Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 (36412 Views)

The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Be A Landlord This 2011: A Plot Of Land Situate / Cost Of Fencing In 2010! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Goodking(m): 3:03am On Jan 21, 2012
Really nice advice. The same applies to people searching for apartments. Great care should be exercised. Don't be in a hurry to move in. Due diligence will do a great deal. Ask neighbours. Landed properties is more susceptible to fraud than houses and apartments. That was what saved your friend.
www.search4rooms.com could help people who want to avoid the agent "wahala". Homeowners can find tenants directly and home seekers can easily do their search and confirm the accommodation anywhere in Nigeria.

@lawyer, Please, update us on the 2012 rules as the 419 people advance by day. Thanks.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by wola44: 10:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
Dear All,

How much is the cost of land survey plan for a plot of land at Awoyaya area of ibeju lekki ?
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by lawyer(m): 11:00pm On Jan 25, 2012
wola44:

Dear All,

How much is the cost of land survey plan for a plot of land at Awoyaya area of ibeju lekki ?

Between N100,000-N130,000 Depending on the surveyor. Most survey plans in AJAH Are usually the same price so it shouldnt matter whether its in Elegushi or Ibeju Lekki

Cheers
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by wola44: 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2012
Thanks my Powerful Lawyer in the House.

1. Also what document comes with survey plan ?

2. What is the progress of getting C of 0 and how much , how long ?

3. The land is located at Awoyaya Ibeju lekki

Thanks
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Nellyd(f): 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2012
SANL, ur write up is queit informative. If any1 is interested in buying some plots of land along poly nekede rd, owerri, do call dis line 08037922232. The land is 2 and half plots and goes for 4.2m. Very cute location.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by seunjoe: 10:55pm On Feb 18, 2012
3 bedroom flat with two toilets and two baths, master room ensuite, all rooms tiled, borehole water, compound fenced, and serene environment at ayobo, lagos,

rent: 170k for a year

interested clients should call me on 08035733348
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by cogbuagu: 9:28am On Feb 20, 2012
I want to buy a plot of land in lagos state. I asked the seller if the land has Government Gazette and Government consent.
They told me no but free from Government acquisition.
That the land was bought long ago by someone from the villagers and now he wants to sale then.
That the person has given then Power of attorney to sale the whole plots of lands (20 plots) and that they have the survey plan of the area.
Since the seller is a surveyor, I want to pay him to also survey the plot I want to buy,

Is there anything wrong in that?
I’m only told it has Global survey plan that contains 20 Plots of land and will be given Deed of assignment.
That I have to call a surveyor or pay then to survey and give me the plot I want in it.

Please can someone tell me:

1. The implication of buying land that is said to be government free from acquisition but has neither Government Gazette nor Government consent.
2. What others questions should I ask or do before paying for a plot?

Thanks for reading
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by younglawya(m): 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
Gd day
         Firstly a land  gazette shows that a certain  property is not under accquisition  by government,while a govenors consent is the most superior title an individual can get and it evidences that  the  govenor has consented to the alienation or conveyance of the said property.

A power of attorney is simply an instrument of delegation and and it can never be an evidence or root of title so it cannot be relied on to show ownership.

If there really  is a global  survey  all u have to do is  get the coordinates and investigate to show whether the land is under encumbrance  or any other defect at  the lands office at alausa.

in answering ur  question 1
Your land cannot be validly  said to be free from acquisition without a search at the lands office so  you may be buying a problem
get a lawyer to ask the questions for you to avoid  later ISSUES.

CHEERS
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by aglomar: 6:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
Dear Lawyer, may God continue to bless you for your wonderful efforts here. I wish we had more people like you in the country.

Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by younglawya(m): 9:14am On Feb 22, 2012
thanks a lot grin cool but its young lawyer
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by TrustZee(m): 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hmmn
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by yommyuk: 12:14am On Apr 04, 2012
@Lawyer

pls check your facebook inbox
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by kaykad: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2012
sir,

