Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,101 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) (477 Views)

Religious Persecution: US Places Nigeria On Special Watch List Of Countries / The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas / "Sex Is Sweet": Kaduna Redeemed Christian Church Of God Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by cheaphost: 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2020
It's disheartening the level as it which the church has been persecuted, particularly in Nigeria. The church was called all sorts of names by people who felt that churches were against the cushioning of the effect of the Corona virus. Most churches cooperated with the government by closing down their physical churches and turning to the internet to beam services to it's members.

It is disheartening that now that it's business as usual in all spheres of endeavors, it's only the church that is being prevented from opening.

A trip throughout Lagos, Ogun state and other parts of the country, you will see how markets, bars and the lot are beaming with activities with little or no masks or social distancing.

It's on this note that i think it's injurious to keep the churches locked up. Christians must stand and have their voices heard on this obvious persecution of the church.

THE CHURCH MUST OPEN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-UxfrpHZBw

Lalasticlala mynd44 dominique

Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by karo93: 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
Churches and mosques and schools and night clubs and general social gatherings like the one naira marley and the flight company got into trouble for.....

The government made a list of priorities essential for human life such as food and money.

Wonderful as religion is. Humans will not die without it. At worst they will go to hell and the government doesnt base decisions on their spiritual values but rather physical.

This write up is under the assumption that you are trying to be logical..... if you prefer to believe the church is separated for a special persecution then Goodluck, you can just disregard my write up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by missuniversityafrica: 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
I disagree that the government should make a list of essentials and leave out spiritual aspects. The church also provide counselling, helps, comfort etc to many who need such. The church is a place where people come together as a family and get inspired and lives are transformed. Are you saying going to hell is a better option as a decision the govt should stick to its decision?

Financial solutions are not all that matters to life except you do not believe in the existence of God?
Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by Daxlover: 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
I totally agree with this video. While people find solutions in other places, many also find the same solutions/happiness from their religious beliefs. No one should be deprived of the other. We have buses choked with people especially Lag buses, factories and look at the markets etc so whats the logic saying the church should not open? Viewing centres are opened in many states including kano for people to get entertained. Haba. Even many states including FCT have opened churches/mosques and they obey the rules to sanitize/social distance so what makes Lagos/Ogun different. In Eti-osa crowds gather daily to watch football without masks, the coronation of the Oba of Oniru was filled with people. The government is speaking from 2 sides of its mouth. Don't shut one place and leave the others opened. Hypocrisy
Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2020
Daxlover:
I totally agree with this video. While people find solutions in other places, many also find the same solutions/happiness from their religious beliefs. No one should be deprived of the other. We have buses choked with people especially Lag buses, factories and look at the markets etc so whats the logic saying the church should not open? Viewing centres are opened in many states including kano for people to get entertained. Haba. Even many states including FCT have opened churches/mosques and they obey the rules to sanitize/social distance so what makes Lagos/Ogun different. In Eti-osa crowds gather daily to watch football without masks, the coronation of the Oba of Oniru was filled with people. The government is speaking from 2 sides of its mouth. Don't shut one place and leave the others opened. Hypocrisy
As long as you are in agreement with the opening of all churches, mosques, Bars, Brothels, Night clubs, Gyms, Spas, etc, why not? undecided

1 Like

Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by OtemAtum: 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
cheaphost:
It's disheartening the level as it which the church has been persecuted, particularly in Nigeria. The church was called all sorts of names by people who felt that churches were against the cushioning of the effect of the Corona virus. Most churches cooperated with the government by closing down their physical churches and turning to the internet to beam services to it's members.

It is disheartening that now that it's business as usual in all spheres of endeavors, it's only the church that is being prevented from opening.

A trip throughout Lagos, Ogun state and other parts of the country, you will see how markets, bars and the lot are beaming with activities with little or no masks or social distancing.

It's on this note that i think it's injurious to keep the churches locked up. Christians must stand and have their voices heard on this obvious persecution of the church.

THE CHURCH MUST OPEN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-UxfrpHZBw

Lalasticlala mynd44 dominique
The reason why markets open while the church remains close is because markets are useful while Churches are useless. Hunger Virus kills while NoChurch Virus frees many from poverty and deceptions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by petra1(m): 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2020
karo93:

The government made a list of priorities essential for human life such as food and money.

