Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma (45095 Views)

FG Approves Reopening Of Universities, Polytechnics, Unity Schools On October 12 / COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools / Parents, Teachers Panic As Lunatic,hoodlums Take Over Ekiti School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by bergs2: 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
Uganda President KAGUTA MUSEVENI warns against people misbehaving during this COVID-19 period.

"God has a lot of work, He has the whole world to look after. He cannot just be here in Uganda looking after idiots...".
In a war situation, nobody asks anyone to stay indoors. You stay indoors by choice. In fact, if you have a basement, you hide there for as long as hostilities persist. During a war, you don't insist on your freedom. You willingly give it up in exchange for survival. During a war, you don't complain of hunger. You bear hunger and pray that you live to eat again

During a war, you don't argue about opening your business. You close your shop (if you have the time), and run for your life. You pray to outlive the war so that you can return to your business (that's if it has not been looted or destroyed by mortar fire.

During a war, you are thankful to God for seeing another day in the land of the living. During a war, you don't worry about your children not going to school. You pray that the government does not forcefully enlist them as soldiers to be trained in the school premises now turned military depot.

The world is currently in a state of war. A war without guns and bullets. A war without human soldiers. A war without borders. A war without cease-fire agreements. A war without a war room. A war without sacred zones.

The army in this war is without mercy. It is without any milk of human kindness. It is indiscriminate - it has no respect for children, women, or places of worship. This army is not interested in spoils of war. It has no intention of regime change. It is not concerned about the rich mineral resources underneath the earth. It is not even interested in religious, ethnic or ideological hegemony. Its ambition has nothing to do with racial superiority. It is an invisible, fleetfooted, and ruthlessly effective army.

Its only agenda is a harvest of death. It is only satiated after turning the world into one big death field..

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by sageb: 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2020
Opeyemi4real:
You are right! I'm not surprised, Oyo is a pace setter state. If Oyo is ready, then schools can be opened.
Asiwaju ni wa, GSM is a visionary leader. I remember the day the speaker Adebo Ogundoyin was sent to my PPA to donate books for our students. The man was so jovial and free with us (corp members at the PPA). I am a Niger Deltan.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Obierika(m): 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2020
Maybe they want other people to follow their late ex-governor to the great beyond!
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Harbdulrasaq(m): 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2020
Nigeria’s problems are not the illiterates; they are the half educated! People who actually went to school and graduated but never seem to apply the knowledge!

1. School resumes for what reason in this global pandemic? WAEC is West African based so we can’t write SSCE even if school resumes; Economic reasons? When inter state travels are relatively still locked; JSS3 Exams? How many of you collected yours to further your education

2. If coronavirus is false; let them resume schools and see the outcome; Israel had to shutdown schools back; so let’s learn from Oyo

3. School and education; very important but after this lockdown, economic reforms should be top priority not opening schools

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Joshmodest(m): 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:

Their old teachers nko? How about retransmitting it to older lesser immune parents

Is your useless JSS3 certificate and WAEC any benefitial to your whole life to kill yourself over

clearly a vaccine is not in sight, and we unargueably cant run the online classes,do we keep the kids at home for the next 3 years. At some point dey have 2 resume .

6 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Angelfrost(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:

Will Makinde's kid resume with Oyo kids or stay in America

I know not where his kid resides or schools, neither do I know what that has got to do with what we are discussing here... Did you equally wonder whether his kids would be going to markets, boarding keke, bikes, churches, etc, prior to ending or halting lock down weeks back??!...

Please, can we stick to the issues here??! Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ArticleBeast: 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:
cool

Idiot Makinde, Oyo State is having a huge surge with hundred new cases daily but this same idiot that held PDP Mega Rally during Covid 19 also wants to open schools, since he has finished the 2billion covid 19 funds he needs new money to pay off election expenses

His own wife and kids are already in America with best of hospitals

They are in naija. You are blabbing like an illiterate

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by techmo(m): 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2020
Joshmodest:
clearly a vaccine is not in sight, and we unargueably cant run the online classes,do we keep the kids at home for the next 3 years. At some point dey have 2 resume .

A vaccine is already passed clinical trail phase and incase you don't know, Texas did the same and reopened now they are having a crisis same as Ghana and South Africa

4 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ArticleBeast: 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
ElvisPresley:
This is a very bad move by the state government...Let the kids continue with their virtual classes till a vaccine or cure is found for this menacing virus..

A word is enough for the wise
So if a cure or vaccine isn't found for 10 years the children should stay at home? Has ebola and Hiv vaccine been discovered? The foolish parents are asking government to open church, mosque and market because it ghost that sell there.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by holsconcept(m): 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
The government has stated their position knowing fully well Corona Virus is not severe especially to younger ones. Be as it may, if parents are not sure of safety of their children in the school, they should allow their children stay at home while others allow theirs to attend. Likewise if a teacher think he or she is not safe in the school, such should stay at home and forfeit salary for that period till he or she is ready to work.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Bevima: 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
2mercy:
• Move Is Suicidal, Say Parents.

• It’s Insensitive – FG.

