Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 (36411 Views)

The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Be A Landlord This 2011: A Plot Of Land Situate / Cost Of Fencing In 2010! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by segunjowo(m): 9:04am On Feb 04, 2011
I need a land with C of O and other title docs, pls contact me.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by rasputinn(m): 10:26am On Feb 04, 2011
Well done
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by rasputinn(m): 10:29am On Feb 04, 2011
Your location is really your brief cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by peaceland(m): 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2011
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Tolulop001(f): 6:36pm On Feb 04, 2011
omo but this is gangstarr oh!

to buy land for this town na looong thing!

i was hopin to start putting some money aside to buy land, this is scary oh!

na wah!
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Bobajo(m): 3:58am On Feb 05, 2011
he told me to take it to the Okota palace to verify it and even gave me a name to meet there to cross check which i did and the person he directed me to brought out a book showing all the transactions since the 1970s till date and confirmed that the original Okota family sold it to the omonile.

But the flaw in this system means that the proposed buyer must shell out almost a N100,000 or more to do a survey plan and register it before the Land Information is drawn up and gotten and if at the end it is found that the land is not free, the buyers money goes into the drain and he performs this process all over again till he gets the right property to buy.

I am a lawyer and do a lot of real estate transactions and this is my addition to what the Lawyer has written:

1. When doing verifications from 3rd parties, never go to a source you are directed to by the seller (and this applies whether it is Native land or you are buying from a billionaire). In the first bold above, the lawyer should have gone to the Palace and ask for the Oba's Secretary, and/or seek audience with the Oba to make his findings. These 2 will never lead you astray. The Ojomus (in Lekki) even collect money for this search.

2. You can bypass spending up to this amount if you do one thing. Insist they show you the particular spot they want to sell to you. Theyn go personally to the Surveyor Generals office in Alausa and talk to one of those boys in the charting room (i have a high ranking officer there that i use, though he will just normally delegate to one of his boys). Take the boy to the land personally and let him take the coordinates on the land. This usually costs between N20 to N30,000 depending on your negotiating ability, with the understanding that if the land is free they will prepare the full survey for which you will pay. They will input the coordinates into their own system back in the office and presto, they can tell you if the land is free or not on the spot. If the land is free, they then prepare a full survey, and if otherwise, you lose only the initial N20/30k instead of a full survey fee.

I hope the Lawyer and other NLs finds these additions useful

1 Like

Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by osasp(m): 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2011
the stress one has to go through to ensure the sale of a land is genuine in Nigeria in unbelievable. non theless, i really appreciate your inputs and suggestions above. I'm looking to get a land in the near future and I've bookmarked this page to fall back on when the time comes. thanks again
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by okadaman2: 4:54am On Feb 06, 2011
Good post!
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by onyekap: 11:18pm On Feb 06, 2011
nice one brother!!!
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by r231(m): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2011
nice
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by pablo1000: 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2011
Lawyer, Please contact me @ femi.private at gmail dot com
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by blacksta(m): 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2011
Haba Nija

On Reading this - I think i will find it hard for me to buy a property or land in Nija - who the hell can one trust.

I will rather buy a property in the U.K than to enter wahala in Nigeria
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by masterj1: 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2011
This is fantastic. u could sell this literature. i presently own 2 plots at ibadan. i am developing one. i need your advice on formalising the prperty. bought it from a family. with all their extended members attesting to the purchase.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by michelix(m): 5:27am On Feb 09, 2011
Aren't there reputable estate companies where one can buy land with peace of mind?
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by income2010: 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2011
thank you lawyer.
anyone who needs to buy properties from a bank should contact me:07090483443;email:info@xpluscompany.com
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by fuqua: 2:14am On Feb 15, 2011
Mr. Lawyer,
I hope these people will get their LIPS off your BACKSIDE grin
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by silkshock: 7:39am On Feb 21, 2011
Hi Lawyer, I really appreciate your work on NL and you have given me some insights on buying land. There is a landed property in Igando oloja, Ibeju Lekki I intend to buy. I was there physically yesterday but I will need you to assist as per search and also if you can link me up with a surveyor. This is my first time buying and I want to get it right. The seller looks legit and says he has all the necessary documents but one can't be too careful. I will appreciate if you can contact me so we can discuss. My email is olutoni@gmail.com.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by odiey: 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2011
I couldnt stop laughing as i read your post,
so sad but true. Im sure glad those shady land fraudulent tricksters have the likes of you to contend with. thanks for your sound advice,
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by GoldCircle: 10:10am On Feb 24, 2011
this piece will remain valuable for years to come! God Bless you for putting so many of us on track!

