manually. the trees are not tall- 3m
max
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by eliyke(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
pls i nid d seedling
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
eliyke:
pls i nid d seedling

you can reach out to me on those numbers
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by peacealways: 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
how much per tree
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by Titugirl(f): 2:08am On Jun 26, 2020
This is nice to know.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by 444crop: 7:55am On Jun 26, 2020
Why is your number switched off
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2020
444crop:
Why is your number switched off

Sorry try calling again.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2020
I have gotten questions asking if this seedlings can grow and produce in different regions of the country.

Yes, it can

It can grow both in the Southwest: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Ekiti

The Southeast: Enugu, Imo, Abia, Eboniyi, Anambra

South South; Edo, Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa ibom, Cross rivers, Delta,

Even in the north: Abuja, kogi, kwara, Jo's, taraba, Adamawa, Niger, Kaduna, Kano, Jigwa, kebbi.

It has being adapted to survive in this varied climatic conditions as long as the proper soil conditions.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 10:14am On Jun 26, 2020
peacealways:
how much per tree

Contact me on those numbers. Thank you
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good agronomic practice will result in increased yield.

They following practice are worthy of note.

1. Site selection and proper land preparartion.

2. Proper Seedling transplanting

3. Balanced Soil nutrition

4. Pest and disease mgt.

5. Timely pruning

6. Harvesting and effective storage.

This practices if applied to your seedlings will result in tree vigor and increased yield.

Free consultancy available, you can ask me any question about the apple orchard.

Reach me through the contacts above.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 7:58am On Jun 27, 2020
Soil Nutrition

Soil nutrition is vital to maximize yields from an apple orchard.

Soil Nutrients can be sourced from both organic and inorganic sources.

Organic nutrients can be source from poultry manure, cattle dung, farmyard manure, compost etc

While inorganic manure are industrial manufactured fertilizers like NPK, MOP, SSP, TSP. Etc

While both are good sources of nutrients for the apple tree, inorganic manure is the most widely applied because of their ability to provide prolonged nutrition to the plant over a longer period of time, it is also readily available. The are also found to help extend the fruits shelf life.

Reach out to me on the numbers above for your questions and your seedlings.

Limited quantities available for nationwide delivery.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
[b] Water requirements for the Apple tree/b]

As a living thing, Apple plants need water for their survival.

It is important that you pay attention to water supply. Water should be supplied to the plant daily especially during the dry season when there is no rainfall.

Water should be supplied preferably in the mornings as it will help the plant to utilize the water in carrying out photosynthesis.

It is vital to supply water that is clean and is not salty.

Your Questions are welcome
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by wizi44(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2020
impeccable001:
Harvesting is easy and is done manually. the trees are not tall- 3m
max
I researched and found out that the anna apple is self sterile and needs a pollenizer, so is there a plan for that
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
wizi44:
I researched and found out that the anna apple is self sterile and needs a pollenizer, so is there a plan for that

Yeah, true. Anna varieties grown in the temperate zones cannot self pollinate but needs a second variety for cross pollination.

But as I said before, the variety being grown here in the tropics have being breed by researchers to self pollinate. that's why they bear fruit without a pollenizer.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
Feel free to ask your questions.

Thank you.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by Kayouzka(m): 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
Wow
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by benzion72(m): 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
Your location and price per seedling

1 Like

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by ideepaul: 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
impeccable001:
Apples are one of the most popular fruits eaten in Nigeria and all over the world— and for good reason. They are nutritious fruit loved by everyone both young and old.

They are rich sources of vitamins and minerals that are good for our health. They help in weight loss, reduce the risk of heart attack, help reduce the risk of attack in asthma patients and can improve memory etc., the list is endless.

But do you know that they can be grown in Nigeria? Yes they can!

Before now apples could only be grown in the temperate regions of the world like Europe, North Africa, USA, China etc. this is because the fruit needs a ‘cold chill’ ( around 7oC for 5 weeks) to break dormancy for flowering. This has made growing apples in the tropics like Nigeria impossible.

But not anymore, because due to breeding studies by scientists from the crop and horticultural science Mekkelle university in Ethiopia. They have breed Anna variety of apple that can comfortable grow in our weather conditions.

This variety are readily available here in Nigeria and can grow and give excellent yields. They start to produce fruit from 4 feet tall even before transplanting to a permanent site.

They are easy to manage like any other fruit tree and can grow in diverse soil types.

Each tree produces around 450 fruits per season.

Limited seedlings available for delivery nationwide

Contact me Now on 07068320962 (whatsapp/ calls) or 09082891813 (calls).

How long before fruiting? And can you send only one seedling to Uyo
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
ideepaul:

How long before fruiting? And can you send only one seedling to Uyo

It starts fruiting from the first year and continuously.

