Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,990 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:23 PM

How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers (1226 Views)

So Much Money From My Pawpaw Harvest(pictures) / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 50 Broilers From A Day Old To 6 Weeks / How Many Bags Of Feed Is Needed In Rearing Layers To Maturity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers by BlueBanana: 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
Good day all and Happy Weekend

Please house, I'm interested in poultry farming. I will like to know how much I can make from rearing Ten broilers and selling them at Eight weeks. And also how much money it is going to cost.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers by BlueBanana: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
Reply needed urgently
Re: How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers by Xristars(m): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
im happy by the fact you wish to start small.

Cost of production
#380 per broile. 10 = 3800
feed per Bag is 3910(Wholesale) you need about 4bags. though not too sure.
drinkers and feeders is 250 you just need one each. but you can substitute with your house plate.

you need time too and extra cash in case sickness comes.
I'm talking from experience, I lost 4 broilers due to negligence and lack of extra cash for drugs.
I presently have three cockerels. those ones strong , upon sickness only two die.

But guy do your market survrey and research before venturing.
im presently Writing my business plan to keep 50 broilers.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers by BlueBanana: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2020
Xristars:
im happy by the fact you wish to start small.

Cost of production
#380 per broile. 10 = 3800
feed per Bag is 3910(Wholesale) you need about 4bags. though not too sure.
drinkers and feeders is 250 you just need one each. but you can substitute with your house plate.

you need time too and extra cash in case sickness comes.
I'm talking from experience, I lost 4 broilers due to negligence and lack of extra cash for drugs.
I presently have three cockerels. those ones strong , upon sickness only two die.

But guy do your market survrey and research before venturing.
im presently Writing my business plan to keep 50 broilers.
Wow, thanks for the insight bro. I really appreciate. Sorry for your lost birds though. Please can you give me an estimate on how much I should budget for regular vaccinations and drugs. Also, how long do you have to keep the birds before selling them and how much are they sold for?
Re: How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers by Xristars(m): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
BlueBanana:

Wow, thanks for the insight bro. I really appreciate. Sorry for your lost birds though. Please can you give me an estimate on how much I should budget for regular vaccinations and drugs. Also, how long do you have to keep the birds before selling them and how much are they sold for?

vaccines you need.
Gumboro vaccine I priced it yesterday 200dose is 950
Lasota vaccine 100dose 350
vitamins and antibiotics 800
coccidiosis: cocci Care 300.

you keep for 8-12weeks

selling price 2k and above. I haven't confirmed yet.
I'm presently writing my business plan for 50 broiler some investors indicated interest.

but hope you belong to a poultry farming group on Facebook. they alsi help
Re: How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers by BlueBanana: 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
Xristars:

vaccines you need.

you keep for 8-12weeks

I'm presently writing my business plan for 50 broiler some investors indicated interest.

Thank you immensely for your help and insight
However I don't see the profit in the business.

Cost of Day Olds(for 10)= N3800
Cost of Feed N3910*4= N15640
Cost of Medication = N2400
These expenses equal N21840
Whereas the Cost of Selling the broilers amount to only N20,000 which cannot cover the cost of expenses. Maybe you can explain to me how profit is made in the business
Anyway
I will appreciate it if you can tell me the Facebook groups so I can join. Thanks all the same
Re: How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers by Xristars(m): 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
BlueBanana:

Thank you immensely for your help and insight
However I don't see the profit in the business.

Cost of Day Olds(for 10)= N3800
Cost of Feed N3910*4= N15640
Cost of Medication = N2400
These expenses equal N21840
Whereas the Cost of Selling the broilers amount to only N20,000 which cannot cover the cost of expenses. Maybe you can explain to me how profit is made in the business
Anyway
I will appreciate it if you can tell me the Facebook groups so I can join. Thanks all the same

most of these prices can be reduced, especially medication and also don't stick on 2k as your selling price because birds can attain tremendous weight and sell higher.

But, anyways search for poultry farming on Facebook book.
you will see numerous results join about two. I belong to poultry farmer of Nigeria and two others.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers by Ayotemide(f): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
Xristars:

vaccines you need.

you keep for 8-12weeks

Please where can I get these vaccines.
Re: How Much Money Can I Make Rearing 10 Broilers by Xristars(m): 12:56am On Sep 28, 2020
Ayotemide:

Please where can I get these vaccilnes.
Check where they sell poultry products, you could also ask and existing farmer.

Here in Ogun state, we have a place they sell all poultry related stuffs.

(1) (Reply)

CHIKUN (0lam Feed) Distributor Needed / Update "40acres For Sale In Siun" 20 Acres Sold!! / Only USD 1400 you can own a Tricycle Cargo Car---imported

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.