Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 (36398 Views)

The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Be A Landlord This 2011: A Plot Of Land Situate / Cost Of Fencing In 2010! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 11, 2011
how about unscruplous buyers or fraudsters as the caes may be who would demand documents of a property for search, they take this documents to banks to get loans, claiming they own the house. that was my recent experience in the property i wanted to sell. is not actually completely right to release full documents of any property put up for sale to a prospective buyer. not every buyer too is true. the Lawyer did a great job here, i simply do not and will not advise any honest seller of any property to give out documents to a prospective buyer for search. am not in to land sales neither am i property dealer, but my experience trying to sell a property/house has thought me a great deal of lesson.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by babestella: 4:22am On May 12, 2011
@ ndubuis

Good information bro, I've never heard about this one, please all property sales agents/consultants take note so that you don't end up in trouble.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Huberta: 6:20am On May 23, 2011
Hi,
Thank you for sharing great tips for us.Its really helpful and well written article. It must have taken, you quite a while to compose this. Well done for being a brother's keeper.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by osa332003(m): 11:09am On Jun 13, 2011
oga lawyer i need aland say 100 by 100 dokpemu area,along lagos /abeokuta express road,onilikere area how much will it cost?am ready to pay ur agent fee of 50,000 naira,expecting your reply.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by WhyAWhy(m): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2011
Wow this is big oh, my heart almost jumped right into my mouth, I had already thought I was the one being duped
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Reflector: 7:29am On Jun 14, 2011
Nice work bro
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by dsa(m): 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2011
Hello Lawyer,

Please I am about to buy a plot of land around MFM and I will need your services, kindly send your contact to daresamson@gmail.com, 08033877930.

Thanks.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by AmeLonRo(m): 1:58am On Jun 17, 2011
Thanks the Law! Very loaded info! Keep it up.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by EuroMeko(m): 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2011
Lawyer, based on what I've read so far, it seems that the prudent thing for one to do (especially if living abroad like I do) is to buy a preowned home. Or does that have it's own unique set of challenges?
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by jiaka: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2011
Thanks the ''LAW'', this is a breathtaking post. An expose' of unquantifiable value.
God will not only bless you but will glorify you.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Shokoloko(f): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2011
thanks. this is wonderful information
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2011
I found the Lawyer's write-up very educative and the same time very scary, It is really disturbing that we don't know who to trust in this property business anymore. I think the antedotes are information and watchfulness. May God deliver us from those who will like to reap where they have not sowned.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by risdam: 11:52pm On Aug 07, 2011
may god bless you for the time dedicated for this, u're very right can you please send me your email!!!!!!!!!!thanks in advance
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by ShyOne(f): 2:08am On Aug 30, 2011
@ Lawyer:

Loved your post.

Can we switch gears for a moment? I need to ask you or anyone on this thread a question who might have the answer for me.

I am moving to Lagos for a while and will be renting an abode - I am working with different realtors in the area and I have one realtor that wants to charge me N1,500 to show me a property for let.

We are just going to walk through and look at a property. I have never heard of this before and I am refusing to pay money to look at a property for let. Is this normal in Lagos for a real estate agent to be paid by a renter to look at a property?

In the U.S. real estate agents who are managing properties for let are paid by the owner of the property. Or the agent fees are included in the rental contract - they are never paid at the time of "just initially touring the properties"

Please advise
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by ShyOne(f): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2011
@ Lawyer

Thank you - I am the one that just spoke with you.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by lawyer(m): 2:16am On Aug 31, 2011
Shy-One:

@ Lawyer

Thank you - I am the one that just spoke with you.

Your welcome. Glad to be of service to you. Have a wonderful day and feel free to update me as it goes.

Cheers
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 31, 2011
@lawyer

Bros I have been trying to send u an email
but my mail kept comin back undelivered
pls check ur mail and retifield it.

There is something I want you to do for me
although am not in 9ja,I dont kno if it is possible,
I will email you again.

cheers.
prince
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Fhemmmy: 1:40pm On Aug 31, 2011
Honestly, the respect i have for you just rose higher for locking that thread "crash pad".
Keep up the good work.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Fhemmmy: 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2011
Thanks for all the topics
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by AfroBlue(m): 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2011
Property agents swindle 75 home seekers

Ademola Balogun and Akeem Garba allegedly collected N20 million from desperate home seekers

More than 75 persons have been swindled by property developers in Lagos of over N20 million.

The property developers Ademola Timothy Balogun 35 and Akeem Garba 43 were arrested by detectives attached to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID) Panti Yaba following a petition by one of the victims of the house scam.

The suspects were in charge of a building situated at 10 B Adeniyi Street Olodi Apapa.

The suspects said they had the permission of the landlord of the building to hold lease on the building for the next seventeen years before handing it over to the owner.

In order to get work done on the building, the suspects said they borrowed money from the bank and they pasted a notice that the house will soon be ready for rent.

