Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Pitbull VS Rotteweiler - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pitbull VS Rotteweiler (4689 Views)

PITBULL Vs ROTTWEILER – Which Is More Powerful? / A Female Rotteweiler X Caucasian Cross Breed For Sell In Ilorin / 4 Months Male Rotteweiler For Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 4:36am On Jun 27, 2020
Good day my people,there is something I don't seem to understand.
Between a Pitbull and a Rotteweiler,which is more good at security and which is also a fast selling breed among the two in Nigeria.
Your contributions would be highly welcomed.
Thanks.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by bigt2(m): 4:43am On Jun 27, 2020
Rottweiler is slightly larger than the pit bull and with that comes risks of joint problems (dysplasia etc) and other health risks.

However, the pit bull is more friendly as the rott will be more weary of strangers.

You'll should be able to sell both breeds fast.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by dlaw281(m): 6:02am On Jun 27, 2020
Will advise you go for rot
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by candyguyofficia(m): 6:11am On Jun 27, 2020
Security: I will go for Rott apart from it been vicious the size is intimidating. No offence to Pit bull but should one with confidence rub the center of Pitbull head (or without necessarily doing that) Pitbull would be nice and would calm down, this is definitely something you can't or would think trice before doing with a Rott (except maybe you the owner.

Sale: Both should be relatively easy to sell off. Pitbull is popular among celebrities so people will want to go with the trend while Rott is popular (largely for security reason). One can sell of both easily.

I own a Rott but have never own a Pitbull
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 8:13am On Jun 27, 2020
dlaw281:
Will advise you go for rot
Why ?
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2020
bigt2:
Rottweiler is slightly larger than the pit bull and with that comes risks of joint problems (dysplasia etc) and other health risks.

However, the pit bull is more friendly as the rott will be more weary of strangers.

So if I'm not mistaken,u said Rott is more security conscious. ?

2 Likes

Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 8:15am On Jun 27, 2020
candyguyofficia:
Security: I will go for Rott apart from it been vicious the size is intimidating. No offence to Pit bull but should one with confidence rub the center of Pitbull head (or without necessarily doing that) Pitbull would be nice and would calm down, this is definitely something you can't or would think trice before doing with a Rott (except maybe you the owner.

Sale: Both should be relatively easy to sell off. Pitbull is popular among celebrities so people will want to go with the trend while Rott is popular (largely for security reason). One can sell of both easily.

I own a Rott but have never own a Pitbull
ur advice support Rott
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2020
The truth is i need a dog that can cause more damage to any burglar that invade my home.

Coz burglars are rampant here,though I'm not a first timer breeder ooo,i hv been into dogs for years but I need ur opinion on this,thats why I'm here.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by bigt2(m): 10:03am On Jun 27, 2020
Herdeyholuwa:

So if I'm not mistaken,u said Rott is more security conscious. ?
Yeah Rottweiler s are bred to guard. They are bigger than pit bull terrier which were bred to fight with dogs of their size.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 10:57am On Jun 27, 2020
bigt2:

Yeah Rottweiler s are bred to guard. They are bigger than pit bull terrier which were bred to fight with dogs of their size.
Let's wait for the comments of those that breeds pitbull.
Make we hear from dem too
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by amizzy48(m): 6:24am On Jun 28, 2020
If want dog that will cause serious damage to a burglar and a dog that is aggressive at the site of any unfamiliar person, rott will serve the job better.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Namdeenero(m): 8:04am On Jun 28, 2020
All these people praising Rottweiler here I’m sure y’all have never owned a real pitbull before. Op don’t joke with a real APBT. Where a Rottweiler will waste time barking, a pitbull will attack

Inpic is Lion my neighbors APBT that made him sell off his two Rottweilers grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Kaykay999(m): 10:32am On Jun 28, 2020
Namdeenero:
All these people praising Rottweiler here I’m sure y’all have never owned a real pitbull before. Op don’t joke with a real APBT. Where a Rottweiler will waste time barking, a pitbull will attack