Is church not essential ?

Wonderful as religion is. Humans will not die without it. At worst they will go to hell and the government doesnt base decisions on their spiritual values but rather physical.

The America we are copying with lockdown oprne churches

1 Like

Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by karo93: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
petra1:

Is church not essential ?

The America we are copying with lockdown oprne churches

If the church was essential non christian nations will be dead, dying, sick, poor, economically and politically backward useless places....

Non christians will be sick, poor, disease ridden.....etc

The fact that all these things happen without the church means its not essential to life....

Ofcourse it can be essential to you and that is fine. You have the right to enjoy everything you deem essential to you......but you cannot force the world to value the things you value.

Afterall some people value cocaine and marijuana and the government doesnt care. They still banned them

1 Like

Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by kingxsamz(m): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2020
The church wasn't essential, isn't and will never be. Nobody has died from not going to church all these while.
If you feel the lockdown is an attack on your church (business center), what do you expect those who own legit businesses to do?
You aren't even clamoring for the reopening of schools and other essential areas, it's church!!!
Religion will never let you folks think straight.
We understand that you've missed the regular tithes from gullible folks, but even if you want
want the lockdown to be lifted completely, don't be bias and self centered about it. The world doesn't revolve around your beliefs.
The church is not essential.
Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by kingxsamz(m): 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
missuniversityafrica:
The church is a place where people come together as a family and get inspired and lives are transformed. Are you saying going to hell is a better option as a decision the govt should stick to its decision?

Your belief in hell is your own personal cup of tea.
No one cares if you're scared of some imaginary hell.
This is the real world, and laws aren't placed on mere superstition.
Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by petra1(m): 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
karo93:

If the church was essential non christian nations will be dead, dying, sick, poor, economically and politically backward useless places....

Non christians will be sick, poor, disease ridden.....etc

The fact that all these things happen without the church means its not essential to life....

If chemist is essential how come I haven't died, I dont go to chemist or hospital
Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by MJBOLT: 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2020
why should the government open a useless organisation undecided
Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by Mstick: 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
Christians and this their persecution mentality, I don't blame you guys Sha after all your book said so.

Schools have been shut totally since end of March but you don't see academics calling it persecution.

Churches weren't even totally locked down but you guys wouldn't say that after all the faster the "persecution" the sooner Jesus coming.
grin
Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by karo93: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
petra1:

If chemist is essential how come I haven't died, I dont go to chemist or hospital

People spend all their lives on earth without religion and their lives on earth are perfectly okay

No one goes through the earth without taking any form of medications viz drugs, immunization ,medical creams, herbal medications, herbs and roots and different forms of medical intervention.

If you have spent all the years of your life so far without medical intervention of any form then you have my utmost respect. I salute you and agree the health care is not essential in your life.

The medical interventions you have had so far prevented you from dying at that time so what exactly is your point?
Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by petra1(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
karo93:

The medical interventions you have had so far have kept you alive so what exactly is your point?

I work in health . It's my heritage by my faith .
Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by karo93: 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mstick:
Christians and this their persecution mentality, I don't blame you guys Sha after all your book said so.

Schools have been shut totally since end of March but you don't see academics calling it persecution.

Churches weren't even totally locked down but you guys wouldn't say that after all the faster the "persecution" the sooner Jesus coming.
grin

Buy you sef reason am..... Buhari is rumoured to be a patron of boko haram...boko haram hates western education....now buhari has shut down schools under the pretext of lockdown....

Markets are open but schools are closed. It is much easier to spread covid in a crowded danfo bus than in school....

Chai.....it is a boko haram agenda o..... i knew it !

Stop the persecution on education ! Open our schools now !
Re: Covid19: The Church Of God Must Open - Enough Of The Persecution (pics, Video) by karo93: 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
petra1:

I work in health . It's my heritage by my faith .

Congrats

(1) (Reply)

If Christians Don't Use Science, Science Will Use Them- Fr Oluoma / Sid Roth – 7 Angels Just Came To Tracy Cooke With A Word / Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.