Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

10 Amazing Home Made Foods Even Vegans Love - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Amazing Home Made Foods Even Vegans Love (455 Views)

Home Made Pap / Home Sweet Home: French Home Made From 1.5 Tonnes Of Chocolate (Photos) / Easy Home-made Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Amazing Home Made Foods Even Vegans Love by Foxsantan(f): 11:20am On Jun 30, 2020
10 Amazing Home Made Foods Even Vegans Love:

1. Long grain rice with quinoa

FOR VEGANS ONLY !!!! Long grain rice with quinoa, lots of herbs ,carrots,onion,garlic,asparagus,lime and parsley with on side avocado and few slices of radish (cos I like it). I know y’all carnivores but there’s nothing to slate here. This looks like the food my food eats. LOL

2. Tortilla Wraps

Tortilla Wraps in oven with Minced Pork, Salsa, Sour Cream and Cheddar.

Perhaps this is too hard to slate hard but thanks to me for the efforts � Recipe follows:

550 g minced pork
2 big shallots
4 garlic cloves
=> Onions finely diced, caramelized on pan (net 150g)

2 eggs
150 ml sour cream
150 ml hot salsa sauce
200 ml bread crumbs (Crusto)
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp smoked paprika
1.5 tsp sea salt
=>Eggs, sour cream etc. well mixed and rest for 30min

200 g cheddar shredded

Mix pork, onions, sour cream salsa etc. and cheddar together (net 1.5kg) and keep in refrigerator for 1 hour

Each tortilla (7pcs), 200g of pork mix, wrap in parchment paper and seal with another layer of aluminium foil

Oven +200C 60 minutes. Unwrap, brush with melted butter, +250C 3 minutes, ready

3. Seared scallops

Seared scallops appetizer with burnt lemon beurre blanc, charred sweet corn, micro broccoli, and smoked tomato & basil granita

Scallops look amazing with the charred corn.

4. Eggs, homemade guacamole, feta, wrapped in baby spinach

Deconstructed parcels. Eggs, homemade guacamole, feta, wrapped in baby spinach. Surely this is a thing.

But how am I gonna eat these many eggs in one sitting? come join!

5. Perfect steak chips and beans!

Perfect stake chips and beans! With bonus tomato!
I have produced a Fantastic Stake here, though some one said “steak and beans served together is rare”, I agree!

6. Bacon Grill

Bacon Grill and Egg sandwich! It is bloody Bacon Grill! I can’t believe so many people haven’t heard of it!!

home made foods

Love the salty taste that bacon grill has especially when it’s not sliced too thick.

7. Spiced oatmeal with sunflower and pumpkin

Spiced oatmeal with sunflower and pumpkin seeds for a beautiful little crunch. This is the best oatmeal breakfast I’ve ever tried!

8. Sausage and mash

Sausage and mash (burnt I know) with lacking salad (I ran out ok!) Personally if someone else posted this I’d give them a 1 out of 10. LOL

You generally tend to boil in a pan and mash, you don’t need to whack out the blow torch.

I think I must have got side tracked playing ‘hide the sausage’ because I can’t see one after I was done cooking lol.

9. spaghetti with homemade sauce

Keeping it simple…spaghetti with homemade sauce and shaved parmesan.

Looks like tinned spaghetti? I thought so too!

10. Potato egg waffle cheese and chorizo muffin

potato egg waffle in home made foods

Potato egg waffle cheese and chorizo muffin. This looks fantabulously delicious!

Trick is cook waffles in a pan and crack the egg into the holes. You can’t slate this.

Bonus

Burger: I actually got this recipe from Natasha’s kitchen

My take on a Burger but instead of using a Brioche Bun I used a Portobello Mushroom with Red Onion, Rocket and Blue Cheese!! In the Burger I used Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Paprika, BBQ Seasoning, Garlic Powder and Crushed Chillies and an Egg Yolk to combine!!

You can also try out Sausage or sosig, this below was made by a blog reader.

Quality Sosig, local free range eggs, toasted baguette.. and a little blob of Peri-naise.

My2cents:

Judging by the plate, your mum made this for you… if she re-opens on July 4th I’ll be over. Looks fab. Not sure about the angling of the SOSIGS but I don’t think I’d worry about it too much. LOL!! Only kidding, this looks amazing.

You can share your plate too!

https://www.medcareweb.com/10-amazing-home-made-foods-even-vegans-love/
Re: 10 Amazing Home Made Foods Even Vegans Love by Sarahal: 6:38pm On Apr 01
This an article about the difference between Beurre Blanc and Hollandaise Sauce.

https://foodsroute.com/beurre-blanc-vs-hollandaise-sauce/

(1) (Reply)

Alcoholic Wine, Brandy, Whisky Etc @ Affordable Price / Taking Order Anywhere Around Abuja_ Daisy Confectionery / How To Make Ofada Stew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.