Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? (885 Views)

Number_sense_ Workshop _for_ Educators / Attention!! To All Naija Teachers And Educators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Geminita: 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
Good afternoon. I just want to know if there's anyone who has a career in health education here and he/she Is doing pretty fine.

I noticed we have students of health education who are not sure of the career opportunities and are in doubt about the course maybe we can have one or two people that can share their own experience and motivate us..

thanks

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Egoat(m): 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
health education as in physical health education?
Re: Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Geminita: 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
Egoat:
health education as in physical health education?

nah.. just health education.. The department consists of human kinetics and health education.. human kinetics is called sport science and that's physical health education..

health education is a branch of public health.. you can read more about it tho..
Re: Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Egoat(m): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
Geminita:

nah.. just health education.. The department consists of human kinetics and health education.. human kinetics is called sport science and that's physical health education..

health education is a branch of public health.. you can read more about it tho..

ooh thanks.
i have always confused the two. i will read more about it.
Re: Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Geminita: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
Egoat:

ooh thanks. i have always confused the two. i will read more about it.

yeah.. you are not alone.. most people do that
Re: Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Geminita: 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
Please you guys should contribute.. Share your ideas.. It's not necessary you have a career in health education........

You can share your views and Ideas.. No knowledge is wasted
Re: Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Geminita: 3:37am On Jul 07, 2021
Sisitito01

I am studying health education

Sisitito01
Re: Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Geminita: 8:31am On Jan 04, 2022
Egoat

Hope CN and his family are better now

My prayers are with them.

Regards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Geminita: 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
Hi, Egoat

Sorry for the loss. God will give CN, his family and his friends the fortitude to bear the loss.

May God continue to comfort the family and protect them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Nazgul: 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
Geminita:
Good afternoon. I just want to know if there's anyone who has a career in health education here and he/she Is doing pretty fine.

I noticed we have students of health education who are not sure of the career opportunities and are in doubt about the course maybe we can have one or two people that can share their own experience and motivate us..

thanks
See eh, in Nigeria just get your degree and keep developing yourself.

I've seen people who studied social studies education and they're working in IT firms. I know a girl personally who studied English language education, she's currently working in UBA.

What you should know is that once you're employed, you'll be trained on the job you're expected to do. Some companies train their graduate trainees for a month, some 3 months...etc. Your ability to assimilate what you're being taught during your training, and use it to successfully execute tasks is what would determine your stay in the company, not the course you studied.

To your question, health education is under faculty of education, so on paper you're meant to teach health related courses in schools, or work in hospitals.

But like I said earlier, that shouldn't deter you from updating your LinkedIn profile and applying for any kind of job you see online. If any employer is interested in hiring you as a graduate trainee, they would train you. So whatever you studied doesn't matter. Unless you want to remain in that field and build a career there, then you can search for jobs that would aid you in your career growth.
Re: Do We Have Health Educators On Nairaland? by Geminita: 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nazgul:

See eh, in Nigeria just get your degree and keep developing yourself.

I've seen people who studied social studies education and they're working in IT firms. I know a girl personally who studied English language education, she's currently working in UBA.

What you should know is that once you're employed, you'll be trained on the job you're expected to do. Some companies train their graduate trainees for a month, some 3 months...etc. Your ability to assimilate what you're being taught during your training, and use it to successfully execute tasks is what would determine your stay in the company, not the course you studied.

To your question, health education is under faculty of education, so on paper you're meant to teach health related courses in schools, or work in hospitals.

But like I said earlier, that shouldn't deter you from updating your LinkedIn profile and applying for any kind of job you see online. If any employer is interested in hiring you as a graduate trainee, they would train you. So whatever you studied doesn't matter. Unless you want to remain in that field and build a career there, then you can search for jobs that would aid you in your career growth.

Hi, Nazgul. Thanks for your candid response. I understand that "Graduates can now work anywhere". I chose health education because I want to work in the public health field/NGOs. Getting an entry-level role in public health seems difficult plus the location of some of the jobs sef.

I have a LinkedIn profile, though, I have not updated it in a while.

Thank you so much, Nazgul. God bless you

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Sell Like Crazy / Nta Salary Structure / Article Writers Needed (open)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.