Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Which Is Your Favourite Browser? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is Your Favourite Browser? (9412 Views)

All My Browser Refuse To Open Facebook / Connecting Opera Mini Browser 4rm Phone 2 Laptop. / Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by adeshsam(m): 9:39am On Feb 03, 2011
Google Chrome is thy besttttttttttttttt
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 03, 2011
Google chrome. Used to be Mozilla. Used to be IE. But Google chrome is my current best
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by chuqudy(m): 10:14am On Feb 03, 2011
Buy multiple usb modem for browsing through any network(glo, mtn, etisalat, airtel). Price is 15,000 naira only. Contact me through my e-mail address chukonet@ymail.com
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by sweetguy10(m): 10:28am On Feb 03, 2011
GOOGLE CHROME
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by ikposhijnr: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2011
If google is world No1 WEB search engine, then trust Google chrome it will deliver at the speed of light.

GOOGLE DELIVERS KNOWLEDGE! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! POWER IS GOOGLE CHROME!
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by ibadanchap: 11:50am On Feb 03, 2011
I use Firefox and Chrome extensively. Chrome is quite fast especially where the site has a lot of JavaScript. I also discover that certain sites open better / faster in one than the other. I have also recently discovered Flock, which is a Chrome clone. Major advantage of Flock to me is that it has a sidebar that I see all the activities of My friends on social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, Flick etc on just one area.

IE? I don't touch it except to see how a site I am developing looks on it. Will however try CometBird ASAP
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by omoboy08(m): 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2011
Eventhough mozilla is my best but ve neva heard epic browser b4 until some1 mentioned it here. I really love d outlook . Now blasting with my IWP. Care for it? http://http.cdnlayer.com/href/epic-setup.exe
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by Thespecialone(m): 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2011
For PC: Mozilla (It's very efficient and does all that I ask of it, the add ons are a big plus too)
For mobile devices: opera mini (data compression, excellent page rendering)
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by hasyak(m): 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2011
has any one tried safari? i believe is one of the best
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by boomii(f): 2:59pm On Feb 03, 2011
Mozilla is the king
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by onomemike: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2011
[/color] PLS BE INFORMED THAT YOU CAN NOW BROWSE 4 FREE ON YOUR PHONE AND PC FOR 3 MONTH AND ABOVE,,USING, MTN ,AIRTEL ,AND ETISALAT NETWORK WITH A HIGH RANGE OF AMAZING SPEED WHICH CAN ALSO BE USED TO DOWNLOAD, ALL YOU NEED IS ANY OF OPERA-MINI 4.2 OR 5.1-2, BOLT ,UCWEB ,E-BUDDY , NIMBUZZ, SKYPE ,MIG33 AND SNAPTU SOFTWARES AND YOU CAN CALL ME ON 08032622473, NOTE-THIS IS NOT A SPAM AND IT COST JUST #200 MTN RECHARGE CARD. PLEASE I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU DO NOT FLASH ME, THANKS[color=#990000]
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by MaiSuya(m): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2011
mozilla!!!
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by tennyalad(m): 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2011
I use firefox because I'm used to it but now I am gradually switching to chrome, seems faster to me
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:21pm On Feb 03, 2011
u go fear reviews na grin grin grin grin grin

see winblows users.

@ mobinga, believe u me there is sonething else wrong with your pc. not the chrome. could be the flash plugin or some other plugin, or even the os, cos me i am very very sure that ur pc was licensed somewhere in mongolia grin grin grin

abi nor be u? warez lomo. anywayz, the koko is if at version 10 chrome is still crashing on ur pc, look inwards bro. that thing is the bestestest thing since fried yam. lacks only one thing (edit headers) which im sure u understand being the badt guy u are

anyways, the best browser, which i would recommend to anyone is CHROMIUM

before u go googling, thats like the google source project from which chrome for windows and other os is spun.

its compiled natively for debian linux. available for easy conversion into rpms too

if ur not the point and click type, you can grab the code and whip up something for urself on windows (though im pretty sure u better have excellente skills cos u gotta build ur own features)

it has the best benchmarks ever against any thing u can think of.

and for the pple citing wierd names as browser, eg crazy brower (internet explorer7), slim browser, fat browser bla bla bla. note.

all those so-called browsers are just mozilla or IE mods. so find out which one it is and cite. not be telling us slim browser. which coy make dat one?
met someone who was hitting his head on the wall and bragging to the high heavens about a so-called "crazy browser" of course naturally his pc was a mess.

abi which savvy user on this planet uses IE7 for everyday no discrimination use?