Wow ur pit bull nah confirm full breed
But to find the full breed here in Nigeria nh war
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Namdeenero(m): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2020
Kaykay999:

Wow ur pit bull nah confirm full breed
But to find the full breed here in Nigeria nh war
E dey.. A friend recently bred his female pitbull with an American bully, mad combo
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by LtChisom: 11:57am On Jun 28, 2020
bigt2:

Its totally clear you are biased against the rot as you may be pit seller, op simply asked which dog is better for security as allhyou were able to highlight was the health problems of rot, now who told you that pits don't suffer worse degenerative disease than rot?
Op, for your question, rot is 100% better than pit for security, and for marketing, those who need security dogs like rot will buy them.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by LtChisom: 12:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
Herdeyholuwa:
The truth is i need a dog that can cause more damage to any burglar that invade my home.

Coz burglars are rampant here,though I'm not a first timer breeder ooo,i hv been into dogs for years but I need ur opinion on this,thats why I'm here.
You should know that no serious burglar with gun will fear your dog. A dog should only be there to make noise and alert you, and should only attack when very necessary. We should sometimes have our dogs safety at heart.

3 Likes

Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by LtChisom: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
Namdeenero:

This your lion go follow me go house if I jam am. Real pits are just aggressive not territorial, I wish you knew the difference .

2 Likes

Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by olamirewaju6190: 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lol you guys must be kidding me! Rott over pitbull??! FYI pitbull are band in some countries and not advisable for first time dog owner to start with. Pit bull would take down rott easily, pitbull so dangerous and temperamental that it could attack the owner! Not advisable for you to have a pitbull bros since you just a first time dog owner Rott is still okay to have around and with children! But pitbull!! Hell no! Pitbull is the kinda American police shoot first ask questions later..

1 Like

Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Dreazy23(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2020
olamirewaju6190:
Lol you guys must be kidding me! Rott over pitbull??! FYI pitbull are band in some countries and not advisable for first time dog owner to start with. Pit bull would take down rott easily, pitbull so dangerous and temperamental that it could attack the owner! Not advisable for you to have a pitbull bros since you just a first time dog owner Rott is still okay to have around and with children! But pitbull!! Hell no! Pitbull is the kinda American police shoot first ask questions later..

Rotts are actually bigger and stronger, except you’re talking about an American bully which I will then understand. Also if you keep a rott(willing to fight) and a Pitbull (also willing to fight ) the Pitbull stands no chance.

Ops both dogs are great for security but rott are quite popular and bigger. P.s most people confuse a bully and a Pitbull.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Namdeenero(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
LtChisom:

This your lion go follow me go house if I jam am. Real pits are just aggressive not territorial, I wish you knew the difference .
Hehehehe I wish you meet this guy, I stay in Owerri you’re welcome to come visit. This guy is the alpha innthe compound with a male and female Rottweiler. He owns mating rights to the female, he breeds the female Rottweiler in all her heat period. If you know the owner of Orange room in Owerri, he owns two of this guys sons. He’s not aggressive outside chief but inside that compound this guy is a devil. He once tried to drag the barb wires to gain entry into our compound because someone brought a female Caucasian to breed with my male. That would have been his worst mistake sha cos my boy will tear him to shreds. I’ll still chose a Caucasian ovcharka over a Rottweiler or pitbull but lemme reserve my comment since the post is centered on the other two
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by bigt2(m): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
LtChisom:

Its totally clear you are biased against the rot as you may be pit seller, op simply asked which dog is better for security as allhyou were able to highlight was the health problems of rot, now who told you that pits don't suffer worse degenerative disease than rot?
Op, for your question, rot is 100% better than pit for security, and for marketing, those who need security dogs like rot will buy them.

I did not pose to sell or to insinuate the rott to be bad. All i meant was

rott is bigger than PBT
Therefore it has risks of health problems related to big dogs, terrier isnt immprtal neither.

