Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

W - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / W (4389 Views)

� 7series � B.M.W.Toks..@3.870m / #######B-R-A-N-D__N-E-W= 2018 Toyota Highlander Xle Limited...price 39.5m FIXED / ########### Mint Clean 2013 B M W - X6 - ////m Power Grand Sport.....price 24.8m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

W by Skyclub14: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2020
E
Re: W by inspiredbelieve: 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
Lexus. Benz is costlier to maintain

1 Like

Re: W by Lummid(m): 1:18am On Jun 28, 2020
The Lexus is faster, more reliable and cheaper to maintain.
Re: W by oladipuposadeeq(m): 7:46am On Jun 28, 2020
Lummid:
Oga mi lexus isn't faster it has a faster take off point compared to the benz but as soon as the c300 hits 80km the rate at which it would accelerate the lexus would get lost. I dont either but i have delivered both to clients in Abuja so i am talking from experience but when it comes down to maintenance and availability of parts the Lexus is way better.

9 Likes

Re: W by KELECHI02(m): 8:23am On Jun 28, 2020
Lummid:

brother...Lexus is not faster...it has aesthetic value.... when it comes to performanc which include handling,acceleration, speed and stability at high speed the Benz beat Lexus hands down....but when its comes to comfort,elegance and style the Lexus beat benz..

talking from experience..

4 Likes

Re: W by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:25am On Jun 28, 2020
KELECHI02:

brother...Lexus is not faster...it has aesthetic value.... when it comes to performanc which include handling,acceleration, speed and stability at high speed the Benz beat Lexus hands down....but when its comes to comfort,elegance and style the Lexus beat benz..

boss when it comes to comfort, elegance and style Benz is way beyond lexus. Its just maintenance because when you are buying a part of lexus for 40k just know the Benz would be almost twice if not more

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: W by elvhinzey(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
You said, "Lexus 350 2008", but you didn't specify the trim.
Is it ES350, GS350, IS350 or RX350?

To be honest, either of both will be a great deal. Price range almost the same, as well.

If i were you, I'll pick up the Lexus(GS350).

Cheers!
l

NB: Benz doesn't tumble.

6 Likes

Re: W by 2shure: 11:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
Which benz is expensive to maintain. Stop spreading lies.

4 Likes

Re: W by Lucky4real28(m): 12:39am On Jun 29, 2020
The Benz wins it for Me, I have owned and driven both countless times
If I am to compare the premium of both cars
Parts price = Lexus wins by a small margin, RWD is better, 4matic shocks are more expensive.
Speed and stability = Benz wins by far
Sound system = Benz Haram kardon is by far better than Lexus mark levinson
Body part of Benz is by far stronger than Lexus, an impact with the Lexus will explain better.
Benz does not tumble because it’s more stable when on high speed and the car feel heavy.
Fuel consumption the Lexus wins.
The interior material of Benz is by far more expensive, the leather seats don’t tear easily and dashboard don’t crack
Benz engine is stronger, Gear box don’t damage easily too.
Second hand value, the Lexus ES wins.
The Lexus es350 is just a fancy Camry, very light to drive, the GS300 and the GS350 are better Lexus in my honest opinion but still don’t come close to the W204 Benz.
IS250 and 350 is also worth a mention but dashboard problem and amplifier issues if you drive through flood make me dislike it and it’s small interior space.
Also Lexus keys are easily stolen and programmed on another Lexus but not for the Benz because it’s programmed to the EIS, this explains why lexus keys are always stolen at the port but never for a Benz, except a honest mistake.

20 Likes

Re: W by Dowenship(m): 9:54am On Jun 29, 2020
If you need Lexus Es350, kindly check my profile for my signature
Re: W by boycasio(m): 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
KELECHI02:

Brother he did not mention the exact Lexus, he just said Lexus 350, it can be IS, ES, GS, LX.. and so on
But if it’s GS 350 AWD that I own, bro it’s faster than Benz C300 4Matic, mind you I currently own both cars

3 Likes

Re: W by ChineduObinna(m): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
You have sealed the topic
Lucky4real28:
Parts price = Lexus wins by a small margin, RWD is better, 4matic shocks are more expensive.
Body part of Benz is by far stronger than Lexus, an impact with the Lexus will explain better.
Benz does not tumble because it’s more stable when on high speed and the car feel heavy.
The interior material of Benz is by far more expensive, the leather seats don’t tear easily and dashboard don’t crack
The Lexus es350 is just a fancy Camry, very light to drive, the GS300 and the GS350 are better Lexus in my honest opinion but still don’t come close to the W204 Benz.
IS250 and 350 is also worth a mention but dashboard problem and amplifier issues if you drive through flood make me dislike it and it’s small interior space.
Also Lexus keys are easily stolen and programmed on another Lexus but not for the Benz because it’s programmed to the EIS, this explains why lexus keys are always stolen at the port but never for a Benz, except a honest mistake.

1 Like

Re: W by ChineduObinna(m): 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
boycasio:

Brother he did not mention the exact Lexus, he just said Lexus 350, it can be IS, ES, GS, LX.. and so on
But if it’s GS 350 AWD that I own, bro it’s faster than Benz C300 4Matic, mind you I currently own both cars

Your GS 350 AWD definitely consumes more fuel than the C300 4Matic

2 Likes

Re: W by ChineduObinna(m): 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
Then again, I always hear long stories about Benz being expensive to maintain.