Members of the public consequently thronged the place and the suspects were alleged to have collected rents and other sundry charges ranging from N200, 000 to N560, 000 from the desperate house seekers; the building contains ten blocks of flats but due to their greed, they allegedly collected rents from more than the numbers of flats they had.

The victims said the suspects cashed in on their desperation by employing various tricks to collect their hard earned money with the promise that while the house is still under construction they should pay so that others will not beat them to the apartments.

The victims however suspected a foul play after their efforts to pack into the apartment were foiled by other tenants who had come to claim the same apartments they had paid for.

The suspected fraud led to a melee among the tenants and the matter was reported at the Olodi Apapa Police station. The victims however on Wednesday thronged the office of the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer Samuel Jinadu to register their protest as they flaunting their receipts in the process.

Responding to the allegation, the suspects pleaded that they actually collected money from those who have their receipts signed by them in the name of Adebalis Investment Company adding that most of them paid the money instalmentally.

Following the report, the police arrested the suspects last week. Police spokes person Samuel Jinadu said the police made efforts to get the suspects to pay back the money but to no avail.

“Our officers went to two banks claimed to have been operated by the two developers; Oceanic and Sterling banks where it was discovered that their accounts were in the red with just N16, 000 in each of their accounts.”

Mr. Garba said he did not intend to dupe the tenants but was only applying business sense to get money for another building he was due to work on“ I collected the money with the intention that when the building is completed I will demand from those who will be given keys to pay an additional three to four years rents to enable me recover more money to refund to those I collected money in excess of the available flats but things turned ugly and I plead with the police to release me so that I will rally round to refund all the money owed.”

One of the victims Joy Orude a petty trader said she used all her savings to pay for the accommodation.

“I am a petty trader and I raised N200, 000 from my business for this accommodation. When I saw that the money was not enough, I engaged in daily cash contribution with my fellow traders where I saved of N30,000 naira monthly . It was from this loan that I got money for the rent, now everything is a fraud and I am very sad about the whole thing “Miss Orude said in tears.

Another victim, Segun Falase 28 years a staff of Dangote flour mills said he collected the sum of N200,000 from the cooperative society of his company with the agreement that 20,000 will be deducted from his salary monthly; he said he has lost faith in agents and property developers and would want the government to prosecute the suspects to serve as a deterrent to others.

“Now after collecting so much money from many people, they still do not have money to refund to people, where do I start from now”Mr. Falase said.

Mr. Jinadu advised residents to conduct a thorough check on land agents and developers before paying rent.

“People are desperate to pay for rent and the fraudsters capitalize on their desperation to cheat and defraud them; the case is under investigation and the suspects will be charged to court soon. We appeal to the victims to be patient as we are still investigating the matter”Mr. Jinadu said.

Source: Daily Times[/b]
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by lawyer(m): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2011
@afro blue

Thanks a million for this post! Its well appreciated! Hope Nairalanders will learn ffrom the foregoing example and be more vigilante and astute when engaging in property deals

Cheers
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by legalalien(m): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2011
I need help in posting my property adverts here in Nairaland, how do i go about it? please who can help?
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 26, 2011
Wow nuff tip bro. Thanks for sharing shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by TODEM: 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2011
Wow! why am i just reading this? Good job De-law. Pls send me your digits to teekaydlogistics@aol.com for a quick call. Thanks!
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2011
[size=13pt]What do u people mean by the world ' Omonile ' ? cheesy cheesy

I dunno really understand that word undecided
[/size]
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by topeorekoy(m): 6:36am On Nov 04, 2011
Please i have a relative who is interested in buying a property in Lagos, He wants to use it for a Multi purpose Hall. The property can either be land or a building that will be demolished located on the mainland.

if you have any available, holla me on 08026590411 (Tope), please 419s are not needed ooooo
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Aocreation: 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2011
Thumbs Up D law
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by sammycash: 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2011
dear mr lawyer,

please i would like to have more information on purchasing land at the ajah lagos residential scheme, the cost of land there, the application fees, cost of survey and all that may accrue to getting a land with c of o at this residential area aforementioned, please send me you contact details to the email address below, this is very urgent please.

alpharamousblunt@yahoo.com

yours faithfully
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by adesolar(m): 10:32pm On Nov 18, 2011
Hello Lawyer,
I just sent you a mail.
Your prompt response would be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by ajileko: 12:50am On Nov 19, 2011
The attorney, LLB, Doctor of jurisdiction how you dey now. I can see that you are still busy fighting those omo onile. Keep it up and don't give up.
You are doing a very good job. I will see you soon.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by chiben1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2011
how do i contact you? call 08033929251
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by mindonmine: 4:54am On Jan 17, 2012
@Lawyer good job you are a blessing to all Nairalanders. What is your contact email?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4Sale Newly Built Ensuite 3 Bedroom Bungalow with BQ @11m / Help! Flood Take Over A Nairalander's House In Benin / Complete Package Design Drawing For Mechanical & Electrical (MEP) Stamp and Seal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.