Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. (2049 Views)

Paul And Becky Enenche Celebrate 26th Wedding Anniversary / Dr. Paul And Becky Enenche Take Christmas Welfare Ministration To Benue (PIX) / Dr. Paul And Becky Enenche Celebrate 25th Wedding Anniversary(throwback Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by TheMadame(f): 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2020
Good day everyone.
First of all I wish to state that I am a Christian,however I am a Christian that asks questions. My question concerns the virgon birth of our lord Jesus Christ which is recorded in the Holy Bible in the gospels of Mathew and Luke.
The Apostle Paul wrote 14 books in the new testament. He wrote a lot of letters to various churches in different towns and countries admonishing Christian's on how to live a good life but he never once mentions the divine virgin birth of our lord Jesus.
Please I need people who are well versed in the Bible study to explain this to me and others who might have this same question.
Is it that Apostle Paul was not aware of the virgin birth being a late convert to Christianity or was there a hidden reason why he fails to mention the virgin birth in any of his letters?
I am intrigued because the virgin birth of Jesus is the foundation of Christianity.
I appreciate any answers to my questions.
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Cerebrae(m): 11:51pm On Jun 27, 2020
As much as the Birth of Christ is important, it solely does not form the foundation of Christianity.

The Birth, Death, Resurrection and Ascension of Christ... These are the basis of the Gospel

4 Likes

Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Douglaufuoma(m): 11:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
st Paul is not the only person that fail to write about the blessed mother Mary, even Peter, James and others didn't give account of her. again the Bible is written for u to believe that Jesus was made man and dead for our sins, more also for u to believe the supreme power of God. Mary is just the door Jesus used to become man, so more emphasis is on Jesus not Mary.

1 Like

Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by TheMadame(f): 12:00am On Jun 28, 2020
Cerebrae:
As much as the Birth of Christ is important, it solely does not form the foundation of Christianity.

The Birth, Death, Resurrection and Ascension of Christ... These are the basis of the Gospel

So why does Apostle Paul fail to mention it even once in all the 14 books he wrote in the New testament. Does it not seem strange to you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by TheMadame(f): 12:03am On Jun 28, 2020
Douglaufuoma:
st Paul is not the only person that fail to write about the blessed mother Mary, even Peter, James and others didn't give account of her. again the Bible is written for u to believe that Jesus was made man and dead for our sins, more also for u to believe the supreme power of God. Mary is just the door Jesus used to become man, so more emphasis is on Jesus not Mary.

I am not trying to dispute your points but don't you find it strange that Apostles Paul,Peter and James do not once mention the miracle of the virgin birth of our lord Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Dantedasz(m): 12:08am On Jun 28, 2020
The silence is very loud ooo!
Lol
! undecided
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Jun 28, 2020
TheMadame:

So why does Apostle Paul fail to mention it even once in all the 14 books he wrote in the New testament. Does it not seem strange to you?
He didn't write books, he wrote letters to believers who already believed in Jesus Christ. Obviously, since they already believed in Jesus Christ, they didn't need to be convinced about Christ's virgin birth.

Other apostles like James, John and Jude wrote too, but none about the virgin birth either.

If anyone had anything worth writing about the birth, it should have been Mary but since there is no record of her writing a book or a letter about it, I see no sense in expecting Paul, whose main task was simply the dissemination of the gospel of the Kingdom, same as every other follower of Jesus Christ, to do such .

4 Likes

Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Temitopemo6e6(m): 12:15am On Jun 28, 2020
Y
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Cerebrae(m): 12:20am On Jun 28, 2020
TheMadame:

Mary was and is not the focus of the Gospel.
CHRIST is the main focus, everything in the scriptures should point at Jesus Christ.

However, Paul mentioned something close in his letter to the Galatians, Chapter 4

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Douglaufuoma(m): 12:33am On Jun 28, 2020
TheMadame:

I am not trying to dispute your points but don't you find it strange that Apostles Paul,Peter and James do not once mention the miracle of the virgin birth of our lord Jesus?
Jesus is the focus point, just like in every were they give u background and how the course originated, that was why the four gospel book talked the genealogy of Jesus. just like what was written in the book of John. they wrote those ones for us to believe Jesus
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by HomerTimpson: 12:33am On Jun 28, 2020
In their days it was common prophecy just like other prophecies untill it was fulfiled as GOD only spoke to his people or humans through prophecy by prophets among others but most people didn't even know GOD and so his ways are alien to such...so not everyone accept this prophet that this prophecy had been fulfiled cos of traditions even thou it was obvious,(SO THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS IS THE PROPHECY FULFILED? Like others ?)just like cos we humans prefer to stick to what we can feel,see,undertstand e.t.c rather than hoping for result or operate in faith,(even Apostle paul before his conversion refused to believe just like everyone else READ GAL 1:14) for more hint...(i think the reasons you are disturbed abt such thing is that you are relating with bible literatures with this our present time knowledge and is wat everyone that zealous to know the truth can relate to,alot has changed dear,can't type it all here)i suggest you watch the bible project guys on youtube for more understanding..its well
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Douglaufuoma(m): 12:43am On Jun 28, 2020
read the book of Galatians 4:4-5, Romans 1:1-4
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Chiedu4Trump: 12:57am On Jun 28, 2020
TheMadame:
Good day everyone.
First of all I wish to state that I am a Christian,however I am a Christian that asks questions. My question concerns the virgon birth of our lord Jesus Christ which is recorded in the Holy Bible in the gospels of Mathew and Luke.
The Apostle Paul wrote 14 books in the new testament. He wrote a lot of letters to various churches in different towns and countries admonishing Christian's on how to live a good life but he never once mentions the divine virgin birth of our lord Jesus.
Please I need people who are well versed in the Bible study to explain this to me and others who might have this same question.
Is it that Apostle Paul was not aware of the virgin birth being a late convert to Christianity or was there a hidden reason why he fails to mention the virgin birth in any of his letters?
I am intrigued because the virgin birth of Jesus is the foundation of Christianity.

