Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,129 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW (36852 Views)

2 Dead As Private Jet Carrying 5 Lands On Florida Interstate / Burial Photos Of Taofeeq Oyerinde Fele, Oyo NURTW Chairman / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by Prodigee: 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
It's only in naija as prices go up, they never go back down

1 Like

Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by XXLMANDIGO: 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
@ amotolongbo, how are you, missing you
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by seunlayi(m): 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
We are in....
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by DennisEche(m): 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
BE GIVEN EXPO TO POLICE , SO THEY WILL START CHECKING NO OF PASSENGERS FOR EGUNJE
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by nunnu: 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
Nigeria is a failed state. A country where leaders are stronger than the citizens. A country where absolute power rules. A country with no accountability. People do whatever they want. Laws are for the poor. The police is so corrupt that its now seen as normal. What a shame. A country where people dnt even think of the fate of the future generation. The citizens dnt even know the power they have. They have allowed tribalism divide them. They refuse to see anything good coming from another tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by boom99(m): 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
Fare wey dey done increase already
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by SHUAIB20(m): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
may god epp this country
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by StillWiz: 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
Petrol price should be reduce better still
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by otokx(m): 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2020
How can you increase fares that have already increased? What is wrong with these people?

1 Like

Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by Atikulated: 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
She's a lady I saw on the internet. I also like her. kiss
DarIinx01:
the lady in your meme is pretty cool who is she?

1 Like

Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by Flier: 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
thesicilian:

Is it the innocent passengers that caused the pandemic that they always have to pay extra everywhere while getting paid less at work, with some even losing their jobs?
They have to increase because they won’t be carrying full load
Or you want them to steal fuel
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by thesicilian: 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
Flier:
They have to increase because they won’t be carrying full load
Or you want them to steal fuel
And who is giving you the money to make up for the increment?
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by gideonvalor98(m): 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
Amotolongbo:

https://punchng.com/interstate-travel-we-may-increase-fares-says-nurtw/?amp=1&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

They're very greedy set of people. Always taking advantage of the citizenry at slight opportunity. Ask them how much they're changing as t-fares now.

A journey worth #500 - #700 is now #1900. Ibadan to Lagos which goes for #1500 at parks and #700 - #800 on arrangee parts is now #3000 and #1500 respectively despite reduction in the cost of petrol.

They don't have any usefulness other than to cause trouble in towns and cities and act as political thugs. There is no project in the country done by them. All what they do is to spend anyhow, marry wives in different locations etc.

That's why I like what seyi makinde did in Oyo state, he appointed park managers and reduced multiple tickets on roads. He created new source of income for Oyo state through new ticketing formats.

1 Like

Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by Equity15(m): 1:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
price for Nigeria no dey ever come back to normal..I have always known this would be the case after the ban is lifted.. I taya for who no taya for Nigeria
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
Dear all,

I'm genuinely begging if anybody has an old laptop they are not using or slightly faulty laptop that you give out, please kindly give to me. I'm preparing for an exam (GRE) that requires I use a laptop to practice (Mock exam). Please I beg you in the Name of God �
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by unscripted(m): 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
yinkus6750:
Price of petrol has been reduced and that's a subsidy on its own.
Everyone always thinking of strangling the innocent people
imagine the bastard saying they carry 18 passenger before .. their passengers has been 14 , where is the eighteen coming from..
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by Tosinopaleye123: 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2020
Can you imagine,thieves may God help this country,now they are using this as advantage
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by cicero(m): 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
A major part of the cost has just been removed, fuel is relatively cheaper, why would they increase price?
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by Emmatech71(m): 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
NURTW and Police are like 5&6.

May God help us survive this..
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by kCatalyst: 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please people let's work together to resist this plan to increase T-fare.

Prices of petroleum products especially petrol has been drastically reduced few weeks into the lockdown, and presently now around #121. Yet the NURTW increased T-fare on the account of reduced passengers by covid-19 guidelines even though this so called reason is so unjustifiable coz "in a normal civil society, you won't see an overload of passengers like the transporters do in Nigeria," so it means NURTW have always been more profited in the long run.

It will be so unreasonable and inconsiderate to want to increase fares now because they still have to go with the set number of passengers neglecting the fact that prices of petrol is on a low end, and people have not been so gainfully working since the pandemic.

Please let's not allow them to extort us.
Let's keep our voices high and writing on every medium till it reaches the authority.
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by dultraray: 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
They have done that long ago. Just making it official
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by BaddyB: 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The problem I have with these NURTW people is that they have increased the transport fare due to this reason of reduced passengers in the vehicle, when everything normalizes, they won’t revert the price to the original amount.

I don't blame them If we all can Have one voice n Nobody Enters..It would be Reduced Trust me
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by Jaspaman: 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
NextGovernor:
Police will be so angry now. They benefited massively during the lockdown.

Facts
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by MT: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
The NURTW definitely will have to increase the cost of the fare. This is a pointer to the fact that Nigeria as a country is NOT structured despite the year we got an independence. No solid data to determine and forecast what the impact of their actions will be, so as to know how to mitigate it. The FG govt suppose not to leave a critical sector like Transportation in the hands of majorly louts and thugs thus losing a valuable IGR. Everything is just a mess.
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by toprealman: 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
Agbero in charge of a massive safety critical industry......we are not serious as a people.
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by SavageResponse(m): 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
NextGovernor:
Police will be so angry now. They benefited massively during the lockdown.

I'm sure most policemen were hoping the ban on interstate travels would continue indefinitely embarassed
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by InvertedHammer: 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
/
If they are moving half the number of passengers on the same amount of fuel, common sense dictates that they increase fares to meet sundry expenses. Vehicles need fuel and regular maintenance. Drivers have to be paid. The owners expect some profit to make the venture worthwhile. Where will the money come from if not the passengers?

/
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by Sheedeensen(m): 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
Many people believe our problems as a nation is limited to leadership.But not stick to policies and regulations such as price regulations breaches by the masses could be an alibi. infact, this is gbohaha.
Re: Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW by sicily4u: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
DarIinx01:
the lady in your meme is pretty cool who is she?

Lazy youth and women rapper spotted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snake Killed Inside 'Goodness & Mercy' Bus Going To Onitsha (Photos) / Edo Woman & Her SUV Skid Off Muddy Sapele Benin Road, Plunge Into A Ditch / Omu Resort Lagos In Pictures (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.