Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,191 members, 7,845,908 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? (2321 Views)

Happening Now: Accident Claims Lives On Akure Owo Road(graphic Images) / This Is The Animal That Caused Corona Virus / Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by Jeniemax: 9:58am On Jul 01, 2020
You know how every time one of your eyelashes came off as a kid you would blow it off of your finger and make a wish? Well, little did you know, a couple of creatures were likely living on that eyelash.

These creatures are called Demodex.

Demodex is an eight-legged mite from the Demodicidae family. The Demodex is a species of tiny mites that live on your eyelashes. They crawl around your face, eating up all of the oily secretions. They don't excrete onto your face, but they do eat until they quite literally blow themselves up all over your face. Almost every animal on the planet is host to the Demodex, so most likely, you aren’t exempt.

There are many species of Demodex but only two species live on humans: Demodex folliculorum and Demodex brevis, both frequently referred to as eyelash mites. Different species of animals host different species of Demodex for example, Demodex canis lives on the domestic dog. About 65 species of Demodex are known.

Continue reading here
https://www.anaedoonline.com/2020/04/19/do-you-know-theres-an-animal-that-lives-on-your-eyelashes/

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by deltateam: 10:03am On Jul 01, 2020
Lala come and see a demo snake living in human eyes o. shocked

1 Like

Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:04am On Jul 01, 2020
They must be present in very much abundance in female eye lashes than male.
It could have been responsible for the faster closing and opening of eyelids (oju sise) by female than male

1 Like

Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by Kriss216: 10:11am On Jul 01, 2020
Imagine these animals having sex on my cute lashes cry cry cry
Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by Geeksamir(m): 10:20am On Jul 01, 2020
So what is the solution to avoid this organism that has been using our eye lashes as habitation?
Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by Juliusmomoh: 10:32am On Jul 01, 2020
Science with there wahala sef
Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by JAOS(m): 10:44am On Jul 01, 2020
i am sure i don't have it
Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by Mightyhaiz: 10:52am On Jul 01, 2020
Anya nkem aa?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by DaInferno(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
would be better if you said am organism

1 Like

Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by uchihajt: 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
Goosebumps Don full my body...

1 Like

Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by OkhaiAsein(m): 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
Nah girls dey get this one
Toon your pic and create business logo at affordable price
Contact me : https:///2348157184395
Re: Do You Know There's An Animal That Lives On Your Eyelashes? by Tumbulum: 6:51am On Jul 02, 2020
I'm gonna brush my face harder to kill them all.

(1) (Reply)

.. / True Confession: How Judases Betrayed The Nma Strike By Sacking Us - Nard Presid / Negative Effects Of Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.