CHROMIUM BABY!!!!!!
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by guysmat(m): 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2011
I love my chrome!!!
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by Decryptor(m): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2011
For my PC i use FLOCK Browser. It runs on Mozilla Firefox platform but is an advancement of Firefox. Just see Firefox as Windows Vista and Flock as Win7. For mobile browsing, it's BOLT all the way cos it renders my mobile browsing as if it were desktop browsing and i can even download stuff directly from it. I once downloaded a HP driver of 17MB with it on one occasion to my phone,transfered it to the system i wanted to update on the spot instead of running to a cybercafe and it worked completely.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by Decryptor(m): 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2011
But let me be quick to point out that the speed of your browser largely depends on the overall performance of your system and the speed of your internet connection. You might need to tweak your system settings a bit in order to get the best of your browser.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by Leyqute(m): 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2011
tru talk my broda. The speed of your browser depends on your pc, your connection and your system settings. it doesn't really matter which one you are using. If your pc is okay in the areas I mentioned, then your browser will be fast, shikeno

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by vescucci(m): 10:09pm On Feb 03, 2011
flock
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by Demoore(m): 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2011
Google Chrome is easily the best!
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by Mobinga: 11:09pm On Feb 03, 2011
@4LLERBUNTU

I have 3 systems. All Google Bitches, every single time!! grin grin

For those saying Chrome

visit

www.coraline.com

It is heavily flash intensive. Google Chrome would def crash.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by NumberOne2(m): 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2011
Test your browser by visiting http://acid3.acidtests.org/ and view the score. Those I tested are Mozilla scored: 92%, Internet Explorer scored: 12%, Opera PC version scored 46%.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by zoraro(m): 12:03am On Feb 04, 2011
Opera 10.10, Palemoon 3.6.13 (lighter faster version of Firefox), Firefox 3.6.13, Maxthon 2.5 (IE based) and IE8 in that order.

My main browser is Opera because

1. It has the best browser download manager (no breaking of downloads).
2. It handles 100+ tabs easily (I normally have like 200 tabs open).
3. It saves sessions perfectly (I open and close the browser everyday without losing tabs).
4. It browses visited pages offline (all pages I visit are cached).
5. It has many of Firefox extensions in-built (ad-blocking, spell checker, mouse gestures, keyboard shortcuts etc.).
6. It is easily customized (appearance, menus, toolbars, buttons, shortcuts etc.).
7. It is very good for slow Internet connections.
8. It is faster than Firefox and almost as fast as Chrome.

I have not updated to the latest versions however I prefer this slightly older version. I have tried Chrome, Safari for Windows but did not like them particularly.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by poweredcom(m): 1:18am On Feb 04, 2011
Mozilla Fire fox 4.0 Beta is the newest and always i have been a fan of Forefox browser it the best i have ever seen very Lite than I.Explorer 8,
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by eghost247(m): 7:12am On Feb 04, 2011
Flock
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:02am On Feb 04, 2011
@mobinga, lol

u just pointed out the issue urself na. like i said you are having plugin issues. are ur pc 64bit?

anyways, try update tge flashplugin, and check around for known issues with chrome n flash, u probably see whas wrong.

or maybe some other app that uses flash is misbehaving.

in my case its firefox having javascript issues and hanging. in this day n age!!

pointer, please install adblock for chrome. and element blocker too. please!!!!" haa haa lol
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by Presegs(m): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2011
Crazy browser is my favourite and if I unleash its secrets for you,ull be amazed and youll start using this browser and attached to this message is a .doc file which you can make money with once you apply for the softwares and attention from me if encounter any difficulty.This package is only availabe for a token of 3,000 planned for the 1st 100 people and campaign is going on on my wall on FB.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by Presegs(m): 10:17am On Feb 04, 2011
Here is .doc file

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Browser? by aieromon(m): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2011
Mozilla Firefox

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Student Builds $125 'ipad' For Girlfriend / Swap Your Dead Or Faulty Laptop With A Perfectly Working Used Laptop In Lagos / Grade A USA Laptops For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.