Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Oya Abeg Chop - By Oyinbo Princess - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oya Abeg Chop - By Oyinbo Princess (477 Views)

Oyinbo Woman Fluently Speaks Pidgin As She Opens New Buka In Lagos(vid, Pix) / Oyinbo People Queue To Buy Nigerian Jollof Rice From "Mama Put" In London. / Oyinbo Baby Relishes Eba & Okro Soup (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oya Abeg Chop - By Oyinbo Princess by OyinboPrincess(f): 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2020
[b][/b] N1,000K to 100 people in 1,000hours

1,000 hours ago, I challenged myself to give N1,000k to 100 people in and around the streets of Nigeria. From Port Har Court to Warri, from Enugu to Anambra, from Kaduna to Abuja, from Lagos to Ogun.... my volunteers have worked with me tirelessly to help me achieve my objective.

I feel that as a public media figure, I have corporate social responsibility to do what I can to assist people during these particularity difficult times. Coronaviras has taken the world without warning and people are suffering even more as a result. Nigeria is my second home, I love and cherish all the people I have met, worked with or been connected with, in whatever capacity. My heart lies in Nigeria, therefore I will always endeavour to do anything I can to inspire others and offer help where I can.

I came up with the idea of giving N1,000, being the largest note in Naira, to 100 people in 1,000 hours. Its not the amount, because I appreciate that N1,000 is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I just want to be able to offer a little break to those working on the streets or those looking like they need a little refreshment break. The idea is that the N1,000k a person receives will indeed allow them to have a beverage or something to eat, it will allow the person to sit down, possibly seek shade from the hot sun and relax a little before returning to whatever they were doing.

I hope that during the time the person takes to feel refreshed, they will reflect on the kindness that has been upon them today. Someone has given them N1,000k without asking for it, without seeking it. A little act of kindness goes a very long way, maybe this person will be the one to bless another one day. Although I have mentioned that N1,000k is not anything in the bigger picture, on the other hand, if spent wisely, it can be the difference between a family having dinner or not.

Today marks the 1,000th hour of my challenge and I am very happy to be able to announce that it has been a success. I have managed to reach out to 100 people and a total of N100,000k has been given out on my behalf. I really appreciate the support of my team and fans who back me and encourage me.

I am now looking to get back into the community to feed hungry children in less privileged areas. I have been fortunate enough to have run this project before and it was a huge success. In one week we fed 475 children from across Lagos. On the menu is Jollof Rice and either Meat or Chicken, all in individual take away containers with a spoon and fork. This is what I plan on doing again over the next few weeks.

Support for this project is essential. I would be very grateful to have you onboard with me by donating what you can to help me achieve this. I always use my own funds to ensure my projects run as planned, however with your support, I will be able to reach much further, helping more children, not just with food but education, housing and clothing too. You can donate via PayPal or bank transfer, I thank you in advance.

http://www.paypal.me/oyinboprincess

Lloyds Bank, Claire Edun, Sort Code - 30-67-72 and Account Number 27704360

FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA - @OyinboPrincess (Insta, FB, YouTube & Twitter)

Re: Oya Abeg Chop - By Oyinbo Princess by Valoa432: 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2020
Please can you help me,I am from Benin city I constructed a drone and I need financial support,inorder to to continue my passion.
Re: Oya Abeg Chop - By Oyinbo Princess by Nedlog01(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4. It's all free.
It's for those in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

A Shared Shop Space Available For Asun, Shawarma Makers / Combo Pack - 2.5kg Of Beans And 1kg Of Corn And Cassava Meal / Nutmeg Seed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.