Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert (25722 Views)

Purchase Tokunbo Toyota Engine And Gearbox / Valvoline Engine Oil - 5W30, 5W40, 10W40 / Mazda CX -7 For Sale Toyota Engine And Gear Present In The Car 08140857737 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Nemere2020: 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
1. The @SONNigeria has raised a red alert on the discovery of suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil in the Nigerian markets.

2. Director General, Osita Aboloma Esq. disclosed that the suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil was discovered through the SON regular market surveillance activity in its 42 State offices across the country.

3. The imported product has neither undergone the SON offshore conformity assessment process nor was it registered with the organisation for traceability and quality verification.

4. SON stated that the Toyota brand of engine oil is being sold in One (1) litre and Four (4) litre containers to unsuspecting Nigerian Consumers.

5. The psuspected substandard product has no close or remote relationship with the Toyota brands of automobile or the manufacturers.

6. SON advised the Nigerian public to avoid patronage of the Toyota brand of engine oil in the meantime, stressing that SON operatives are on the trail of other uncertified and unregistered brands of engine oil in the Nigerian markets for necessary regulatory action.

7. SON advised the general public to patronize only certified made-in-Nigeria brands of engine oil with the MANCAP logo and imported brands that have undergone the SON offshore conformity assessment process andNare duly registered for traceability and quality verification

8. The SON assured the Nigerian public that all purveyors of substandard and life threatening products would be prosecuted in line with the provisions of the SON Act 14 of 2015 and the criminal code once apprehended.

9. SON frowned at the importation of poor quality products into Nigeria to engage in unfair competition with high quality, certified, made-in- Nigeria brands.

https://twitter.com/SONNigeria/status/1276495866002583554?s=19

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Houseofglam7(f): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
undecided
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Sellfish(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
And the useless person who produced this will be saying "God has been faithful" when people ask after his or her business sad

And that person may still blame Buhari and APC for any misfortunes in his or her life while he or she is a distributor of misfortune in other people's lives...

Nigerian lives obviously do not matter to even Nigerians sad

34 Likes

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by kiddkash(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
boyz must chop

wink
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Gramps: 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Everything substandard in Nigeria
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by 22General(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Na so... These ones have refused to engine oil the palms of SON.

31 Likes

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by topshotnista(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
We don't disappoint
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Sebastine1994(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Temmylee01(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
MirJay postsee ur life=91097421:
jj
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Collins0609(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ok
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by dahnimoh(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
They want to spoil biz for the guy

Maybe he didn't settle them

9 Likes

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by NaijaMemes: 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Well, Mobil and Total engine oils are there to buy.

Too much fake in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by adaorap(f): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Anything goes in this country. Ike gwuru
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Enyimbamercedes: 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
Buy made in Nigeria palm oil for your car! A country that cannot produce engine wants to produce engine oil??

3 Likes

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
Anything can happen in Nigeria
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by ChiefSweetus: 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
Was this a tip-off? And are downstream retailers complicit?

I need to buy my Mobil-1 soon. Just need to be sure theres no fake

1 Like

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lets get justice for Lance Corporal Martins. The army guy in detention for saying the truth.You can watch the video on YouTube.
#LanceCorporalMartins. Let get this trend of Twitter. God bless Nigerian.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by ShenTeh(m): 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ah!

I pray that SON is being honest here and it is not like trying to blackmail someone's business because the person 'no gree settle'.

If there is any serious SON in Nigeria, imported VERY used items -including cars o - will not be having better qualities than the so called new ones cleared by SON.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by FlokiBanks24(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
Wow but wait o when will I leave Nigeria?? sad
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by hurryup123(m): 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
FTC

Igbo Amaka
Hushpuppy ajoka
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by jimb(m): 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sebastine1994:
this thing is not new, not just Toyota

when. I was serving boy at nnewi, my oga sell engine oil in whole sale, so we handle more cash than most bank in Nigeria in a day

we know how to work this thing, it doesn't mean, what you don't see won't kill you

jesus
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Latidoh1: 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
If you sell good car finish. Dem go come use substandard parts spoil am. Check my profile for cheap Tokunbo German machines. I can also pre-order for you.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Sammy07: 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sebastine1994:
this thing is not new, not just Toyota

when. I was serving boy at nnewi, my oga sell engine oil in whole sale, so we handle more cash than most bank in Nigeria in a day

we know how to work this thing, it doesn't mean, what you don't see won't kill you

You cannot handle more cash than commercial banks

3 Likes

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Hypocrit: 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Vague report. You said the oil is substandard, no details was given about that but rather, you stressing that they didn't register nor show for standard test. How long have they been in the market or are they just entry the market? Stupid government and their crooked and shady organizations and ministry. Sometimes i just wished this country should be literal flames.

1 Like

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by styless(f): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
shocked
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Bewiseedet(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Igbo uchenna, igbo emeka, igbo kalu.

2 Likes

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Sebastine1994(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sammy07:

You cannot handle more cash than commercial banks
what do you know, we handle dollars
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Slymonster(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
Too much fake things in this country
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by GeoSilYe(f): 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
Man must to chop na �

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LATEST AUTO SECURITY @ 38k. Now: 29,990 promo starting from 20th sept for 1mth / Tokunbo Toyota Camry 2010 Model With Leather Seats: Price: N3.5m / My Toyota Corolla 2006 Was Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.