Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,401 members, 7,850,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

3 Normal Things Nigerians Do That Lead To Pre-mature Death - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Normal Things Nigerians Do That Lead To Pre-mature Death (292 Views)

8 Dangerous & Deadly Things Most Nigerians Do Ignorantly; 1 & 2 Will Shock You / What Is The Permanent Cure For Pre- Mature Ejaculation? / Are You Suffering From Pre Mature Ejaculation?this Must Sure Help You Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Normal Things Nigerians Do That Lead To Pre-mature Death by OruExpress: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
I'll get straight to the point. There are practices our people engage in that many societies outlaw, avoid, or ban that can cause premature death or gradually build health complications. Here are a few and how they effect health. Hopefully you can try to discourage them in your own life or the life of people around you. And biko I don't need likes and shares, just support my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPWpwy54ow8tPc7xQnc6xjQ/videos (If you want to learn about Odinala)

1. Burning Trash - Burning trash, especially in a town or city is a highly dangerous practice that is destroying the lungs of many without them knowing. When you burn things, they don't go away. Instead fire breaks them down to a form capable of floating into the air. When you burn water it becomes smoke or vapor, but the vapor/smoke it's self is still water and if you have something to catch the vapor you will see.

Water isn't the only thing that becomes vapor. Chemicals, plastics and toxins used in making everyday things do not belong in your lungs. When you breath the smoke from burning trash it enters your lungs. Many of us walk around with plastics and poisonous chemicals in our lungs such as carbon-monoxide that are ordinarily used in places like the US for committing suicide. Carbon-monoxide is the reason people die for generator fumes in they're enclosed.

But that same death, or the same killing substance is being breathed in every single day in neighborhoods where people burn trash. I know there are few options for waste disposal in Nigeria but I want to warn people against this. Many of the people going to sleep and not waking up don't know what is killing them and it's often very common things like burning trash.

2. Using Sniper - Anything that is used to kill animals and insects also kills people. Snipe works because it's numbs the nerves in the lungs. When a large enough amount is breathed in by an insect, their brain is unable to communicate with their lungs and they can't breathe. But the same nerves are in human lungs and human brains. While an insect has few and thus requires less Sniper to kill, you need every nerve possible to remain health and alive.

You are killing that of the insect or even rodent but you're also killing your own. Over time you will develop respiratory issues and many have even died, again, without knowing what killed them. This is especially dangerous for small children. Death by snipe takes a very specialized autopsy to prove and since few can afford something like that, there are no numbers it. But Sniper is ban in the majority of Europe and almost every state in the US. Where it's still legal, it's ONLY permitted for OUTSIDE use. Using Sniper, especially indoors, can kill.

3. Malnutrition - Nigeria has to be the only country in the world where it's richest men are the most malnourished. Especially in the South. Malnutrition is often credited to a lack of food but in reality it's a lack of food diversity.

Many of us, especially older men, only eat 1 type of food. Some will eat garri or akpu for 6-20 years and nothing else. Morning garri, night garri, and repeat. I have noticed this as an issue with older men. Worst, when socializing they will only opt to drink beer, some reaching the point where they prefer it to water. If you think of what a rich man look like in NIgeria, and what a victim of malnutrition looks like, you will realize why life expectancy is dropping even among the wealth.

Protruding bellies
black rings around the eyes
Stunted growth
Tiredness, lack of rapid movement
Poor concentration
Colored or protruding eyes
Inability to survive surgery
Slow healing.

If you saw a malnourished adult and put the person next to a grow of older Nigerian men, you would even think the malnourished adult was a 'big man'. How often do we hear about people dying for routine surgery in Nigeria, even when they go abroad. Or politicians being sick and going to the hospital at an irregular rate. We complain that they 'keep going abroad for treatment' but don't ask ourselves why our wealthy need that much treatment to begin with. Nigerians, especially wealthier or older men, suffer from extreme malnutrition due to a like of food diversity.

Most of what we eat (Indomie, Rice, Garri, Akpu, Amala) is nurtrient poor. Meaning, that they only exist to trick out stomachs into thinking we have eat so that we don't feel hunger pains. There are 0 nutrients in these foods and that's why they can't be eaten alone like an orange or carrot.

When I see people stock up on these body killing foods during Covid, I don't know whether to cry or laugh. Please increase and sustain an increased diversity of food. Here in America, many Nigerian children are taller than their parents. This isn't genetics, it is because the children didn't suffer from a lack of food diversity like their parents. Many Nigerians are 2 feet shorter than they're actually supposed to be and dying 15 years earlier than normal...even the rich.

(1) (Reply)

Early Signs Of Alzheimer’s Disease Everyone Must Look Out For / Nigeria's Health Sector And My Experience / Why Is Waste Management Not Effective In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.