• We’re Concerned About Safety Of Teachers, Pupils, Admits NUT

• We Are Ready For Any Eventuality – State Govt

https://m.guardian.ng/news/parents-teachers-in-dilemma-as-oyo-re-opens-schools-on-monday/

Even if i reside in that state, nothing on Earth will make my child resume this July when it's completely obvious that proper guidelines and checks have not been put in place at all schools in the state to safeguard pupils.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by techmo(m): 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
ArticleBeast:

They are in naija. You are blabbing like an illiterate

Only a dunce would read what I wrote and call me illiterate (inability to read or write)

And for you shallow mind they are safely in Texas USA
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ArticleBeast: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
mamaafrik:
Makinde.....,an ex -governor just died of covid 19 complications and you expect people to resume to school.
Se orieee pe sha
People die of malaria daily

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by qanda: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
Non-interested parents have the option of keeping their children/wards at home.

Parents and Guardians who take the welfare of their children/wards seriously and will not risk rushing them back to a physical school should enrol them on Q and A App Academy. With Q and A App, their learning needs will be met.

On Q and A App, learner's are assigned to subject teachers and they are assessed weekly.

Install the App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Perfecttouchade: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How are the parents selfish?
the part that got me is "the student's immunity to the virus is high" says who? grin

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ArticleBeast: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
Seetto:
It will be practically impossible for makinde to win second term..
Says Ikechukwu from Abia state
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Perfecttouchade: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How are the parents selfish?
the part that got me is "the student's immunity to the virus is very high" says who? grin
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ukpahu(m): 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Perfecttouchade: 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
ArticleBeast:

People die of malaria daily
and biko, answer dis "malaria no get cure?
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
Two possibilities:

1. Seyi Makinde, the governor of Oyo will has a long battle with guilt if this turns to be a bad move. These are children and teens. It is on him.

2. Seyi Makinde will be positioned as a good strategist if this turns to be a smart move.

The issue is that Nigeria is without any database. We are making guesses. It is even hard for people in authority to make decisions because there is absolutely nothing to work with. It is always gambling and guesses when it comes to making decisions in Nigeria.

We can continue debating this issue, but if I were a parent in Oyo, I would not allow my children to resume. Never and Never.

We need to see ourselves and correct the faulty foundation called Nigeria. It is not late but it is getting late.

So help us God.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ArticleBeast: 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jakemedg:
How are those parents been selfish?

Speaking about students immunity to the virus been high okay what about their parents (with weak immune system) who they will return to after school?
Who do the parents return to after their visit to the market, daily hustles, and roaming around without face mask?

7 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ukpahu(m): 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
undecided
ukpahu:
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by Naijaarchive(m): 12:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
All i know is we can't stay like this forever not even till December... The funny thing is the primary and secondary sch students at home are mingling together... Playing.. Attending lessons and nothing seems wrong with any of them... We all know this virus is lethal to people of old age and with other complicated health issues...

5 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by obonujoker(m): 12:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
ElvisPresley:
This is a very bad move by the state government...Let the kids continue with their virtual classes till a vaccine or cure is found for this menacing virus..

A word is enough for the wise

Which Virtual classes oga?? Which Virtual classes??

You must think you are in America o grin

5 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ArticleBeast: 12:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
and biko, answer dis "malaria no get cure?
Covid 19 is here to stay like hiv aids. People will die and people will survive. So with malaria treatment people don't die of it abi?
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by MPESA(m): 12:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:

Since your papa no gree buy radio for your family, you no fit hear the commissioner of finance make such announcement

And you think say I be you weh still dey your parents house....
Keep on fooling yourself in defending a Failed Government of thieves while they montage your future and of your future Generations to come.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ArticleBeast: 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2020
techmo:

Only a dunce would read what I wrote and call me illiterate (inability to read or write)

And for you shallow mind they are safely in Texas USA
Can you give me a link to your claims?
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by fergie001: 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2020
KanwuIiaExtra:
can I see the guidelines the ministry of education submitted to the national assembly on reopening of schools?
anyone to help with the link?
cc fergie001 2mercy naptu2 et all
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/fg-sets-stringent-conditions-for-school-reopening/%3famp=1
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by ukpahu(m): 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2020
pls dont open school
Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by holsconcept(m): 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2020
ArticleBeast:

So if a cure or vaccine isn't found for 10 years the children should stay at home? Has ebola and Hiv vaccine been discovered? The foolish parents are asking government to open church, mosque and market because it ghost that sell there.

Thanks for this. May be government should stop salary till vaccine is found and everybody is ready to work.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by mrsteel: 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
slimanyd:
After a week , FG will also toil the path of Oyo state as well. All the covid 19 System GSM is using, FG later adopted it . Watch out for school resumption all over the country after a week or 2 weeks once Oyo state does there's
True!
I don't even understand
Kids are no longer at home, they now go to churches or play around d neighborhood.
It will make no different if schools should resume

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma by techmo(m): 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Can you give me a link to your claims?

Only a dunce would ask for a link on location of anyone

When last have you seen ominimi in news in Ibadan? Even all throughout Seyi's scam covid 19 pretence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

#11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos / #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out / Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.