I guess you're a baby christian or just aint to bright

The Gospel is that Jesus died for our sins not that He was born by a virgin

1 Corinthians 15:3
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Moslems agree that Jesus was born of a virgin & not saved

Moslems reject that Jesus died & rose again, that's what's save not the birth
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 28, 2020
And him not mentioning the Virgin birth means what. Has he not already called Jesus the Son of God.

2 Likes

Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by petra1(m): 1:44am On Jun 28, 2020
Douglaufuoma:
st Paul is not the only person that fail to write about the blessed mother Mary, .

Blessed mother of tani?
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by petra1(m): 1:47am On Jun 28, 2020
Cerebrae:

However, Paul mentioned something close in his letter to the Galatians, Chapter 4
What did he say
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by petra1(m): 1:52am On Jun 28, 2020
TheMadame:
I am intrigued because the virgin birth of .

Who virgin birth hep?
There is no importance about her virginity to salvation. Mary was just an ordinary Person. Mary had to become a believer in christ like everyone else .If Mary did not give her life to christ she would have gone to hell. So mary and her virginity has nothing to do with salvation. Mary was just a vessel to bring forth a baby .Christ is the centre of the gospel.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The only reason she had to be a virgin was just to fulfill a sign. That jesus was not a product of a man and woman.

1 Like

Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by MuttleyLaff: 2:07am On Jun 28, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
... I would open the curtains, to check, if it was me, Dantedasz told its raining outside.

Of course, Paul did not directly and explicitly talk about the virgin birth in his epistles, because the virgin birth wasnt at any time, with them, a bone of contention. Paul's writings however are in tune perfectly with the teaching of the virgin birth found in other parts in the bible and it's a fact and truth that, you wont find Paul, anywhere talk against the virgin birth because it is an accepted and/or known fact

TheMadame:
Good day everyone.

Dantedasz:
The silence is very loud ooo! Lol! undecided
You and I, two years ago or so, I recall have both together walked past this garden path before

Cerebrae:
CHRIST is the main focus, everything in the scriptures should point at Jesus Christ.

Thank you
Nothing remote about virginity or innocence was mentioned in Galatians, Chapter 4

Douglaufuoma:
read the book of Galatians 4:4-5, Romans 1:1-4
The original Greek text, in Galatians 4:4-5, doesnt mean or translate to mean virgin though bro and Romans 1:1-4 has nothing about virginity in the verses. Catch up with the comment, I made further, below next

petra1:
Who virgin birth help?
There is no importance about her virginity to salvation. Mary was just an ordinary Person. Mary had to become a believer in christ like everyone else. If Mary did not give her life to christ she would have gone to hell. So mary and her virginity has nothing to do with salvation. Mary was just a vessel to bring forth a baby Christ is the centre of the gospel.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The only reason she had to be a virgin was just to fulfill a sign. That Jesus was not a product of a man and woman.
The sign is a secondary reason. The primary and first part of the main reason was because of the sacredness of God (i.e. Jesus was not a product of a man and woman) and just as God doesnt share His glory with man, and so isn't going to come down to earth through a door and/or doorway that's already being used. The second part of the main reason is to demonstrate the supernatural power of coming to life without the productive power of mortal man.

If she hadn't been a virgin, people will doubt the paternity of Jesus. They will say He isn't a Son of God, that He is the son of Joseph. This is the other strong reason why the young woman had to be a virgin. It is a no brainer, this is why Apostle Paul, didnt have to give emphasis to the virgin fact nor draw attention or focus to it.
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by MuttleyLaff: 2:41am On Jun 28, 2020
TheMadame:
Good day everyone.

Chiedu4Trump:

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;"

"How can this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”"
- Luke 1:34

Was it really necessary to talk down and belittle someone with such witless retorts like those, huh? angry angry angry

The prophecy was that Jesus will be born of a virgin and that's certainly what happened (i.e. Luke 1:34)
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Chiedu4Trump: 4:21am On Jun 28, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"How can this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”"
- Luke 1:34

Was it really necessary to talk down and belittle someone with such witless retorts like those, huh? angry angry angry

The prophecy was that Jesus will be born of a virgin and that's certainly what happened (i.e. Luke 1:34)

Did u read where I wrote that even Moslems agree that Jesus was born of a virgin,that does not give u salvation

Jesus Himself did not say in the new testament He was born of a virgin.

