Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,984 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma (2046 Views)

A Nairalander In Dilemma / Nursing Mother Leaves Husband In Dilemma After Sleeping With Her Gym Instructor / A Family Man Can Have This Too: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
I created this account to disguise and to pour out my mind on some issue.... I married two years ago but due to covid 19 pandemic my work was affected working with a private firm...my wife is a private school teacher she was affected initially because school has been closed...but now she has like six (6) kids she is taking private lesson 3k per kid monthly.... because I can't perform my responsibility again issue started..you know women now and she is fairly bouyant now...I borrow some money from some online application and I couldn't pay back because of no work for now and when she knew about it I became laughing stock when those ones are calling me often and my wife is not ready to help me.... telling me always that she is broke.... actually she cater for 40% of our feeding I source the rest from family and friends
I have been planning to get us another job where I have link..I submitted her CV and mine but the work suit her certificate and the admin in charge told me they might not be allowed to employe husband and wife that one need to step aside for another... if I force my employment there it will be an underemployment for me based on my certificate but it's a perfect employment for her based on her certificate and she will grow in her career in that organisation...but my fear is with the little she earn now from kids coaching she is feeling herself too much because I don't have any source of income for now... should I leave the job for her to be employed or I should take the job because is my sure link....am seriously confused.... don't mind my English am not a grammarian.... pls advice me... thanks
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by FreakDesign: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
Haaaaaa! I advice you to take it!
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
FreakDesign:
Haaaaaa! I advice you to take it!
thanks for your advice......
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by salisuammy(f): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Please take it and try to upgrade yourself while at it.
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Artiiclebeast: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
Take the job to take charge of your home bro.

Eff unemployment.
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
salisuammy:
Please take it and try to upgrade yourself while at it.
we are both graduate but her discipline suit the job than mine...but I can have my way if I wish....
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by DrinkWater247: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
Half bread is better than none
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by salisuammy(f): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
Damedu:
we are both graduate but her discipline suit the job than mine...but I can have my way if I wish....

Please (have your way) take it. That way, you will gain your self esteem back
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by flyingpig: 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
Damedu:
I created this account to disguise and to pour out my mind on some issue.... I married two years ago but due to covid 19 pandemic my work was affected working with a private firm...my wife is a private school teacher she was affected initially because school has been closed...but now she has like six (6) kids she is taking private lesson 3k per kid monthly.... because I can't perform my responsibility again issue started..you know women now and she is fairly bouyant now...I borrow some money from some online application and I couldn't pay back because of no work for now and when she knew about it I became laughing stock when those ones are calling me often and my wife is not ready to help me.... telling me always that she is broke.... actually she cater for 40% of our feeding I source the rest from family and friends
I have been planning to get us another job where I have link..I submitted her CV and mine but the work suit her certificate and the admin in charge told me they might not be allowed to employe husband and wife that one need to step aside for another... if I force my employment there it will be an underemployment for me based on my certificate but it's a perfect employment for her based on her certificate and she will grow in her career in that organisation...but my fear is with the little she earn now from kids coaching she is feeling herself too much because I don't have any source of income for now... should I leave the job for her to be employed or I should take the job because is my sure link....am seriously confused.... don't mind my English am not a grammarian.... pls advice me... thanks

Bro please take the job.

But NEVER EVER in your life inform her you once had a job that could upgrade her career and you took it for yourself, she would flare up so please never inform her of your actions.

You should learn before marrying, that it is a taboo for your wife to earn more than you, insults and baggage of disrespect will enter the marriage once you earn the same amount as her not to mention less than her.

So please take the job so that your self-pride and respect from her will return. When pandemic elapses and you find better job, you can ditch this one and never let your wife get it in your place when you leave after covid-19, cause one way or the other the manager or recruiter may inform her, her admission was stalled in your own favor even when she was more suitable for the job and it could create hatred, instead find another job at a different place altogether for her, when you are about to leave there.

Promise me you'll take the job

2 Likes

Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
flyingpig:

Bro please take the job.

But NEVER EVER in your life inform her you once had a job that could upgrade her career and you took it for yourself, she would flare up so please never inform her of your actions.

You should learn before marrying, that it is a taboo for your wife to earn more than you, insults and baggage of disrespect will enter the marriage once you earn the same amount as her not to mention less than her.

So please take the job so that your self-pride and respect from her will return. When pandemic elapses and you find better job, you can ditch this one and never let your wife get it in your place when you leave after covid-19, cause one way or the other the manager or recruiter may inform her, her admission was stalled in your own favor even when she was more suitable for the job and it could create hatred, instead find another job at a different place altogether for her, when you are about to leave there.

Promise me you'll take the job
thanks for advice bro....one love
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 4:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
DrinkWater247:
Half bread is better than none
I appreciate you...
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by LordKO(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
If you don't mind, tell me the initials of your first name, middle name and surname here. I need the information because I want to make sure that you'll not present another person in case you don't qualify for the opportunity I intend to present to you.
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
LordKO:
If you don't mind, tell me the initials of your first name, middle name and surname here. I need the information because I want to make sure that you'll not present another person in case you don't qualify for the opportunity I intend to present to you.

first name initial U
middle A
surname. A

thanks
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by LordKO(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Damedu:

first name initial U
middle A
surname. A

thanks

Send me a DM if you studied Computer Engineering.
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
LordKO:

Send me a DM if you studied Computer Engineering.
I studied science laboratory technology...
but I have not practice my profession after graduating since 2014 Nigeria job Hussling factor...
I work with a training consultancy company which I am in charge of their IT .... training and conferences coordination and marketing on few occasions.. traveling around different states..
but since no gathering for conference and serminar things went sour....
that is my story

1 Like

Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by amaham(m): 5:05am On Jun 27, 2020
The basic problem in your union isn't finance, you don't trust your wife and you should work on that. A wife can earn more than the husband and they can live peaceful with mutual respect and trust.
However, in your case, your family finance is in a precarious state. Your wife earns just 18k from teaching and you think she's fairly doing well? You guys are earning below the minimum wage here.
I'll advise you to take the job, not to boost your self esteem, but because giving your spouse the job will entail the family losing the 18k from teaching.
The strife that will spring up in your marriage will be unimaginable if you didn't work on trusting your wife.