1luv!
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by walerian(m): 1:13pm On Feb 25, 2011
That is quite informative Lawyer. i will send this to other colleagues of mine, may God bless you continually, anyways Lawyer if you have a good client that i interested in buying a filling station (Mobil filling station) which has 7 fuel pumps and its on a 4 plots of land, but it is been leased to Eterna oil right now and it has a big sweet sensation on it also,it is along iju road, pen-cinema agege, its net price is 250m, i have the documents with me in case you have a good client. You can contact me on 08068167223 or 07028701582. E-Mail : walkoo22az@yahoo.com .
Thanks.
Olawale Kalesanwo
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by feel24: 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2011
Thanks the law u are right , i as an architect most time do advice some of my client to do the right thing but some don't take advice.
pls for ur building plan call me on this no 08037185881or email me at archworks_co@hotmail.com
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2011
It is topics like this that should be on the front page.
How will people who want to buy land but do not frequent this secton know the names of the people they should avoid? Instead silly and useless topics like, 'my boyfriend hit me, should I leave him?' is what you see taking up valuable space.
I wonder if the Omoniles have been arrested and if not, why haven't they? With the level of determination you described in you post about them, it is clear that they would attempt to fleece another innocent victim as soon as they get the chance.
@OP, thanks for your help.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by RichDad1(m): 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2011
Hi Lawyer,
Thanks for this useful and helpful post.I already sent you an email recently but no respose yet.Plz i have a plot of land at Ikorodu which i am almost finish developing but i learnt recently that the land is an "Agric" land.Plz what can i do?is theres anything i can do?can i obtain a CofO for this type of land.I am very confused i dont want to lose my hard earned money.But like the saying "better late than never".Thanks
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by 2dmax(m): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2011
@ rich dad, sorry o!
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by beckso: 8:13am On Mar 05, 2011
thanks for this excellent write up. You have saved money for many nairalanders

keep up the good work
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by akasten: 11:34pm On Apr 11, 2011
THANKS DE LAW FOR YOUR GREAT SUPPORT. KEEP IT UP.
I have land i intended. to buy at IBEJU LEKKI. I have confidential info for you. please contact me via email: stephen@akastenike.com. This will enable us to exchange phone number for easy communication. I look forward to seeing your mail.
Thanks
Stephen Akazue
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by fuqua: 1:30am On Apr 12, 2011
Blah Blah Blah. If you people are truely thankful for what Mr. Lawyer is going for you then ask him for his account number and send your donations to him. Talk is cheap.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by vprops: 3:45pm On May 04, 2011
hello lawyer!!! thanks for the good job you are doing
please sir! do i have your consent to publish your advertorial articles like this one in our property magazine? the magazine is called VILLAS

CHEERS!!!
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by bluesky83: 6:58pm On May 06, 2011
It is so sad cry to know that we nigerians havesuch a terrible reputation for fraud both home and away, It has gotten to a stage that one would rather do business with a foreigner than with a nigerian until you are 100% sure you can trust the naija guy, Anyway, thank you to those who are looking out for those of us who are thinking of owning landed property back home, Keep up the good work,
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by femi1632(m): 9:37pm On May 07, 2011
Hi Lawyer,

I have sent you an email, please check it.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by babestella: 9:42am On May 11, 2011
Good morning house,

This is a property fraud alert.

Some criminals are going around dupping unsuspecting tenants/clients who are desperately looking for houses to rent and live in.

Recently, a close relation of mine have fallen victim twice now to some dudes who say they are developers and have houses to let.

As we speak now, my relative have lost over 900,000 naira to these fraudsters who parrade themselves are developer/estate agents.

I also want to bring to the notice of the general public about a block of 4 flats on Adebisi Omotola street (it is painted Brown, with being color roof) and another block of 6 flats adjacent to the block of 4 flats (not yet painted). These building have been in uncompleted stage for several years and they are being used by property fraudsters to dupe innocent Nigerians of their hard earned money, so please beware and I advise that you forward this information to your friends and loved one so that they don't fall victim, because if they do, it indirectly concerns you.

FYI Adebisi Omotola street, is located behind the Isolo local government office.

I will be posting the pictures of the houses soon.

TIPS;

1. Pease if you are looking for an apartment anywhere, please before you pay, make sure that the apartment is already 100% completed.

2. If you are asked to pay and wait for a week for completion, please don't pay. Once you pay money demand for keys to the apartment and move in your personal effects of not much value first and lock the apartment. If possible change the keys too.

3. Do not part with your money if the agent of landlord is not willing to give you keys upon payment.

4. Avoid houses that have not been painted, or houses that does not have some basic fittings like toilet seats, Doors, bathtubs, shower, soak-away facilities etc. these are excuses they apply so as to convince their victims, and they tell you once you pay those minor things will be completed.

Please beware, and pass this message on, lets spread this information so that people don't lose their money.

God Bless you all and God bless our country Nigeria.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Odunnu: 10:38am On May 11, 2011
Seriously bookmarked!
Poster, you are the mahn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help! Flood Take Over A Nairalander's House In Benin / I / 4Sale Newly Built Ensuite 3 Bedroom Bungalow with BQ @11m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.