Yes I can. Feel free to contact me
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2020
benzion72:
Your location and price per seedling

Let's talk better, call me or WhatsApp
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2020

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by Habayomie(m): 2:06am On Jul 02, 2020
peacealways:
how much per tree
pls did you later contact him,..if yes,how much did he call the price. I don't know why he is hiding the price.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by oz4real83(m): 2:38am On Jul 02, 2020
Habayomie:

pls did you later contact him,..if yes,how much did he call the price.
I don't know why he is hiding the price.
He said N18,000 for a single plant but that it is "negotiable". I thought the "negotiable" in it will reduce the price to N5,000 but he said it won't go down for less than N15 000 embarassed
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by Habayomie(m): 2:41am On Jul 02, 2020
oz4real83:
He said N18,000 for a single plant embarassed
then buyers must engage the service of amotekun plus buratai boys to secure against arson.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by benzion72(m): 3:00am On Jul 02, 2020
Habayomie:

then buyers must engage the service of amotekun plus buratai boys to secure against arson.

Does it cover life insurance in case of eventualities weather drought etc
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by Habayomie(m): 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2020
benzion72:

grin
benzion72:

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 12:32am On Jul 03, 2020
Pest and Disease Control

Pest and disease control should be taken into consideration if you want your tree to remain healthy and to continuously give maximum yield.

Biological control

This uses useful living organisms, such as predators or parasites, to control pests.

Predator insects feed on the pests and can control their numbers. There are some parasites that live part of their life inside plant pests and finally kill them.

Cultural control

Cultural control involves adjusting the soil/ plant environment to make it undesirable for pests and diseases to thrive and attack your apple trees.

The main forms of culture control are:

1. Quarantine of new plants and seeds being brought to the orchard.
2. Crop rotation
3. Using resistant plant and proven varieties
4. Good management and work practices.

Chemical Control

Pesticides are used to control pests and diseases.

Deciding which pesticide to use is determined by:

1. the type of pest that needs controlling
2. the type and value of the crop
3. the presence of any beneficial insects.

Contact poisons
These are sprayed onto the pests and are absorbed all over the body surface. Pyrethrum is a contact poison used against caterpillars. Pyrethrum is a naturally occurring chemical extracted from some plants in the daisy family. It is also available in a synthetic form.

Stomach poisons
These are usually laid as bait. Slug and snail pellets are forms of stomach poison. These are eaten (ingested) by animals and kill them.

Systemic poisons
These are sprayed onto the plant surface and absorbed in the plant tissues. Sucking pests absorb the pesticide when they feed on the plant. They suck the pesticide up with the sap

Fungicides and bactericides
Protective fungicides and bactericides are chemicals that prevent fungal and bacterial spores from germinating. They form a protective layer over the plant so that spores landing on the surface of the plant cannot grow.

Fungicides and bactericides are best applied before the fungi and bacteria grow.

Call or WhatsApp the numbers above for further enquires.

Delivery possible nationwide.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by Habayomie(m): 6:58am On Jul 04, 2020
benzion72:

I'm not the seller,but let us ask him(the seller)- on a serious note o.
because if the plant does not survive, that's money drained.
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
Habayomie:

I'm not the seller,but let us ask him(the seller)- on a serious note o.
because if the plant does not survive, that's money drained.

Ok, On your question about the plants viability. The plant is being grown in more than 15 states of Nigeria right now. And they have survived, thrived and has yielded well. I know farms in states from Ogun, Lagos, FCT, Kano, Jos and even Adamawa etc that grows this plant with wonderful yields.

Risk are recurring part of life and living. You cant eliminate risk, you can only try to manage and mitigate its impact on life and business.

That is why I have tried to reduce this risk for my clients by raising the seedlings to 5months old so that I can properly take care and select only the vigorous stands for supply.

I have also taken the responsibility to guide any one that purchases through the whole process of management of the plants. All this is done to make sure that the risk arenas very minimal and rewards are maximize.

I am very positive that you won't sustain loss instead you will maximize profit on your investment .

Thank you

Contact me on the numbers above

2 Likes

Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by Habayomie(m): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2020
impeccable001:

Ok, On your question about the plants viability. The plant is being grown in more than 15 states of Nigeria right now. And they have survived, thrived and has yielded well. I know farms in states from Ogun, Lagos, FCT, Kano, Jos and even Adamawa etc that grows this plant with wonderful yields.

Risk are recurring part of life and living. You cant eliminate risk, you can only try to manage and mitigate its impact on life and business.

That is why I have tried to reduce this risk for my clients by raising the seedlings to 5months old so that I can properly take care and select only the vigorous stands for supply.

I have also taken the responsibility to guide any one that purchases through the whole process of management of the plants. All this is done to make sure that the risk arenas very minimal and rewards are maximize.

I am very positive that you won't sustain loss instead you will maximize profit on your investment .

Thank you

Contact me on the numbers above
okay sir,I like your level of optimism...I wish to patronize you,but the place is not fenced yet.
Happy sales....
Re: APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! by impeccable001(m): 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
Habayomie:

okay sir,I like your level of optimism...I wish to patronize you,but the place is not fenced yet.
Happy sales....

Thank you.

Wish you the best

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Big Bag Of Egusi Of 120-130 Big Derica(mudu) For Sale At Cheapest Price! / Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments / Contact Jovar For ALL Improved Seedlings, Seeds & Suckers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.