7 Likes

Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 6:22am On Jun 27, 2020
amaham:
The basic problem in your union isn't finance, you don't trust your wife and you should work on that. A wife can earn more than the husband and they can live peaceful with mutual respect and trust.
However, in your case, your family finance is in a precarious state. Your wife earns just 18k from teaching and you think she's fairly doing well? You guys are earning below the minimum wage here.
I'll advise you to take the job, not to boost your self esteem, but because giving your spouse the job will entail the family losing the 18k from teaching.
The strife that will spring up in your marriage will be unimaginable if you didn't work on trusting your wife.
thank you for your advice before the Covid 19 pandemic she earn more than minimum wage where she teach same as my self . .we both earn above minimum wage. . it was covid 19 saga that halt salary inflow from our place of work since March-April no salary...due to the fact that we change accommodation by February really drain my purse because covid 19 was not in the picture then. ....
thanks for the advice I have taking something from it.....
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Mstick: 7:05am On Jun 27, 2020
Sometimes I wonder why most Nigerians marry when they can't trust their spouse. Husband is plotting, wife is also plotting, too much unnecessary competition and you still see people asking why marriages don't last this days.

People are advising you to take a job that will do NOTHING for your career than cater to your present need (short term) meanwhile your wife can grow in the job and even create bigger and better opportunities for the family (long-term).

3 Likes

Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Corporate2020: 8:03am On Jun 27, 2020
Damedu:

PLEASE, let her get the job for the sake of your kids. God will give you a much better job. At least she will take care of herself and your children. If she becomes too arrogant, leave home for her and get somewhere to squat, at feast your mind will be at rest that your kids are being taken care of. All women are like that, I repeat, all women ate like that, self centred and selfish.

In my opinion I think God shouldn't have created women. They are a bunch of problems
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by realtalk19: 8:17am On Jun 27, 2020
Corporate2020:

PLEASE, let her get the job for the sake of your kids. God will give you a much better job. At least she will take care of herself and your children. If she becomes too arrogant, leave home for her and get somewhere to squat, at feast your mind will be at rest that your kids are being taken care of. All women are like that, I repeat, all women ate like that, self centred and selfish.

In my opinion I think God shouldn't have created women. They are a bunch of problems

Are you really serious? This is a selfish advise
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Prism(f): 8:36am On Jun 27, 2020
Corporate2020:

Bros calm down ooooo. Wetin woman do you??
All women are not self-centered and selfish. There will always be bad woman as there will always be bad men. So don't generalize.

1 Like

Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Prism(f): 8:41am On Jun 27, 2020
[
You have to take the job.
Had it been there was mutual understanding and respect between you two regardless of who is employed and who isn't, you could have referred her for the job but since she greatly despises you, you just just to build your esteem, gain that respect back and have something doing as a man,hence, you need to take the job.
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
Corporate2020:

bunch of problem....lol...
thanks alot
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2020
Prism:
[
You have to take the job.
Had it been there was mutual understanding and respect between you two regardless of who is employed and who isn't, you could have referred her for the job but since she greatly despises you, you just just to build your esteem, gain that respect back and have something doing as a man,hence, you need to take the job.
thanks
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Prof0fficial: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
take the job or no one
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Lamanii22(f): 11:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
Never ever give it a second thought! Just take the offer....
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 28, 2020
Damedu:
should I leave the job for her to be employed or I should take the job because is my sure link....am seriously confused.... don't mind my English am not a grammarian.... pls advice me... thanks

I am not even bothered about her attitude, It is you I am worried about.

OGA, take the offer and go and start paying your bills. Let me not hear that you didn't take that job, E go pain me die!
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Katier00(f): 7:28am On Jun 28, 2020
I am surprised you are saying this because of 18000 haba? Where will you start with that amount for family upkeep? She is under pressure too. People react to pressure in different ways and that doesn't mean they are bad people. You guys were earning better before covid, was she like this? I am sure you have changed too. Take it from someone that has being in marriage before you, money is very very essential in marriage and money changes everything for good or bad. Take the job if you can be good at it and put food on your family's table otherwise hand it over to your wife
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by faithfull18(f): 9:48am On Jun 28, 2020
Corporate2020:

But a woman birth you.
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Damedu: 10:41am On Jun 28, 2020
truthsayer009:

I am not even bothered about her attitude, It is you I am worried about.

OGA, take the offer and go and start paying your bills. Let me not hear that you didn't take that job, E go pain me die!
thanks for your advice I appreciate
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by Nnetriplet: 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
Leave the job for her
Re: Covid 19 Pandemic A Family Man In Dilemma by GboyegaD(m): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
Let her have the job since it suits her profile more. It tells you are very supportive of her dream.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? / My Mother Was Attacked By Her Gateman / Female Or Male:Which Will You Like To Be Your First Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.