It's all about what He did on the cross, nothing else
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by orunto27: 4:44am On Jun 28, 2020
Don't use Our Lord Jesus to Fight for PROSTITUTES' EMANCIPATION. Paul was s Scribe and a Judaist. He searched for Wisdom, Knowledge and UNDERSTANDING on his way to Damascus and got them including thou shall honour Humanity.. And since he became an APOSTLE IN THE PROCESS, he received Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding OF THE TRIUNE OF CHRIST JESUS. So all the Epistles he wrote were further explanations of some nitty-gritty aspects of the Gospels in which The Virgin Birth was a fore understood conclusion.
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Adedotguy: 5:25am On Jun 28, 2020
smiley
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by TheMadame(f): 5:32am On Jun 28, 2020
Chiedu4Trump:

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

I am a baby Christian. I am not bright.
You sound very arrogant and believe so much in your self importance that with all your blustering and puffing you failed to answer the simple question and then jumped to Moslems agreement that Jesus was born of a virgin.
Mr know-it-all that is certainly not the answer to the question I am asking in the original post.

1 Like

Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by TheMadame(f): 5:44am On Jun 28, 2020
Cerebrae:

Thank you

Galatians 4 verse 4 does not talk about anything on a virgin birth sir.
In Galatians,the Apostle Paul is talking of a normal child birth.
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Daejoyoung: 6:23am On Jun 28, 2020
Even Mark doesn't mention a virgin birth, and john as well.
But I have a question, what makes you believe the virgin birth is the foundation of christianity? The bible never indicated that the foundation of christianity is Virgin birth.
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Kenneth4u205(m): 6:39am On Jun 28, 2020
TheMadame:
Good day everyone.
Paul was an apostle to the gentiles.he was commissioned by Jesus to preach mainly to the gentiles(non Jews ). It is only the Jews that need to be convinced that he was born by a virgin before they will believe.But gentiles don't need those proof.they only need the saving power of his death and resurrection.tell me something.has your biological father ever told any of his children if your mother was a virgin or not before the slept together ?. The answer is no .because it has nothing to do with the love the both have for you now
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by TheMadame(f): 6:50am On Jun 28, 2020
Kenneth4u205:
Paul was an apostle to the gentiles.he was commissioned by Jesus to preach mainly to the gentiles(non Jews ). It is only the Jews that need to be convinced that he was born by a virgin before they will believe.But gentiles don't need those proof.they only need the saving power of his death and resurrection.tell me something.has your biological father ever told any of his children if your mother was a virgin or not before the slept together ?. The answer is no .because it has nothing to do with the love the both have for you now

@bolded,
How does this connect to the question I am asking in the original post? Which is why is the Apostle Paul who wrote 14 books in the new testament of the Bible silent on the virgin birth of Jesus Christ ?
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:15am On Jun 28, 2020
TheMadame:

@bolded,
How does this connect to the question I am asking in the original post? Which is why is the Apostle Paul who wrote 14 books in the new testament of the Bible silent on the virgin birth of Jesus Christ ?

Themadam, after all these Answers, are you saying that none have satisfactorily answered your query?

Because I think they have
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 28, 2020
TheMadame:
Good day everyone.

The virgin birth is not a foundation of Christianity (maybe it is for Catholicism). The sacrificial death and resurrection of Christ is the foundation of Christianity.
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Douglaufuoma(m): 8:25am On Jun 28, 2020
TheMadame:

in ur biography ur parent name will be mention but much emphasis will not be lay on them because it is not the vocal point, u are the primary target so much write up will be about u
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Theyoungmatron: 8:32am On Jun 28, 2020
Only Mother Mary will answer this question. She is the only one that knows whether she did it with Father Joseph or not.

Foth all those arguing about the foundation of christianity, I laugh!!!!
His birth, death and resurrection is the foundation of christianity, so, stop shifting the goalposts.

Answer the damn question.!! Why did Paul in all his letter writing like Pa Obasanjo, did not mention the virgin birth even for once.
Re: Paul And His Loud Silence On The Virgin Birth. by Douglaufuoma(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

The virgin birth is not a foundation of Christianity (maybe it is for Catholicism). The sacrificial death and resurrection of Christ is the foundation of Christianity.
is ur mother foundation of ur life, because without her u wouldn't come to life, also Mary importance to Jesus. no matter how u c it, she is part of the foundation of Christianity. Luke 2:35 says
And a sword will pierce through your own soul also—that the secret thoughts and purposes of many hearts may be brought out and disclosed. rev. 12 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.”[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come the salvation and the power
    and the kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
    who accuses them before our God day and night,
    has been hurled down.
11 They triumphed over him
    by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
    as to shrink from death.
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
    and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
    because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
    because he knows that his time is short.”

13 When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach. 15 Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16 But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

with this will u still tell me our blessed mother is not relevant in the building of Christianity?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catholics: What Is The Meaning Of This Context? / This Man Made God Called God / Atheists: 3 Very Easy Questions For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.