Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports (20433 Views)

FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports / COVID-19: FAAN Threatens To Jail VIPs, Others Flouting Airports Protocols / COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by Islie: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
As the country gears up to restart commercial flights, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria is set to deploy robots in its airports all over the country, The PUNCH has learnt.

It was gathered that the robots would be used for passenger facilitation processes including profiling, check-ins, temperature checks as well as detection of security threats including dangerous goods and arms.

Confirming the development, General Manager, Corporate Affairs, Henrietta Yakubu told our correspondent over the phone that the test run of the robots was done at the Lagos Airport on Saturday.

“It’s a demo that is going on in Lagos. It’s been demonstrated. If it works fine, it will be adopted,”
she said.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority today conducted a simulation flight ahead of the reopening of the country’s airspace to commercial operations.

The flight was operated by Aero Contractors beginning from the Abuja Airport to the Lagos Airport and vice-versa.

The regulator is expected to announce the resumption date for scheduled domestic operations anytime soon.

The country’s airports and airspace were shut in March by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.). as part of measures to curb the spread of the lethal coronavirus.

The President’s order, however, permitted the operations of essential flights such as for medical supplies, evacuation, others.

https://punchng.com/covid-19-faan-to-deploy-robots-in-airports/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by BtcAirdrop: 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
Our own dey always different.. The robot looks hungry.. And maybe a pair of concave...

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by doggedfighter(f): 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
BtcAirdrop:
Our own dey always different.. The robot looks hungry..
Buhahahahahahahahahaha

15 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by BlowYourMind: 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
It will declare missing soon

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by TheFreeOne: 5:36pm On Jun 27, 2020
I hope there'll always be electricity to power these robots and won't be stolen/relocated to a politician's house.

19 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by Inkling(f): 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
Robot wey go start to swallow money

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by Nbote(m): 5:44pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hehehehehehe... Who wants to bet those robots will stop working even before flights resume

47 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by Dealvault: 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
I sell easy-to-follow pre-downloaded Video course on various I.T skills u can master by yourself in ur house during this corona period. These are collection of some of the best Paid Courses on Udemy, Lynda, Skillshare, Packt, Udacity, Edureka e.t.c

Data Science(8 courses, total size30gb)
Programming (10 courses, total size 20gb)
Web development(5 courses, size 35gb)
SQL beginner to advanced(3 courses, 20gb)
Mobile App Development(3 courses, size 10gb)
Cybersecurity & Ethical hacking(4 courses, 12gb)

Remember if this lockdown is over and you do not learn a new skill or improve on the existing one, you do not lack time, you lack discipline.

Whatsapp me on 234-806 _4943' 297 for more details. Note: i will deliver to ur doorstep(pay on delivery)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by AsaSage: 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
Okay ooo
Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by HolyTitus(m): 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ploy to cash out again

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by EwuGambia: 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ro what?....
Haqhaqhaqhaq...we know say nah joke

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by techmo(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
cool

Naija always carrying last

Dubai and Abu Dhabi Airport uses Automatic passport checking as far back as I can remember, and their toilets flushes when a sensor detects you are done, hand dryers also use sensors

Even small Ghana built a wonderful fully automated check in systems at their current best airport, Kotoko airport

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by sexiestharam(f): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
Robots that would malfunction. No be naija we dey? cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by NwaNimo1(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2020

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
grin

The robot should be heavily guided By security men.

It could he stolen or kidnapped angry

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by Judolisco(m): 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2020
grin
Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
Oshey

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by barrypro: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
Nigeria my country.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by darfay: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
Nigerians are the worst, when Rwanda did it every cursed out our government

I still think it would get missing very soon tho

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by suxy(m): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
Robots in our airports.... fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
I believe in Nigeria.

Its my choice not yours so keep your objection to yourself.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by kurlz(f): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
I don't know why I'm laughing out so loud grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
BtcAirdrop:
Our own dey always different.. The robot looks hungry.. And maybe a pair of concave...

But if this was deployed in the US, you'll say "see better country", abi?

Self loathing is not good.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by ecolime(m): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
Lol grin

Naija no dey carry last.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by Antiochus(m): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
You mean toy

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by judetov2(m): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
audio robot...rubbish zoo.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by Rotiix(m): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
Those robots should be careful before they all go missing grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by DenreleDave(m): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
Guys can a Wi-Fi Hotspot work even when the Wi-Fi itself is not working..

As in can I put on HOT SPOT for someone to use from mine even though my own Wi-Fi isn't working

Pls reply

Re: COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
lol, nothing we no go see

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol-Laden Tanker Explodes In Osun, Three Buildings Razed / Aero Contractors Airlines Nigeria Suspends Operation / Lokoja: Okada Man Crushed To Death By Lorry - Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.