Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,519 members, 7,836,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Life Flashed Before My Eyes – COVID-19 Survivor Shares Ordeal - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Life Flashed Before My Eyes – COVID-19 Survivor Shares Ordeal (239 Views)

Second-Degree Burn Survivor Shares Before And After Photos / Nigerian COVID-19 Survivor Shares His Experience At Lagos Isolation Centre / Burn Survivor Shares Her Story 3 Years After She Was Burnt In Gas Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Flashed Before My Eyes – COVID-19 Survivor Shares Ordeal by ednawande2580: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
Despite the number of lives that have been lost during the global COVID-19 pandemic, it is worthy of note that the high recovery rate, through the help of frontline workers, has been encouraging in the intense fight against the virus.

One of Nigeria’s COVID-19 survivors, author and marketing expert, Ife Durosinmi Etti, has narrated her experience at the hands of coronavirus and how she fought for her life, coming out victorious.

In a post she shared on her Instagram page, Ife recounted how she started feeling sick and went to the hospital on June 1st where she diagnosed of a bacterial infection after a test.

She was later placed on admission as her body was not responding to the drugs.

Etti stated that one of the doctors later suggested that she gets tested for COVID-19.

The COVID-19 test result came back positive and according to her, the experience afterwards was ‘horrific’.

After receiving treatment for about a month, she tested negative on June 27 after a second test.

Read her story below;

“June tested my existence. From the first day to the end! Everyday was a horror movie. On the first of June, I woke up in so much pain! It started with headaches first, then body pains. I went into the hospital and I was diagnosed of a bacterial infection.“

“I was not surprised with the result because someone who was also with me had also tested for bacterial infection in a totally different hospital. So I just took the medication I was given and went home.”

“Later that evening, my head was pounding like a machine. My body felt like someone was using a hammer to hit it all over. My temperature was extremely high, the pain all over was unbearable! I went back into the hospital at midnight and got admitted.“

“They gave me more pain medications through IV. None of the medications worked still. I was restless, in pain, I begged for sleeping pills so I could forget the pain. Obviously, they did not give me. I was wide awake all night.“

“The next day, I was discharged with a new set of medications. All they gave me did not work. I decided to mask my pain. I went back on Friday and Saturday to complain that I was not getting better. At this point, I could not really talk again.“

Read more in link below.

https://www.mojidelano.com/2020/07/life-flashed-before-my-eyes-covid-19-survivor-ife-durosinmi-etti-recounts-ordeal/

Cc Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 Fynestboi

Re: Life Flashed Before My Eyes – COVID-19 Survivor Shares Ordeal by ReorxTohGan(m): 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
o ga o!
Re: Life Flashed Before My Eyes – COVID-19 Survivor Shares Ordeal by jidamsel43(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
Life will flash before your eyes too if you have high fever.
Should we call this celebration of Corona virus

(1) (Reply)

Miracle Stem Cell Supplement!!! 08052352804 / Evil! How My Dad Suddenly Went Blind / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.