How?
Maintainance: changing oil, oil seal et al as at when due, breakpads stay till forever, fuel pump doesn't develope issues, fuel filter is durable, suspension seems to last a lifetime, bulbs haven't died yet,

It's not a car you wake up to start hearing kamkamkam on one leg or whatever

So where's the expenses coming from?

7 Likes

Re: W by ChineduObinna(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2020
Skyclub14:
hello car gurus , please help me on which car to buy between Mercedes c300 2009 vs lexus 350 2008 ..Plus which one has a second hand sale value in Nigeria because intend to use either of them for just 1 year

They both have good resale value,
The ES 350 should be the full option though for you to pick it over the C300 IMO.
Re: W by boycasio(m): 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
ChineduObinna:

Your GS 350 AWD definitely consumes more fuel than the C300 4Matic

I know the power under the hood so I’m actually not complaining but we talking about speed here not fuel consumption.
Re: W by kingreign(m): 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Skyclub14:
hello car gurus , please help me on which car to buy between Mercedes c300 2009 vs lexus 350 2008 ..Plus which one has a second hand sale value in Nigeria because intend to use either of them for just 1 year
There's no such thing as a Lexus 350. What Lexus had for 2008 was RX350, ES350, GS350, IS350.

So do check well and revert back.

1 Like

Re: W by kingreign(m): 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
Lucky4real28:
[s]The Benz wins it for Me, I have owned and driven both countless times
Also Lexus keys are easily stolen and programmed on another Lexus but not for the Benz because it’s programmed to the EIS, this explains why lexus keys are always stolen at the port but never for a Benz, except a honest mistake.[/s]
Utter gibberish.

Heavenlybang Abeg come school him on what he's ignorant about.
Re: W by kingreign(m): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
elvhinzey:
You said, "Lexus 350 2008", but you didn't specify the trim.
Is it ES350, GS350, IS350 or RX350?

To be honest, either of both will be a great deal. Price range almost the same, as well.

If i were you, I'll pick up the Lexus(GS350).

Cheers!
l

NB: Benz doesn't tumble.
Fallacy!
Re: W by kingreign(m): 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
boss when it comes to comfort, elegance and style Benz is way beyond lexus. Its just maintenance because when you are buying a part of lexus for 40k just know the Benz would be almost twice if not more
Very debatable and depends on context of debate.
Re: W by kingreign(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2020
KELECHI02:

Absolutely very very debatable and also depends on context of debate.
Re: W by kingreign(m): 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
inspiredbelieve:
Lexus. Benz is costlier to maintain
Lummid:
Highly debatable and depends on context of debate.
Re: W by kingreign(m): 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
Oga mi lexus isn't faster it has a faster take off point compared to the benz but as soon as the c300 hits 80km the rate at which it would accelerate the lexus would get lost. I dont either but i have delivered both to clients in Abuja so i am talking from experience but when it comes down to maintenance and availability of parts the Lexus is way better.
Except it's an IS250 or a sick Lexus or an SUV.

Let's leave that for now.
Your points are flawed!
Re: W by kingreign(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
boycasio:

Here is someone that spoke absolutely correctly.

1 Like

Re: W by king406(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Let me park here and observe.
Re: W by kingreign(m): 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
king406:
Let me park here and observe.

Lol, baba ignorance plenty for this thread sha.
Re: W by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
kingreign:

Utter gibberish.

Heavenlybang Abeg come school him on what he's ignorant about.

Is there really a need? People will believe what they want to believe either way.

Lucky4real28:

- Lexus parts are a lot cheaper.
- Both cars have aluminum bodies. Cars aren't built to withstand damage either, I'm not sure what you're talking about. They're literally built to crumple.
- You're perhaps the only person on Earth who thinks Mark Levinson is worse than Harman Kardon.
- Benz faster? Interesting. I wonder why the ES350 is a full second faster to 60mph, faster in the quarter mile, and with a higher trap speed.
I'll give you stability and handling, though. Benz is far ahead.
- I beg your pardon. A W204 is filled with plastic, hardly any better than an ES350. Sound deadening is better, though, and the interior is better outlined. But in terms of materials, the Benz is nothing special.
- Yeah, Benz engine and transmission are stronger. Transmission less so, but the ES350's transmission is even worse, so the Benz is still ahead.

I agree with the other points.

Re: W by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
Oga mi lexus isn't faster it has a faster take off point compared to the benz but as soon as the c300 hits 80km the rate at which it would accelerate the lexus would get lost

Every single scientific test out there says you're wrong. Only on Nairaland will someone claim that the car with 40 HP more is slower at higher speeds, lmao. At the low-end, possible, but high-end is where the HP advantage always shows

The ES beats the C300 in the quarter mile, and with a higher trap speed.

1 Like

Re: W by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
Btw, OP, buy a C350. The C300 4matic is a way worse car.

1 Like

Re: W by TuneChi369(m): 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
Lucky4real28:
...Nice write up.

2 Likes

Re: W by king406(m): 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
kingreign:

Lol, baba ignorance plenty for this thread sha.
i’m amazed by the fact that some people think they know which lexus he’s referring to
Re: W by king406(m): 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
The thing is some people think C300 and C350 have the same engine just because they have the same engine cover grin. That was how someone was telling me a C230 and E350 have the same engine grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

2001/2002 Clean Toyota Rav4 For Sale / TOKUMBO 2005 TOYOTA TACOMA FOR SALE / PRICE REDUCED:-Clean Lagos Cleared HONDA PILOTS 2004,2005 Models For only 1.7M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.