Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,346 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed (880 Views)

How I Almost Got SCAMMED Via VISA AGENT... Please Read And Learn / Dubai Visa Agent Got Caught 4years After He Scammed Me / He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by kherlly(m): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2020
I dunno the right page so please folks pardon me.

It all started before this Corona virus issue when a friend of mine (female) said her friend abroad that's planning to come to naija can't be reached on phone and it's giving her headache.

Along the line she was able to locate one of his sister on FB and that one explain that her bro is having issues outside the country.

She was able to reach him on FB later and the guy explained to her that his biz partner set him up which lead to police case.

Recently she call him and then told me the guy is back in naija that the case is transferred to naija to be settled here and y'all know most Nigerian ladies when they hear someone from abroad they hardly reason with their brains.

First red alert.... It's not money laundering or fraud of any kind so why transfer the case to naija?

I was there when the guy was telling her he loves her and she replied me too (typical naija babes when they don't want to say I love you if someone is with them)...

Can any case which happened in another country be transferred to the perpetrator's country

Can I tell her the guy is not who she think he is without causing issues between us?

Advice needed folks
Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by TheCongo2: 11:35am On Jun 26, 2020
Which country does he come from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by GuestLog: 11:38am On Jun 26, 2020
Smells like scam to me too. Next thing he'd be telling her is to help him raise money to go back then send her invite because he has $1m hidden somewhere in his apartment.

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by kherlly(m): 11:41am On Jun 26, 2020
TheCongo2:
Which country does he come from?

He's a Nigerian and both of them are igbos

The case he was involved in happened in Asian soil if I am right but I'll confirm when I reach home from my friend he do call
Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by kherlly(m): 11:43am On Jun 26, 2020
GuestLog:
Smells like scam to me too. Next thing he'd be telling her is to help him raise money to go back then send her invite because he has $1m hidden somewhere in his apartment.

My friend that happened to be a female already falls for the pranks and I dunno how to convince her so I won't end up as a scape goat.

I indirectly asked her yesterday that if she knows the path I am taking is dangerous won't she caution me... She said she will cos if she didn't that means she's not a good friend but how will I tell her how I feel bout this her friend issue without she turning me to her enemy that's my concern.
Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by GuestLog: 11:46am On Jun 26, 2020
kherlly:

My friend that happened to be a female already falls for the pranks and I dunno how to convince her so I won't end up as a scape goat.

I indirectly asked her yesterday that if she knows the path I am taking is dangerous won't she caution me... She said she will cos if she didn't that means she's not a good friend but how will I tell her how I feel bout this her friend issue without she turning me to her enemy that's my concern.
It is only right that you tell her that she should look at the matter with the eyes of scam. Let her know that it doesn't seem right. Also, if he starts asking for money or some sort of help, she should run as fast as possible.

4 Likes

Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by kherlly(m): 11:52am On Jun 26, 2020
GuestLog:
It is only right that you tell her that she should look at the matter with the eyes of scam. Let her know that it doesn't seem right. Also, if he starts asking for money or some sort of help, she should run as fast as possible.

Thanks so much.... I appreciate

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by meobizy(f): 11:53am On Jun 26, 2020
Do what you want, but something tells me the person will act against your advice. Still put effort since you can then absolve yourself from her final plight. When muguism dey scratch person there's nothing you can do to change it. Hopefully she'll learn from the ordeal.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by kherlly(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
meobizy:
Do what you want, but something tells me the person will act against your advice. Still put effort since you can then absolve yourself from her final plight. When muguism dey scratch person there's nothing you can do to change it. Hopefully she'll learn from the ordeal.

Thanks so much... I just hope she listen to me to avoid story that touches
Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by ednut1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sometimes people need to learn the hard way in life

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by illicit(m): 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
Don't spoil the game for that guy abeg....

Seems you want the girl too

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by kherlly(m): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
illicit:
Don't spoil the game for that guy abeg....

Seems you want the girl too

She's a friend and I can't let her go astray
Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by kherlly(m): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
ednut1:
Sometimes people need to learn the hard way in life

Hmmm you're right
Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by ArturoR: 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
kherlly:

Copy the link to this thread if you haven't still found a way to tell her ... Just ask her to go through it

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by kherlly(m): 9:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
ArturoR:

Copy the link to this thread if you haven't still found a way to tell her ... Just ask her to go through it

Ok. Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by mamatwiny(f): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
Na old format.

Ask her how she knew the friend?

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Bout To Get Scammed by kherlly(m): 8:39am On Jun 28, 2020
mamatwiny:
Na old format.

Ask her how she knew the friend?

They are from same village in the east but it's more than five years they met last still this my female friend is getting carried away cos she heard he travelled abroad etc

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Stranded In Without Travel Passports / Please What Is The Best Way To Send Groceries From US To Nigeria / Unable To Pay For Florence Academy Certificate With GTB Mastercard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.