a friend of mine has been scammed he paid 530,000 for a room and palour self contain till nw he has not moved into the house neither has the refund been given bake to him please what do we do
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by katsim(m): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2012
please what is deed of assignment
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by katsim(m): 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
please what is deed of assignment.
I want to buy a land @ mowe it has a surver and a family receipt.but no deed of assignment.
what do i do.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by katsim(m): 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
what is deed of assignment
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by wealthnet: 2:38am On Jul 14, 2012
Lawyer this is good job, i believe this will serve as guide for everybody in real estate buss. Thanks.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by Nobody: 3:11am On Jul 22, 2012
Nice thread.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by SholaSamson: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
I pray that the almithy God will give you more wisdom to succed in all dificulties. and also God to change the heart of the bad ones to come to know the accurate knowledge of God and do Good.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by MaxNdu: 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
Lawyer,
It is very educating reading through all your experiences in this real Estate business. Concerning the issue of fake Coordinates being issued out by Surveyors, do you know any GPS equipment that canbe bought to check for coordinates of a land before getting a survey plan from a Land surveyor.
Thanks.
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by sojinet(m): 12:13am On Oct 03, 2012
peaceland: Hello Lawyer,
nice work.
please if you handle c of o processing/searches for lands in ogun state; can you please email me at: atopeaceland @ gmail dot com
thank you.

http://lekkilagosproperties..com/
Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by IDERAWOLE(m): 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
It is good to know what your rights and responsibilities are as either landlord or tenant.

A lot of the hazzles and headaches experienced by landlord and tenants can actually be avoided if you are abreast with these guidelines.

Simple rules and regulations will allow for peaceful relationship with these two parties that cannot do without each other.

You had better arm yourself with these information before it is too late.

Check the attachment for details.

Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by naikee(m): 5:00pm On Feb 07, 2013
2BEDROOM FLAT FOR SALE AT (PEACE ESTATE) OGIJO JUST 10MINUTES DRIVE FROM IKORODU ROUND ABOUT, ALONG IKORODU- SHAGAMU ROAD.
THIS 2BEDROOM FLAT IS BUILT ON A PLOT OF LAND MEASURING (60 x 120SQM)
THE LAND IS A DRY LAND.
IT IS AN ESTABLISHED ESTATE WITHOUT OMONILE WAHALA THAT HAS ALL THE KNOWN INFRASTRUCTURES SUCH AS LIGHT, BORE HOLE WATER SUPPLY, WELL LAID OUT PLOTS AND PROPER LAYOUTS, GATED COMMUNITY, ACCESSIBLE AND MOST OF ALL AFFORDABLE.

PRICE: N 1,500,000 (1.5MILLION NAIRA) VERY CHEAP.

DOCUMENTS: DEEDS OF ASSIGNMENT, SURVEY PLAN SHOWING PROPERTY, SALE AGREEMENT.
THIS PROPERTY CONSIST OF A SITTING ROOM, 2BEDROOM, A KITCHEN, A TOILET AND BATHROOM. IT IS ALMOST COMPLETED WITH SLIDING WINDOWS.
WHAT TO FIX AFTER PURCHASE.
JUST TO FIX THE DOORS
YOU CAN PACK IN OR RENT IT OUT.
THE REMAINING PIECE OF LAND CAN BE USE TO BUILD A 4/5 BEDROOM FLAT OR EVEN DUPLEX.

INTERESTED BUYER SHOULD CONTACT ADEYINKA ON THE NUMBERS BELOW FOR VERIFICATION, INSPECTION AND AUTHENTICATION OF THE PROPERTY.
07035557671, 08091835664
naike4christ@gmail.com

http://naijahomes4all..com

DID YOU KNOW THAT A PLOT OF LAND IS NOW PRICED IN ESTATES LIKE LEKKI SCHEME 1 OR SCHEME 2 OR EKO AKETE STARTING FROM N15MILLION AND ABOVE? DESPITE THIS DURING RAINING SEASON IT IS OVERFLOODED WITH WATER.
HERE IS A LINK TO CONFIRM WHAT AM SAYING: www.nairaland.com/1167355/beechwood-estate-another-hidden-treasure

THEREFORE IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU TO THINK TWICE AND ACT RIGHT NOW.

(NOTE: TWICE PAYMENT IS ALLOWED, JUST PAY 1 MILLION NAIRA UPFRONT AND YOU GET THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BUT WITH AGREEMENT FROM BOTH OF US AND A LAWYER, THEN YOU CAN MOVE IN TO THE HOUSE SO, YOU WILL BALANCE UP LATER)

GOD BLESS YOU.

Re: Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 by dejegaprop: 4:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Landlord Served Me A Quit Notice And I Want To Know What What My Rights Are / Help! Flood Take Over A Nairalander's House In Benin / I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.