The rot has guard instincts while PBT was bred to fight.
Therefore being a bigger and more guard instinct dog, the rott is better in this aspect too. Pit bulls are more defined and strong too, but you wont be surprised of your pit bull comes home with a friend or rolls on the floor for strangers instead of guarding.

Now tell me where i picked the side? Read thoroughly!

1 Like

Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by etrange: 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
olamirewaju6190:

I knew people would easily get emotional and deviate from the question. The OP didn't ask which one would win in a fight. The OP asked which would be a better security dog. And rott is definitely better as it's far more territorial than a pitbull. Rotts are guard dogs.

About fighting: People will come here to defend either their preferd dog, the one they have or the one they've seen in action. It's possible to see a pitbull win in a fight, it's also possible to see a rott win. But generally, rotts are bigger dogs and so they have the size advantage while pitbulls have much better agility.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by drchuks1234(m): 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
Namdeenero:
Hehehehe I wish you meet this guy, I stay in Owerri you’re welcome to come visit. This guy is the alpha innthe compound with a male and female Rottweiler. He owns mating rights to the female, he breeds the female Rottweiler in all her heat period. If you know the owner of Orange room in Owerri, he owns two of this guys sons. He’s not aggressive outside chief but inside that compound this guy is a devil. He once tried to drag the barb wires to gain entry into our compound because someone brought a female Caucasian to breed with my male. That would have been his worst mistake sha cos my boy will tear him to shreds. I’ll still chose a Caucasian ovcharka over a Rottweiler or pitbull but lemme reserve my comment since the post is centered on the other two
guy inbox me your number i will like to come see for myself ,am at worldbank,i have rott and gsd mx bb
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Namdeenero(m): 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
drchuks1234:
guy inbox me your number i will like to come see for myself ,am at worldbank,i have rott and gsd mx bb
Drop yours chief
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by LtChisom: 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2020
bigt2:

I did not pose to sell or to insinuate the rott to be bad. All i meant was

rott is bigger than PBT
Therefore it has risks of health problems related to big dogs, terrier isnt immprtal neither.

The rot has guard instincts while PBT was bred to fight.
Therefore being a bigger and more guard instinct dog, the rott is better in this aspect too. Pit bulls are more defined and strong too, but you wont be surprised of your pit bull comes home with a friend or rolls on the floor for strangers instead of guarding.

Now tell me where i picked the side? Read thoroughly!
But what you wrote now wasn't related to what you wrote now, you never highlighted that the rot was a better security dog than pit, and you never said the pit was playful with strangers. Maybe you need to edit your previous post but am happy you were straight with the answer now which is that the rot is a better security dog than pit. A pit is just a pet that with improper training becomes abnormally agressive to both humans and animals.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by LtChisom: 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
Namdeenero:
Though I was teasing cos a normal sane human wouldn't see a beast like this and venture to it, me inclusive.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
Wow!! alot has happned while i was away...lemme read comments one after the other
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
Most pple hav deviated from the questions I asked
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
amizzy48:
If want dog that will cause serious damage to a burglar and a dog that is aggressive at the site of any unfamiliar person, rott will serve the job better.

Pits can also cause serious damage too,but I heard Pits are not mostly aggresive to humans,i watched the vid on Youtube
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
Namdeenero:
E dey.. A friend recently bred his female pitbull with an American bully, mad combo
Can I have his number

1 Like

Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by LtChisom: 6:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
olamirewaju6190:
The OP is asking for an intelligent security dog not an abnormal volatile unbalanced temperance beast.
Re: Pitbull VS Rotteweiler by Herdeyholuwa(m): 6:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
Namdeenero:

Lol..as this ur boy dey look self...fear don dey catch me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pure Breed Female BOERBOEL For Sale(one Year Plus) / Male And Female Lion For Sale / What Kind Of Snake Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.